Post a reply

Re: Snooker/Tennis News

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/selby-fan-simona-conquers-wimbledon/

Why is that news on the World Snooker website? rofl

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:It's reasonably noteworthy.

It's a bit; "Look, look. A tennis player knows who Selby is. Swoon."

The tennis lot should be boasting that Selby knows who she is.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:

I doubt any Tennis (only) fans know who Mark Selby is.

Postby vodkadiet1

Selby seems to have a thing for Romanian women tennis players. He also follows Sorana Cirstea on Twitter. I wonder how many signed balls he gave to her?!!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I doubt any Tennis (only) fans know who Mark Selby is.

So do I.

Despite the fact that he plays a far superior sport.

Postby SteveJJ

vodkadiet1 wrote:Selby seems to have a thing for Romanian women tennis players. He also follows Sorana Cirstea on Twitter. I wonder how many signed balls he gave to her?!!

Maybe thats why his form dipped last year. He couldn't practice properly as he only had 7 reds and 3 colours on his practice table.

I'm also sure that if 'the lovely Vicky' is worried about his thing for Romanian tennis players that Dennis Taylor will be happy to console her.

Postby vodkadiet1

Selby has stated he will take time out from snooker next year to coach The Romanian women's Fed Cup team.

Postby vodkadiet1

Cloud Strife wrote:Bring back Ilie Nastase.

I believe he got banned from Wimbledon for being as racist as Donald Trump.

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Snooker is a far more skilled and nuanced sport than tennis.

I like tennis but it can be very one dimensional.

Darts is the most nuanced sport.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Snooker is a far more skilled and nuanced sport than tennis.

Now I know you are joking but it is interesting how darts has thrived. I have no idea why it has not declined like snooker as most of the pubs with dartboards have gone the way of snooker halls.

I suppose you can buy your own board and have it at home cheaply and easily.

I don't know what I will do if my snooker hall closes.

Postby vodkadiet1

There is lots of variety in darts. Players can hit treble 20, treble 19. They can finish on double 20, double 16, double 8. You never know what will happen!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:Find another one?

bullocks Dan - I am attached to my snooker club.

It has a community and a friendly vibe.

It is home to the professionals - the European champion plays out of there. As does the oldest player to make a professional 147. As does the three times World Champion in the 2/5 format. As does the English Open Silver Medallist. And of course Leo 'His name is Leo' Fernandez.

I would be hugely upset if it shut.

Find another one indeed.

Man - you have no soul.

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

Now I know you are joking but it is interesting how darts has thrived. I have no idea why it has not declined like snooker as most of the pubs with dartboards have gone the way of snooker halls.

they have sexulised it and made it in to a sort of night club where people get snake hissed, they grope each other and its a night out whats happening on stage is irelivant for most part.

Postby vodkadiet1

Wildey wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

they have sexulised it and made it in to a sort of night club where people get snake hissed, they grope each other and its a night out whats happening on stage is irelivant for most part.

I guarantee about 95% of the audience at a British darts match support Brexit and support Donald Trump.

Postby Iranu

Jesus buck, Vodka. Give it a bucking rest.

At least Ash keeps his political opinions to dedicated threads (except the occasional instances of us derailing other threads...)

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

Oh OK they can keep that then.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

vodkadiet1 wrote:I guarantee about 95% of the audience at a British darts match support Brexit and support Donald Trump.

Don't know about the audience but most of the players would have voted brexit.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I suppose you can buy your own board and have it at home cheaply and easily.

I have a dart board at home that doesn't take up much room. I'd rather have a pool table but I've nowhere to put it. Plus even a second table costs more than a board.