Post a reply

Is this 2009?

Postby Alex0paul

Where are all the tournaments? Have we gone back in time?

Two ranking events since the World Championship in May is not good enough.

Re: Is this 2009?

Postby Ash147

Alex0paul wrote:Where are all the tournaments? Have we gone back in time?

I was thinking about this earlier. This has been the quietest summer of snooker that I can remember for a long time.

Postby D4P

If would be nice if WorldSnooker were to at least spread the events out enough such that there were no tournaments ending in China one day and starting in the UK the next day, or vice versa. There should be at least a week between events, especially those that are a long distance from each other.

Postby vodkadiet1

I wish it was. Britain was a nice place and there was no mention of Brexit. Soon after that a rich 'spiv' who made a fortune in the city convinced a lot of low paid working class people that their lives were garbage only because of a dictatorship called The European Union.

Always blame the 'Foriegner'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raNGeq3_DtM

Postby Ash147

vodkadiet1 wrote:I wish it was. Britain was a nice place and there was no mention of Brexit. Soon after that a rich 'spiv' who made a fortune in the city convinced a lot of low paid working class people that their lives were garbage only because of a dictatorship called The European Union.

Can you not?

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet1 wrote:I wish it was. Britain was a nice place and there was no mention of Brexit. Soon after that a rich 'spiv' who made a fortune in the city convinced a lot of low paid working class people that their lives were garbage only because of a dictatorship called The European Union.

Nice attempt at thread derailment.

Postby SnookerFan

My hilarious joke aside, I agree on this issue. Especially with what D4P wrote here;

D4P wrote:If would be nice if WorldSnooker were to at least spread the events out enough such that there were no tournaments ending in China one day and starting in the UK the next day, or vice versa. There should be at least a week between events, especially those that are a long distance from each other.

How many times have we seen a player exhausted in a match, because they were playing in a different country 24 hours or a different continent 48 hours previously.

Hearn comes out with a lot of rhetoric about sending the players back to work, not rewarding mediocrity and other such verbal diarrhea. But if there's so much space at the start of the season, why not move a couple of tournaments earlier, to help ease the pressures on the travel.

Also, why wasn't the Paul Hunter Classic televised in any way. It used to be on the Eurosport main channel. Now it's on even on the player. There was no way of watching it at all. (Not counting any dodgy illegal ways anybody might have found.) And let's not pretend that was the only problem with the PHC.

Seems the ball has been dropped the last few months.

Postby SteveJJ

I think the second half of the season will be crammed more than normal, so much so that Snooker Scene were speculating that they couldn't see where they'd be able to fit the Championship League in...which would be a shame.

Postby SteveJJ

World Cup Year, players need time to recover!!

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:

World Cup Year, players need time to recover!!

:chin:

Postby Lemnas

SteveJJ wrote:I think the second half of the season will be crammed more than normal, so much so that Snooker Scene were speculating that they couldn't see where they'd be able to fit the Championship League in...which would be a shame.

https://soundcloud.com/davehendon/preview-1
At 05:00 for more detail.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Lemnas wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:I think the second half of the season will be crammed more than normal, so much so that Snooker Scene were speculating that they couldn't see where they'd be able to fit the Championship League in...which would be a shame.

https://soundcloud.com/davehendon/preview-1
At 05:00 for more detail.

Funny that he mentions a possible tournament in Saudi Arabia given controversial that state is. WWE have got loads of criticism for running shows there.

Postby Ck147

Summer break is fine, they do it in other sports (or other seasons), up to players to spread themselves effectively, they are professionals. What you said SF about PHC is absolutely right, that tournemant needs a bit more respect.