81%
Mark Selby
19%

Total votes : 21

Re: Who is your favourite player?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:World Snooker should strip Selby of the 2014 World Title, and add it to Ronnie's collection where it belongs.

Awwww - still hurts five years later?

:wkr:

Selby should never have won that final. It was the match that changed everything, for all the wrong reasons.

:happy: :D :spot on: :pal: :ok: :mex: :band: :pompom:

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Vallomas wrote:Reading again and again that Selby is only a tactician - aka a "grinder" - gets boring. He is a complete player and very attacking IF/WHEN he is on form.

To answer the (simple) question, I admire both players, but I like Ronnie more.

I agree with every part of this post.

Yes a man with so many centuries as him certainly cant be a grinder and boring player.

Yes he can grind when he needs to, or when he is out of form, but when playing at his best he scores as well as anyone.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:World Snooker should strip Selby of the 2014 World Title, and add it to Ronnie's collection where it belongs.

Awwww - still hurts five years later?

:wkr:

Selby should never have won that final. It was the match that changed everything, for all the wrong reasons.

+1

Postby Holden Chinaski

Selby's an all-time great. Not only is he probably the best grinder ever, but when he's playing his A-game he's also a fantastic break builder. Mentally he's one of the strongest players ever.

The fact that Ronnie has won 36 ranking titles and 19 Triple Crowns in an era where he not only had to compete with the likes of Higgins and Williams but also with the likes of Selby and Trump, is what makes him the greatest. Prime Hendry would have had a very difficult time trying to beat prime Selby. Selby's no Jimmy White... And I love Jimmy and Hendry.

Ronnie beating Selby with a 147 in the deciding frame of the 2007 UK semi is one of my favourite memories. The Masters finals between Selby and Ronnie were brilliant as well. Wild is right when he says a rivalry is what makes snooker exciting.

Postby Ck147

I like both, probably a bit more Selby as he doesn't talk so much absolute rubbish off the table, don't get all the hate against Selby. But my real favourite is peacock mode Robbo.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby's an all-time great. Not only is he probably the best grinder ever, but when he's playing his A-game he's also a fantastic break builder. Mentally he's one of the strongest players ever.

The fact that Ronnie has won 36 ranking titles and 19 Triple Crowns in an era where he not only had to compete with the likes of Higgins and Williams but also with the likes of Selby and Trump, is what makes him the greatest. Prime Hendry would have had a very difficult time trying to beat prime Selby. Selby's no Jimmy White... And I love Jimmy and Hendry.

Ronnie beating Selby with a 147 in the deciding frame of the 2007 UK semi is one of my favourite memories. The Masters finals between Selby and Ronnie were brilliant as well. Wild is right when he says a rivalry is what makes snooker exciting.

Good analysis Holden, agree 100%.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Selby's an all-time great. Not only is he probably the best grinder ever, but when he's playing his A-game he's also a fantastic break builder. Mentally he's one of the strongest players ever.

Good analysis Holden, agree 100%.

I wouldn't even call it good analysis. It's stating the blindingly obvious – that many fans refuse to see!