Post a reply

Re: If Ronnie wants to win another WC

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:Is he looking to win another Water closet?

He wants one of those portable TARDIS ones, in case Hearn limits toilet breaks. He can just leave it by the table.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 20 Sep 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ash147

Since Hearn has decided to ban toilet breaks, the new prize for winning the World Championship is a portable toilet. This allows the players to go to the bathroom without leaving the auditorium.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:

He wants one of those portable TARDIS ones, in case Heath limits toilet breaks. He can just leave it by the table.

Heath? Bungke.

Postby GeF

Badsnookerplayer wrote:GEF - can you play snooker in France?

Yes. But there is not so many snooker tables.
About competition, there is pretty nothing.
Snooker is managed by FFB (French billard federetion) who focuse mostly on Carom billiard.

Blackball (red & yellow) is more played.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

GeF wrote:

Snooker is managed by FFB (French billard federetion) who focuse mostly on Carom billiard.

How did you get interested in snooker??

Postby GeF

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
GeF wrote:

I was playing Blackball in competition in 1990-1992 when Stephen Hendry start his collection of WC.
(There was somme matchs on Canal + TV)
I try playing snooker but I felt a lot of frustration changing from 6/7 to 12 ft table.
I was able to do good things on pool but fails to pot a ball most of the time on this large table.

I stop playing during years and finally came back and finally made some 2 digits breaks with patience and perseverance. Learning from Eurosport and Youtube.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

GeF wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
GeF wrote:

I was playing Blackball in competition in 1990-1992 when Stephen Hendry start his collection of WC.
(There was somme matchs on Canal + TV)
I try playing snooker but I felt a lot of frustration changing from 6/7 to 12 ft table.
I was able to do good things on pool but fails to pot a ball most of the time on this large table.

I stop playing during years and finally came back and finally made some 2 digits breaks with patience and perseverance. Learning from Eurosport and Youtube.

:hatoff:

Postby Andre147

If Ronnie wants to win another WC he needs to get his act together there.

No more of this "I'd rather lose first round than get all the way to the Final and lose" bull.

Postby Ash147

It would probably be better if he came in under the radar, a bit like in 2012. I think the fact that almost no one thinks he'll win it will actually help him.

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:Last two times ROS had lost in the first round he went on to win the World title the year after that.

The first time he lost in the first round he went on to go out in the second round the year after that. I think this scenario is more likely than him going on to win it.

Postby TheRocket

Ash147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Last two times ROS had lost in the first round he went on to win the World title the year after that.

The first time he lost in the first round he went on to go out in the second round the year after that. I think this scenario is more likely than him going on to win it.

Even though he was a Teenager back then I still have to agree with your prediciton for next year. Given the recent history you have to say its overall the more likely scenario unfortunately.

Postby Andre147

Let's hope he makes it a 3rd one. Good thing about losing first round is that you cant get any worse.

Postby The_Abbott

Ronnie is never again going to win the World Championships. He just does not have the hunger for it. He seems to only want to enter the invitational events.

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:Ronnie is never again going to win the World Championships. He just does not have the hunger for it. He seems to only want to enter the invitational events.

How is his breakaway tour coming along?