The Triple Crown - Ronnie vs Hendry

Stephen Hendry
76%
Ronnie O'sullivan
24%

Total votes : 17

The Triple Crown - Ronnie vs Hendry

Postby Ash147

Which of the two has done better with the Triple Crown events?

Stephen Hendry

7x World Championship
6x Masters
5x UK Championship
18x Triple Crowns

Ronnie O'sullivan

5x World Championship
7x Masters
7x UK Championship
19x Triple Crowns

Re: The Triple Crown - Ronnie vs Hendry

Postby TheRocket

2 more World titles is a better achievement than 1 more Masters and 2 more UK's. So its Hendry.

But if Ronnie was to win one more World title he'd surpass Hendry imo.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:Most people around here think that Ray Reardon's Triple Crown record is better than Ronnie's.

Hendry's is better as he proved it more often when it mattered on the biggest stage.

ROS still has time to change that but not much time.

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:Most people around here think that Ray Reardon's Triple Crown record is better than Ronnie's.

Hendry's is better as he proved it more often when it mattered on the biggest stage.

ROS still has time to change that but not much time.

My comment was about Reardon, not Hendry. So your comment should have been "Reardon's is better as he proved it more often when it mattered on the biggest stage."

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yes - Raerdon did prove it more often on the biggest stage but his other totals don't stack up

His other totals don't matter, anyway.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yes - Raerdon did prove it more often on the biggest stage but his other totals don't stack up

Of course they matter.

Ronnie and Hendry have similar totals of rankers, so called TC but Hendry edges the WC.

Reardon has a better record at the WC but does not stack up elsewhere

Postby Pink Ball

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:

Of course they matter.

Ronnie and Hendry have similar totals of rankers, so called TC but Hendry edges the WC.

This is all true but, for me, the standard of player they were up against has to be taken into account. O'Sullivan's prime years coincided with the prime years of Williams, Higgins, Ebdon, Doherty, Lee, Dott, Stevens. Hendry, to me, just didn't face that kind of quality aside from Jimmy White and John Parrott. That, to me, is the difference between the two.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:

Of course they matter.

This is all true but, for me, the standard of player they were up against has to be taken into account. O'Sullivan's prime years coincided with the prime years of Williams, Higgins, Ebdon, Doherty, Lee, Dott, Stevens. Hendry, to me, just didn't face that kind of quality aside from Jimmy White and John Parrott. That, to me, is the difference between the two.

<ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Pink Ball wrote:This is all true but, for me, the standard of player they were up against has to be taken into account. O'Sullivan's prime years coincided with the prime years of Williams, Higgins, Ebdon, Doherty, Lee, Dott, Stevens. Hendry, to me, just didn't face that kind of quality aside from Jimmy White and John Parrott. That, to me, is the difference between the two.

My thoughts exactly. :hatoff:

Also, Jimmy White was addicted to hard drugs. He was almost physically incapable of winning a World Championship final.