Post a reply

New members

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I don't understand why so many new members join but do not engage. Like three new people joined today but they say nothing. That is a thousand or so a year.

Anyone have a guess why that is?

Would it be worth looking at new members at the end of a week or month and sending them a message encouraging them to post? That way they get an email welcoming them.

Before the admins start shouting, I would be happy to take on some/all of the labour were this to be agreed.

Despite the puerile content of most of my posts, I can actually write properly and would be happy to send a draft of a 'welcome' message to admin for approval. Just saying.

Anyone have better ideas??

Re: New members

Postby Andre147

I've seen that happen yes. I joined way back in 2011 and every year we have new posters who sign up but then don't post anything.

For your information, every new member's first 3 posts needs to be approved by a mod. We always do this everytime they post, after the 3rd post then it's ok.

But most of them don't even make that first post. If you want you can send me or any other mod that welcome message anf if everything's good then I have no problems with you replying to them.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:I've seen that happen yes. I joined way back in 2011 and every year we have new posters who sign up but then don't post anything.

For your information, every new member's first 3 posts needs to be approved by a mod. We always do this everytime they post, after the 3rd post then it's ok.

But most of them don't even make that first post. If you want you can send me or any other mod that welcome message anf if everything's good then I have no problems with you replying to them.

OK Andre - I am happy to give it a go if the consensus around here is that it would be a good thing to do.

Thanks for the response.

Postby Wildey

There is a lot of lurkers around that might post only if a subject makes their blood boil so much otherwise they are happy for us to argue the toss and they will either agree or disagree with us in the privacy of their own key board.

lets put it like this Snookerfan type poster who talks about DinnerDate, having a dump of getting the bears in are rare on forums.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:There is a lot of lurkers around that might post only if a subject makes their blood boil so much otherwise they are happy for us to argue the toss and they will either agree or disagree with us in the privacy of their own key board.

lets put it like this Snookerfan type poster who talks about DinnerDate, having a dump of getting the bears in are rare on forums.

I have never once got a bear in, I'll have you know.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:There is a lot of lurkers around that might post only if a subject makes their blood boil so much otherwise they are happy for us to argue the toss and they will either agree or disagree with us in the privacy of their own key board.

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:rofl

Oh, screw the lot of you.

I'm going for a dump. :grrr:

Postby Ash147

SF having a dinner date? I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. :chin:

Postby Prop

Ash147 wrote:SF having a dinner date? I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. :chin:

With a bear. And some beers.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:Lurkers gonna lurk

It's how most of us started TBF.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:SF having a dinner date? I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. :chin:

Say what you like about Winnie The Pooh, but he was the best date I ever had.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Lurkers gonna lurk

It's how most of us started TBF.

I spent a few months lurking before deciding to join.

I dont think anyone discovers this Forum and that same minute makes an account.

Postby Ash147

I spent years lurking before I joined.

Postby SnookerFan

I was recommended it by the head admin of break-off. Make of that what you will.

Though, I did used to browse the old 606 forum without ever having an account.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:I was recommended it by the head admin of break-off. Make of that what you will.

In two months you will be celebrating your 10 year anniversary.

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I was recommended it by the head admin of break-off. Make of that what you will.

What should we do to mark the occasion?

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

We should all meet up for a round of Mars Bars.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Come on mark (the occasion).

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Terrible.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

rofl

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I spent years lurking before I joined.

You are the forum lurker. Twisted forum lurker

:-(

Postby Wildey

omg where did we go wrong :shrug:

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:

omg where did we go wrong :shrug:

It's all down to you, actually. I knew I had to sign up after seeing you try to ban yourself because of last season's China Championship.

Postby Iranu

buck sake, Wild. See what you did? You just couldn’t calm the buck down, could you?

I will never forgive you for this.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Pink Ball wrote:I'd lurked since the 606 days before signing up in 2015.

Fascinating - any other anecdotes you would like to share?

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I'd lurked since the 606 days before signing up in 2015.

Fascinating - any other anecdotes you would like to share?

Once knocked an old gravestone at a Funeral. Never lean against one unless you're sure of what you're dealing with.