Post a reply

World Champions vs Ronnie

Postby Ash147

Of all the World Champions that Ronnie has played against, only Neil Robertson and Dennis Taylor haven't beaten him in a multi-session match.

Now, it's not surprising that Dennis Taylor hasn't beaten him over a multi-session match, especially as they've only ever played one. I do find it very surprising that Neil Robertson hasn't, considering how every other World Champion, bar Taylor, has managed to do so.

Why do you think this is?

Re: World Champions vs Ronnie

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Robertson is not as good at long snooker matches

This could explain why he's only ever been in one WC final. In fact, the last time he made it past the quarter-finals was in 2014. Robertson has exited in the first and second rounds a total of eight times. Not the best record for one of the top players.

Postby Ck147

Maybe Ronnie gets in his head, or he gets bored and starts thinking about his Xbox? Wish you guys would leave him alone, he's one of the best snooker players to ever pick up a cue. 100 centuries in a season, triple crown winner, luvley hair, the list is endless. I wouldn't be surprised if he won every tournament this season, Robbo's the real GOAT. You guys need to stop the hate, I find you pathetic, pathetic, PATHETIC. That does it, ban me I don't care, I'm posting a nude pic of myself...

Postby SnookerFan

Ash147 wrote:Of all the World Champions that Ronnie has played against, only Neil Robertson and Dennis Taylor haven't beaten him in a multi-session match.

Now, it's not surprising that Dennis Taylor hasn't beaten him over a multi-session match, especially as they've only ever played one. I do find it very surprising that Neil Robertson hasn't, considering how every other World Champion, bar Taylor, has managed to do so.

Because Ronnie is a very good player.

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:Maybe Ronnie gets in his head, or he gets bored and starts thinking about his Xbox? Wish you guys would leave him alone, he's one of the best snooker players to ever pick up a cue. 100 centuries in a season, triple crown winner, luvley hair, the list is endless. I wouldn't be surprised if he won every tournament this season, Robbo's the real GOAT. You guys need to stop the hate, I find you pathetic, pathetic, PATHETIC. That does it, ban me I don't care, I'm posting a nude pic of myself...

Nice hair? Seems relevant.

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Of all the World Champions that Ronnie has played against, only Neil Robertson and Dennis Taylor haven't beaten him in a multi-session match.

Because Ronnie is a very good player.

Yes, that is obviously true. It just surprised me that he hasn't beaten him over a multi-session match, but players like Dott or Bingham have managed to do so.

Postby Alexaryan

Ronnie wants - and maybe needs - to entertain. In his second book there's a chapter all about playing Selby. We'll worth reading. He talks about Everyday folks like you and me working all week to pay for tickets to watch him then feeling like a fraud if he chooses to try to outgrind Selby. He basically gave away a world final of you go back and watch how many one or two snookers needed frames he submitted, there was loads over the sessions.

Still the best in the game and mindful of entertaining

Postby Andre147

Its still a bit surprising Robbo hasnt beaten him in a multi-session match. I do think his best chance of doing so came this year at the Tour Champs Final and maybe when they played in their 2007 Worlds clash.

Postby TheRocket

Imo Robertson has always had a match up problem against the fast attacking players who score heavily and play with a lot of intensity . Even Milkins could beat him twice at the World Championship.

Against Trump his multi session H2H is 1:4 and his only win was a very narrow 13:11 win after trailing 2:6. Against Ronnie its 0:5.

On the other hand he always does well against Selby and Higgins. Bar this years World Championship where he played like a mong against Higgins.

Postby Ck147

Robbo seems to find it easier to hit peacock mode when he's playing slower more methodical players and get them out of their comfort zone or not even give them a chance. But when he's playing faster attacking players he seems to find it hard to get out of Pythagoras mode, like he's trying to out smart them or something? That's not his natural game and why he eff's up.

I enjoy watching Robbo in peacock mode - pretty sure most of you guys would agree when he's playing his best he's one of the best on the table at the moment and deserved his top 3 from last season.
Last edited by Ck147 on 25 Aug 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:Nice hair? Seems relevant.

Highly relevant. Name more than 4 world champions in the Crucible era who didn't have "nice hair" at the time of winning.
Last edited by Ck147 on 25 Aug 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Postby carayip

Ck147 wrote:

Highly relevant. Name more than 2 world champions in the Crucible era who didn't have "nice hair" at the time of winning.

Bingham, Williams and John Higgins

Postby Ck147

carayip wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

Highly relevant. Name more than 2 world champions in the Crucible era who didn't have "nice hair" at the time of winning.

I'd rather have Higgins 2011 haircut than Trumps, but you got the other 2 I was thinking of :)

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:

Peter Ebdon.

Stuart Bingham.

Postby Ck147

bullocks, I can't lie, would rather have trumps hair from back then, and jeez did Ebdon ever have hair? I've edited it to be 4 WC's cos I obviously didn't do enough research.

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:bullocks, I can't lie, would rather have trumps hair from back then, and jeez did Ebdon ever have hair? I've edited it to be 4 WC's cos I obviously didn't do enough research.

No backsies.....

Postby Iranu

Ck147 wrote:bullocks, I can't lie, would rather have trumps hair from back then, and jeez did Ebdon ever have hair? I've edited it to be 4 WC's cos I obviously didn't do enough research.

Dott

Postby carayip

Ck147 wrote:
carayip wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

I'd rather have Higgins 2011 haircut than Trumps, but you got the other 2 I was thinking of :)

This is nice hair?

https://images.app.goo.gl/nsSDxx3yBDsJvGGA9

Postby Ash147

carayip wrote:
Ash147 wrote:John Higgins is a beautiful man.

Higgins lost the beauty contest since 2011

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:How do people rate Prime Hendry's hair?

Average.

That's not average.

That mullet is something special.