Post a reply

Will Judd win the Triple Crown in 2019-2020?

Yes
11%
No
89%

Total votes : 18

Will Judd win the Triple Crown in 2019-2020?

Postby D4P

I am expecting Judd to win the Triple Crown in 2019/2020.

If you voted "No" in the poll, which Triple Crown event(s) do you think Judd will not win? Who do you think will win them instead?

UK:
Masters:
WSC:

Re: Will Judd win the Triple Crown in 2019-2020?

Postby TheRocket

My prediction is that he'll either win the UK or the Masters. If I had to bet I'd say Judd to win the UK and Ronnie to win the Masters. Just because Ronnie has always done well at the Masters historically and Judd I think will be determined to win all three Triple Crown titles in the same calender year which alone would be a great achievement for him.

The World Championship is just impossible to predict at this stage. Higgins who was in terrible form got to three consecutive World finals. Its just a completely different tournament to anything else.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:I think he will win the UK and hold them all at the same time.

He cannot win the 2020 WC

Same here. And we all know how the Crucible Curse works so its established he wont defend it.

Postby D4P

Dan-cat wrote:
D4P wrote:Interesting that some people are expecting Ronnie to win a Triple Crown event this year. As far as we know, he's not even planning to play in them.

I just don't buy that

Only time will tell, but he has skipped TC events in the past.

Plus, even though he doesn't seem to care that much about the record books, now that he holds the records for most UK, Masters, and Triple Crowns (with no realistic chance of even tying the record for most WSCs), he might very well feel as if there's no pressure to play in those events anymore unless he really wants to for reasons of his own.

Postby D4P

Dan-cat wrote:Well... money. £200k++ for a week or two's work is probably still is best way of earning money.

True, though he claims to not care about the money. I suppose his performance in Shanghai will probably have at least some influence on how much he decides to play after that...

Postby SnookerFan

He certainly CAN win them all. He's won them all before, and is playing the best snooker of his career.

Will he is a different question. I imagine if he wins the first two, the Crucible will have immense pressure. Especially considering the "Crucible Curse".

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Well... money. £200k++ for a week or two's work is probably still is best way of earning money.

True, though he claims to not care about the money. I suppose his performance in Shanghai will probably have at least some influence on how much he decides to play after that...

All ROS cares for is the money.

Nothing wrong with that BTW

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:I actually don't think Ronnie will win a TC event this season.

If that happens, it will be the first season he wont win any since 2011/2012!

Crazy when you think about it, he's been very consistent in the TC events, sadly not so much so at the biggest one.

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:

Crazy when you think about it, he's been very consistent in the TC events, sadly not so much so at the biggest one.

He's won 3 UKs and 3 Masters since he last won the WC. I'd rather he not have won those 6 titles, and have won 2 more WCs instead.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:

Yep, Ronnie has one a TC event in 8 consecutive seasons. The record is 9, held by Davis and Hendry.

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yep, Ronnie has one a TC event in 8 consecutive seasons. The record is 9, held by Davis and Hendry.

Would be great if he could at least tie that.

But yeah like Ash said, in those 6 titles since his 2013 World triumph, I'd rather he'd won 2 World Titles but not meant to be.
I'll be quite happy if he can win one last World Title and narrow the gap with Hendry.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:But yeah like Ash said, in those 6 titles since his 2013 World triumph, I'd rather he'd won 2 World Titles but not meant to be.

I wonder which Ronnie would prefer.

I tend to think he would prefer 7 UK, 7 Masters, 5 WSC over 4 UK, 4 Masters, 7 WSC. I'm inclined to consider the former to be "better" than the latter, but I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder...

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:But yeah like Ash said, in those 6 titles since his 2013 World triumph, I'd rather he'd won 2 World Titles but not meant to be.

I wonder which Ronnie would prefer.

I tend to think he would prefer 7 UK, 7 Masters, 5 WSC over 4 UK, 4 Masters, 7 WSC. I'm inclined to consider the former to be "better" than the latter, but I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder...

7 UKs and 7 Masters is an absolute dream of an achievment, never thought it possible, especially not with the UK. But you gotta say he needs to win at least one more World Title to narrow that gap. He doesnt have anything to prove, but lets say it would cement his legacy even more.

Postby Ace

There was a time when Ronnie had more WCs than UKs and Masters funnily enough, I remember he was mentally in a very good place just before 2014 WC and just the WCs mattered to him.

The ratio has changed drastically.

It used to be 4-4-5. Now it's 7-7-5.

I remember when it became 4-4-5, Ronnie was considered invincible in long format tournaments and the only way to beat him was short format. There was talk of how players wouldn't be able to hang with Ronnie in multi-session matches, rightfully so, 2012-2014 he had a 14 match streak at the WC until the Selby loss.

That's Hendry-esque level domination.

Now it's the complete opposite.

Postby Andre147

Players felt intimidated at The Crucible against him during that period, like you say, Hendry-esque type.

But then Mark Selby put an end to that and the rest is history. Never the same player there since then. I wonder if he had won that Final he could be sitting today with 7 or even 8 World Titles. But not meant to be.