Post a reply

A session reminiscent of the old days

Postby Sickpotter

Well I got out for a session and low and behold my old game more or less appeared for the first time in ages. It tends to come and go these days due to a severe lack of practice but I managed to get 3 days of play in a row (3 hrs each day) and saw the benefits of that today. :excited:

To be honest I wasn't sure just practice would return my form and I certainly wouldn't have expected to see it so quickly. I've been getting an hour here and there in for months and got pretty much the results I expected. The odd ton here and there but virtually no consistency. Oddly enough 9 hrs of play in 3 days seems to have returned a large portion of my game. :huh2:

I played two best of 7's today at $100 + table time each. Won both 4-0 averaging less than 10 min per frame. I ran 50+ breaks in every frame of the first set and then stepped it up a notch in the second. Started with a 107, followed with a 135 and then 2 breaks over 70. :idea:

I knew I could still play like that but thought I'd be punching at balls for months to see that kind of consistency in a session. :ahh:

Here's hoping I can stay with it :mosh2:

Re: A session reminiscent of the old days

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

sickpotter wrote:Well I got out for a session and low and behold my old game more or less appeared for the first time in ages. It tends to come and go these days due to a severe lack of practice but I managed to get 3 days of play in a row (3 hrs each day) and saw the benefits of that today. :excited:

To be honest I wasn't sure just practice would return my form and I certainly wouldn't have expected to see it so quickly. I've been getting an hour here and there in for months and got pretty much the results I expected. The odd ton here and there but virtually no consistency. Oddly enough 9 hrs of play in 3 days seems to have returned a large portion of my game. :huh2:

I played two best of 7's today at $100 + table time each. Won both 4-0 averaging less than 10 min per frame. I ran 50+ breaks in every frame of the first set and then stepped it up a notch in the second. Started with a 107, followed with a 135 and then 2 breaks over 70. :idea:

I knew I could still play like that but thought I'd be punching at balls for months to see that kind of consistency in a session. :ahh:

Here's hoping I can stay with it :mosh2:

Let this site know when your over this side of the water next, Please.

Postby Roland

Sick really needs to get his bottom over to these shores once Hearn has announced what he's going to do because there are bound to be some events he can enter. I think he'll do pretty well in them too.

Postby Sickpotter

It's always about money :roll:

If there was a chance to make it over for an event and the trip would cost me less than 3k I'd do my best to make it over.

Exchange rate adds another 50% so I think I'd be hard pressed to make the trip this year. My trip for this year is Vegas but with a little luck it might just subsidize another trip ;)

Postby Eirebilly

Yep you definately have to get over here sickpotter <ok> .

I actually have the opposite effect sometimes, when i practice too much my matchplay goes down hill. I practice loads now as i have my own table but it does affect me greatly when i go to a competition. I have a very steady average score but i cannot seem to knock in telling breaks.

The highest breaks that i have made is when i have been away from the table for a few days. :chin: