Post a reply

Dress code changes for the Home Nations Events....

Postby SnookerFan

“You can have any colour you want, as long as it’s black,” said Henry Ford about his Model T cars back in 1909.

Snooker players will have a similar choice throughout this season’s Home Nations series.

World Snooker has joined forces with renowned clothing firm Hawes & Curtis to create a new dress code for the four Home Nations events, starting with this month’s 19.com English Open.

All 128 players will wear black tailored long-sleeved shirts together with black or dark tailored trousers.

Snooker’s traditional attire of waistcoats and bow ties has been dropped for this series.

World Snooker Chairman Barry Hearn said: “The new dress code for the Home Nations events will help the series become distinctive and develop a unique identity.

“We know that waistcoats and bow ties are closely associated with the traditions of our sport and we have no plans to change the dress code for the majority of our key events.

“But we have decided to make this change for the Home Nations and we hope the black shirts will be stylish and practical for the players.

“We’re thrilled to be working with Hawes & Curtis and we’re delighted with the product they have designed.”

Hawes & Curtis is a London-based firm established in 1913 with the intention of creating high quality, exclusive clothing. Hawes & Curtis has been acclaimed by royalty and aristocracy alike; most famously by the Duke of Windsor and Earl Mountbatten.

Hawes & Curtis CEO Touker Suleyman said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to support World Snooker and we are delighted to provide the new distinctive dress code for the Home Nations event. Since 1913, Hawes & Curtis has dressed the best, including royalty and Hollywood stars. Today we are very proud to dress all 128 top snooker players in our formal wear.”

http://www.worldsnooker.com/world-snook ... ress-code/

Re: Dress code changes for the Home Nations Events....

Postby HappyCamper

I think it's good that they're exploring sponsorship opportunities beyond the usual gambling firms. And menswear seems and obvious fit. (No pun intended).

But I fecking hate black shirts with black waistcoats/trousers.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:I think it's good that they're exploring sponsorship opportunities beyond the usual gambling firms. And menswear seems and obvious fit. (No pun intended).

This is a fair point actually.

You'd think they'd have thought about getting waistcoat sponsorship deals yonks ago wouldn't you? I mean, seriously. Why weren't they doing that five minutes after snooker players started wearing waistcoats?

Postby Iranu

The_Abbott wrote:More expense for the lower ranked players and probably a % of sales going to Hearn's pocket.

Surely if the outfits are sponsored they’ll be provided by Hawes & Curtis?

Tournament sponsors don’t expect players to contribute to the prize money do they?

This is a pretty cool idea, actually.

On the note of sponsorship, I’ve always wondered why players don’t have sponsors on the back of their waistcoats. You see that as much as the front with them bending over the table so often.

Postby Alex0paul

They should have a strip snooker event. Each player has 5 items of clothing on and they must remove an item each time they lose a frame until one player is naked who then is eliminated. Shoes and socks do not count.

Postby Pink Ball

Alex0paul wrote:They should have a strip snooker event. Each player has 5 items of clothing on and they must remove an item each time they lose a frame until one player is naked who then is eliminated. Shoes and socks do not count.

Coland would've wanted Selbo to lose then.

Postby Ash147

Alex0paul wrote:They should have a strip snooker event. Each player has 5 items of clothing on and they must remove an item each time they lose a frame until one player is naked who then is eliminated. Shoes and socks do not count.

It would be the one time I'd want Shaun Murphy to win.

Postby SnookerFan

Unless Reanne Evans is playing, I'm not interested.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:I think it's good that they're exploring sponsorship opportunities beyond the usual gambling firms. And menswear seems and obvious fit. (No pun intended).

This is a fair point actually.

You'd think they'd have thought about getting waistcoat sponsorship deals yonks ago wouldn't you? I mean, seriously. Why weren't they doing that five minutes after snooker players started wearing waistcoats?

Probably because they started wearing them in 1880 and there was not a great demand for TV sponsorship back then.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Judd Trump with a massive Burger King logo on his back.

Might need some positive publicity after this shower of rubbish.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-49941400

This is absolutely disgusting. If I was Judd Trump I'd never want to associate myself with this company ever again.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

This is absolutely disgusting. If I was Judd Trump I'd never want to associate myself with this company ever again.

Yeah - snake hiss poor that

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Disgusting, but let’s be honest here, there’s no way in hell that’s company policy. Burger King are a lot of things but they’re not thick. That’s just some lazy incompetent pin end(s) amongst their staff.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:More expense for the lower ranked players and probably a % of sales going to Hearn's pocket.

Surely if the outfits are sponsored they’ll be provided by Hawes & Curtis?

Tournament sponsors don’t expect players to contribute to the prize money do they?

This is a pretty cool idea, actually.

On the note of sponsorship, I’ve always wondered why players don’t have sponsors on the back of their waistcoats. You see that as much as the front with them bending over the table so often.

Yea they are suplied from Hawes & Curtis.