Post a reply

Re: Top 5 players without a ranking win

Postby lhpirnie

To be fair to DC, his article was mainly about players who are overdue a ranking win. There are several players ranked higher than some of his 5, but they are mostly young players. DC's selections are 'popular', in that they are well-known faces on TV. Sometimes journalists have to play it safe to keep their audiences onside!

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:To be fair to DC, his article was mainly about players who are overdue a ranking win. There are several players ranked higher than some of his 5, but they are mostly young players. DC's selections are 'popular', in that they are well-known faces on TV. Sometimes journalists have to play it safe to keep their audiences onside!

:goodpost:

Postby Wildey

lhpirnie wrote:To be fair to DC, his article was mainly about players who are overdue a ranking win. There are several players ranked higher than some of his 5, but they are mostly young players. DC's selections are 'popular', in that they are well-known faces on TV. Sometimes journalists have to play it safe to keep their audiences onside!

yea but Milkins and Holt are players i would say they have gone as far as they can milkins hasent even won a PTC.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Milkins should really have won a ranker. Very talented player.

I don't know any other player who's been in 6 Semi-finals, and not won anything.

Postby Wildey

Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Milkins should really have won a ranker. Very talented player.

I don't know any other player who's been in 6 Semi-finals, and not won anything.

Andy Hicks

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Andy Hicks

:hatoff:

Of which included the WC and the Masters.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:rofl

Mr. Wild drops some knowledge.

This would also make a great album title.

I’m picturing a spoken word album of Wild reading the Greatest Hits of his rants and raves.

Maybe that’s how we can fund the site. I’d buy it.

Postby Wildey

Andy Hicks has by far got the best CV of players whos never won anything with Semis in World, UK and Masters but hes a strange one everything good that happened for him was between 1993 and 1997 his last match in the masters was a 5-4 defeat to Darren Morgan in 1998 he only played there twice and he last qualified for the crucible in 2007 having won only one match there after he made the semi final in 1995 and that was the infamous match with Quinten Hann in 2004.

Postby SteveJJ

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:rofl

Mr. Wild drops some knowledge.

This would also make a great album title.

I’m picturing a spoken word album of Wild reading the Greatest Hits of his rants and raves.

Maybe that’s how we can fund the site. I’d buy it.

First track would definitely be called Shootout!

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Joe Swail

10 semis including 2 in the WC.

Best never to win one.

Joe Swail has actually won a minor ranking event back in 1992

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:

Best never to win one.

Holt won a couple of PTCs didn’t he? So if we’re going by the article’s criteria Swail would still count.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Best never to win one.

Holt won a couple of PTCs didn’t he? So if we’re going by the article’s criteria Swail would still count.

Holt is not in my criteria anyway