Post a reply

Re: The John Higgins Interview with Hazel Irvine

Postby Roland

It's a shame you feel like that because to me it was a candid interview with the same John Higgins I've followed for the last 18 years or so.

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Surprised to hear he hasn't even picked up a cue since the Worlds, that's not good, needs to get in the club asap.

doubt hed have wanted to be in the gaze of the public, even inside a snooker hall whilst that cloud was hanging over him.

Surprised he doesnt have a table in his own home, suppose most players like the interaction with other players in a club rather than the tediousness of playing on their todd, plus it feels more like a proper job going out to the club to practice rather than just staying at home, wheres theres also more distractions to tempt you from not giving your full focus.

Call my cynical but i did think Higgins was calling our bluff and saying he hadnt picked up a cue since the Davis match so he has an excuse already made if his first match back he has a stinker.

It seemed hard to believe too that he hadnt spoke to Mooney since Russia. Youd have thought there might be xxxx xxxxxxxxxx xx xxxxx xxxxxxx...... :john:

Postby Bourne

Well he's still got about 6 weeks till what would be his first match so he can get himself going but it's just how much this situation had taken out of him mentally, i'm sure he's not gone more than a couple of months without picking up a cue since he was about 10 years old or so

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:
Witz78 wrote:his explanation at justifying not informing Hearn of what happened in Russia cos he didnt know there was a 24 hour notification rule in place was laughable frankly.

:clap: <ok> :clap: <ok>

its a bit like saying you found the body of a dead man with a gun beside him in your house but cos you didnt kill him you didnt bother phoning the cops cos you didnt know you had to inform them then when the cops find out they arrest you on suspicion of murder and you wonder why <doh>

Postby Roland

Right, so Stalin and Witz aren't Higgins sympathisers I think that's fairly clear. Is there anyone else with an opinion on the Higgins interview?

Postby GJ

I have no interest in this crap

The verdict has been announced so all i care about now is the actual snooker

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:I have no interest in this crap

Are you wild ?

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:I have no interest in this crap

Are you wild ?

<laugh> rofl

Postby Wildey

my take on the interviw is

John Higgins was genuine in that interview he isn't a Actor he is a very stupid Snooker Player that was playing at being a business man without a clue in hell what he was trying to do and was following the lead from Pat Mooney which lead him up the garden path.

i understand people dont want to believe that but that says more about them and the unflexibility in what they think . made their mind up no matter what John says or does wont change that whitch john fully understands ignorance is bliss and all that.

im going to state the obvious here But All the Doubters ive seen has been Ronnie O'Sullivan Fans could it actually be deep down wishful thinking on their parts ? only them and them alone can answer that.

Postby Monique

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/200 ... enge-ahead?
excerpt:
But six-time world champion Davis has warned Higgins that he should be aware of the chatter that will go on in his absence and said: “Mud does stick, and it is going to take a lot of un-sticking. It is very sticky stuff. The majority of the players possibly thought that John was going to get longer as a punishment.”

I'm a Ronnie fan and I have my doubts, serious doubts. No, it's not wishful thinking, not at all. It's about crediting John Higgins with minimal inteligence and courage. I've met the man and I just can't believe he is that stupid and such a coward. It simply is beyond my understanding. I see the rather mild punishment as being a decision to give him the opportunity to redeem himself. Everyone makes mistakes and sometimes very serious mistakes. John is in many way a good person with a warm heart, he's a great player and he has done a lot to promote the sport. He deserves to be given that chance and it won't be easy in any way to come back and regain his credibility. I hope his family and his friends (on and off the tour) will suport him, he will need it. I wish him well ... but I don't believe him. No way.

Postby Smart

wild - the point about being a ROS fan is very wide of the mark.

I have my doubts about the way this has been handled - totally. I have my doubts abouts the match which ended his WC (vs Davis) and then the story breaking. The punishment given out and the bit about DJ helping to set up an education process so that others do not get misled or fall into trouble. Smoke screen.

The guy saw a quick and easy buck...................unfortunately he was being filmed. We saw the film. We now know. He got off with a fine and the matter has been nicely brushed under the carpet. Mud sticks.
:wave:

Postby Wildey

StalinESQ wrote:wild - the point about being a ROS fan is very wide of the mark.

I have my doubts about the way this has been handled - totally. I have my doubts abouts the match which ended his WC (vs Davis) and then the story breaking. The punishment given out and the bit about DJ helping to set up an education process so that others do not get misled or fall into trouble. Smoke screen.

The guy saw a quick and easy buck...................unfortunately he was being filmed. We saw the film. We now know. He got off with a fine and the matter has been nicely brushed under the carpet. Mud sticks.
:wave:

Regarding the Ronnie angle it is a coincidence that majority are Ronnie Fans however i wont prejudge everyone with the same brush and there are some thats genuine in disbelief like ive been ....but ive forgoten about the video NOTW Published because its irrelevant in what went on there.

there are more to come out and will come out after the legal proceedings he is obviously taking gets concluded but i believe him what he said the emotion shown was real because he was fighting against it instead of being false and letting people feel sorry for him.

he took the blame in himself and probably felt coming home from Kiev after he obviously had a row with mooney after the meeting that his conscience was clear and only a matter of time before he shopped mooney but the story broke and he was screwed.

im not defending him he should have shopped mooney there and then but thats stupidaty on his part and hes been banned for that.

but when you look through everything thats happened the Right Decision was reached maybe the punishment is debatable but i have no doubt at all how he said it happened it did happen.

Postby Roland

I am reminding myself about the nature of the World Series events. JH didn't perform great in all of them it must be said. Jimmy White played average by his standards even and still beat John in a final in one but I put it down to John having a lot on his plate with the organisation and also the fact they were playing to a massive hall with no audience so he must've been feeling embarrassed.

As wild says though, he isn't an actor and seems genuine in the BBC interview. I can believe Mooney filled his head with all sorts and it would be easy to get carried away with all that was happening. It would be good if he could talk about the things that he isn't allowed to talk about so we can all see the all of the evidence.

Postby Wildey

Lets get one thing straight here John did play poor in some WS Events and possibly he did not put 100% in to every shot played in thoes events... being organiser he might been seen as fixing it if he won every tournament or majority of tournaments anyway, so the motivation wasn't winning those for John the Motivation was Taking snooker in to different countries.

Jimmy White chances of winning tournaments are ZERO these days so he will put in 100% to win thoes events.

Postby Wildey

Thompson Lykes wrote:I don't think Jeremy Paxman needs to worry about a challenge from little Hazel.

Not so much a grilling as a gentle massage with some olive oil.

An exclusive interview where he isn't asked one gritty question. Pathetic

are you deff

"for legal reasons there are certain things we cant discuss "

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:I am reminding myself about the nature of the World Series events. JH didn't perform great in all of them it must be said. Jimmy White played average by his standards even and still beat John in a final in one but I put it down to John having a lot on his plate with the organisation and also the fact they were playing to a massive hall with no audience so he must've been feeling embarrassed.

As wild says though, he isn't an actor and seems genuine in the BBC interview. I can believe Mooney filled his head with all sorts and it would be easy to get carried away with all that was happening. It would be good if he could talk about the things that he isn't allowed to talk about so we can all see the all of the evidence.

I totally agree with this. And that's the main reason I regret that charges were dropped. I would have prefereed that they would have been investigated in depth and hopefully dismissed. You can't afford grey areas in that sort of affair.