Post a reply

Re: Ding Junhui

Postby SnookerFan

StalinESQ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Will Ding ever be World Champion? Discuss.

Yes :wave:

Thanks for your input. :wave:

Postby GJ

maybe once

Postby Tubberlad

SnookerFan wrote:Will Ding ever be World Champion? Discuss.

Yes, he's a fantastic snooker player <ok> I would put him on a similar footing to Robertson

Postby GJ

rocket_ron wrote:Im tipping him to win 2011 WC

THE CRUCIBLE CURSE WILL BE BROKEN IN 2011 :D <cool>

Postby Rocket_ron

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

well if not 2011 then defo 2012

Postby Tubberlad

GJtheaussiestud wrote:

Good luck with that <laugh> if Stephen Christ couldn't do it, what hope does anyone else have

Postby GJ

thetubberlad wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

Good luck with that <laugh> if Stephen Christ couldn't do it, what hope does anyone else have

it will happen trust me :afro:

Postby Tubberlad

:) I'm saying second round...

The winner will come from one of Mark Selby, Ding Junhui & Ronnie O'Sullivan. I would rate Robertson right up their with the three of them, but defending a title, in particular a World Title, is a very tought task. The last defending champion to even make the semi-final during a title defence was O'Sullivan, and that was eight years ago. The last four winners haven't made the last eight.

I would also rate the excellent John Higgins right up there, but other circumstances will probably have knocked him well of his stride by now.

I'd go Selby or Ding, but very early days obviously, too early even.

Postby Wildey

im Hoping he does but its not a definite at the moment he goes walk about to often during a best of 9 match 17 days hard graft he will have poor sessions how he copes with them is the key.

Talent is a minor element to be World Champion.

Postby Roland

Yes

Postby SnookerFan

I certainly hope he does. I wanted to gage other people's opinion. He's good, and has won the UK twice. But I feel he sometimes doesn't acquit himself properly, for whatever reason. Maybe his mind wonders.

Can he win the big one? That's the key.

Postby Roland

Yes

Postby paperbackwriter

He has plenty of time, he'll do it. Even if he doesn't have everything he needs to be a WC yet, he should get there. He wouldn't be my first pick for 2011, but I don't rule that out either- actually, if he makes it to the quarters, I don't think he'll need to take it step by step, he may relax a bit and go for the trophy from there (or it may be the opposite, total failure in the semis, but nevermind).

Postby Bourne

I hope so. He is still only 23 remember, easy to think his time has come and passed. Unless you're super, super special in this sport, you're not going to be winning world titles under the age of about 22 ish, experience counts for a lot these days I believe. So give Ding 3 or 4 years from now and if he's still struggling to make semi-finals, then it's a problem.

Postby randam05

Hmm I cant really say to be honest..its like asking will ronnie ever win it again. He is very young so I can see 1 possibly 2 coming from him when hes around 30.

Postby randam05

YES.

liking the yes theme