Post a reply

Re: 2009 Betfred.com World Snooker Championship Final

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:They tend not to on tablet or phones.

Viewing on PC is the answer.

It's very simple to simply paste the link at the same time alongside the YouTube embed think. With more than 60% of users accessing the forum on phones and tablets it's essential.

I'm travelling today. No access to my laptop. Just caught up on Pinkie's posts and they are all blank.

Yes I know this is a limitation of the forum but we have to work with what we've got.

Postby Cloud Strife

You guys do know you can access the desktop websites on phones and tablets, right? Surely I'm not the only person on here who knows this?

If you're on an iPhone just touch and hold the refresh button which will you give the option of viewing the desktop version of the site. Once you've seen what you needed to see, just switch back to the mobile site. It's honestly not rocket science.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:You guys do know you can access the desktop websites on phones and tablets, right? Surely I'm not the only person on here who knows this?

If you're on an iPhone just touch and hold the refresh button which will you give the option of viewing the desktop version of the site. Once you've seen what you needed to see, just switch back to the mobile site. It's honestly not rocket science.

I didn't know that until somebody on this forum told me how to do it.

Possibly you.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:That doesn't work on android.
It is a more graceful solution to simply paste the link text at the same time like...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sn3Fobs6RYI

I've got an Android phone and it's just as easy. Just click on the ellipsis and tick the 'desktop site' from the list of options. And once you're done just untick it to go back to the mobile site. Simple.

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:You guys do know you can access the desktop websites on phones and tablets, right? Surely I'm not the only person on here who knows this?

One thing I don’t understand is how to switch back to mobile? It just keeps giving me the option to switch to desktop.

I usually just close the tab and open a new one.

Oh, and on Android assuming you’re using Chrome just press the three dots next to the tab url and choose Request Desktop Site.

I imagine other browsers are similar

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:

One thing I don’t understand is how to switch back to mobile? It just keeps giving me the option to switch to desktop.

I usually just close the tab and open a new one.

Oh, and on Android assuming you’re using Chrome just press the three dots next to the tab url and choose Request Desktop Site.

I imagine other browsers are similar

I think that's what I used to do as well. Can't remember exactly, it's been a few years since I had an Apple device

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:Cheers Cloudy I learned something today. Recently switched from iPhone to android. Anyway it's a bit moot as I prob won't watch those clips until I'm back on my mac book. It's aesthetics though. Having blank posts just ain't pretty.

Soz for trying