Post a reply

Re: Mark Davis enter the English Open

Postby TheRocket

If not for the feathering Mark Davis would be the current English Open Champion. That was the big turning point in the match which led to Binghams victory.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:If not for the feathering Mark Davis would be the current English Open Champion. That was the big turning point in the match which led to Binghams victory.

Noy sure... once he got to 8 frames he could have gotten nervous when he was on the verge of his first ranking title.

Bingham would still find a way to win I think.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:If not for the feathering Mark Davis would be the current English Open Champion. That was the big turning point in the match which led to Binghams victory.

Noy sure... once he got to 8 frames he could have gotten nervous when he was on the verge of his first ranking title.

Bingham would still find a way to win I think.

You could be right of course but Davis looked very strong mentally during the whole tournament. He also beat Higgins and Ronnie, not looking edgy in the slightest. In the final he had won the last two frames with big breaks and was about to win his third and gain a 6:4 lead. The incident ruined it.

If he got to 8 frames before Bingham did he would have crossed the finishing line imo. But we'll never know anyway. And I'm not sure if he ever gets another chance to win a ranker.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Sadly I don't think Mark will make another final.

He has done well out of the game and will probably look back on his career with some regret, but there have been some nice highlights along the way.

Decent bloke.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Sadly I don't think Mark will make another final.

He has done well out of the game and will probably look back on his career with some regret, but there have been some nice highlights along the way.

Decent bloke.

Yeah owning Higgins is one highlight and leading the h2h