Post a reply

Will Marco Fu drop outside the top 64 this season?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes : 22

Will Marco Fu drop outside the top 64 this season?

Postby Ash147

Marco Fu is currently at number 57 in the rankings. There are four players not far behind him who are still in the International Championship, making it possible for Marco Fu to be ranked at 61 after this tournament. He's very close to dropping outside the top 64 in the not to distant future. Do you think we'll see that happen, or will Fu be able to turn things around?

Re: Will Marco Fu drop outside the top 64 this season?

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

I'm not sure what his eyes are like now but he did qualify for last season's WGP (beating ROS in the first round) so his form couldn't have been that bad to be among the top 32 of the season. His drop down the rankings was down to losing his very strong 16/17 season and still having his awful 17/18 results on his ranking. He wont have much to defend from now on so I don't see him dropping much more and should still climbing again soon. Unless his eyes deteriorate again.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:One time. I saw a guy who looked a lot like Marco Fu walking around Croydon. It was late at night. I didn't have the bottle to ask if it was him.

Should have checked to see if he had a massive watch on

You're right.

I didn't think of that.

Postby Ash147

An update on Marco Fu watch, he has dropped down 2 places to number 59 in the rankings since this was created.

Another player who is really struggling as well is Michael White, who has fallen to number 54 in the rankings.

Postby Ash147

Perhaps I should have made this topic about Michael White instead. Since the beginning of the season he's dropped down 8 places, and is now ranked at 55. He's not qualified for the China Championship either, with a lot of players very close behind him who have qualified. Is this the beginning of the end for Michael White?

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:Perhaps I should have made this topic about Michael White instead. Since the beginning of the season he's dropped down 8 places, and is now ranked at 55. He's not qualified for the China Championship either, with a lot of players very close behind him who have qualified. Is this the beginning of the end for Michael White?

I’m probably more worried about him. Fu has at least had a very good career to look back on, whatever the future holds.

White is a very good player whose collapse has been baffling.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:And McGill

Aye, but for some reason I think McGill will be okay. Not sure about White.

McGill has a safety game far beyond anything I’ve seen from White. Something like that can get you through the tough times.

In fact, I’ve never actually seen White play well.

Postby Cloud Strife

Ash147 wrote:/Perhaps I should have made this topic about Michael White instead. Since the beginning of the season he's dropped down 8 places, and is now ranked at 55. He's not qualified for the China Championship either, with a lot of players very close behind him who have qualified. Is this the beginning of the end for Michael White?

Should have made it about Judd Trump instead.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:His current form does remind me a little of Chris Snall towards the end of his career

But Chris started his final season at 12th and dropped down to 41 by the end he lost all 9 matches that season.

his final pro Match was a 10-5 defeat to Shaun Murphy in the 2005 World Championship