57%
China Open
No votes
World Championship
14%

Total votes : 14

Re: Favourite tournament of the 2018/19 season

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:Coral Tour Championship.

Great format, great venue, atmosphere and great tables. :hatoff:

BTW, the Crucible is a horrible location. Too cramped for my liking.

I'd have made the Tour Championship longer and televised every match.

You're the first person I've ever spoken to who has been to The Crucible and not liked it.

Postby gallantrabbit

Oh The Worlds by a country mile. Seeing Judd Trump take the game to a new level where he took on quarter chnces and cleared up time and time again in the most important situations. And I went to the venue.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Oh The Worlds by a country mile. Seeing Judd Trump take the game to a new level where he took on quarter chnces and cleared up time and time again in the most important situations. And I went to the venue.

Was it your first time?

Postby TheRocket

Voted for the Tour Championship. People might think its only because Ronnie won but its not.

I genuinely think the standard at the Tour Championship was the best we've seen in the 18/19 season. It also had a lot of drama.

The Selby-Robertson and ROS-Trump match were absolutely crazy and easily in the Top5 of the two of the best two session matches I've ever seen.

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:Voted for the Tour Championship. People might think its only because Ronnie won but its not.

I genuinely think the standard at the Tour Championship was the best we've seen in the 18/19 season. It also had a lot of drama.

The Selby-Robertson and ROS-Trump match were absolutely crazy and easily in the Top5 of the two of the best two session matches I've ever seen.

A lot of people seem to have voted for the TC. I thought both the format and standard of play in that tournament was fantastic. I voted for the WC, but this was a very close second.

Postby TheRocket

Ash147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Voted for the Tour Championship. People might think its only because Ronnie won but its not.

A lot of people seem to have voted for the TC. I thought both the format and standard of play in that tournament was fantastic. I voted for the WC, but this was a very close second.

To be fair apart from the final the WC was pretty disapointing imo. I know we had a lot centuries but if you look back you've got to say many topplayers did underperform. Thats why we had the likes of Gilbert and Gary Wilson in the semis. You probably remember the poll you've made before the World final and most people here voted for 2019 as being the worst World Championship.

But at least we had a great final and without a doubt a fantastic display of the World Champion.

Postby Ash147

TheRocket wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

To be fair apart from the final the WC was pretty disapointing imo. I know we had a lot centuries but if you look back you've got to say many topplayers did underperform. Thats why we had the likes of Gilbert and Gary Wilson in the semis. You probably remember the poll you've made before the World final and most people here voted for 2019 as being the worst World Championship.

But at least we had a great final and without a doubt a fantastic display of the World Champion.

The only good thing about the WC was that Judd won it in the way that he did. If anyone else would have won it, I wouldn't have voted for it. Like you say, the overall standard was one of the poorest that I've seen.

Postby Ck147

TC was good, my favourite of the season, but agree with SF the televising of the matches wasn't good, hopefully they work on that for next time.

Postby Ck147

Totally agree. Some of the best matches I've seen in recent years. Was planning to go to this one for birthday treat but work course scuppered my plans :(

Postby TheSaviour

it was WC. Judd Trump´s potting was such a rampant.

It´s like back in the days, when Leonardo Da Vinci, the Tuscan-born Renaissance man, produced ground-breaking artistic, scientific and medical studies.

Usually people eye something as a intelligent and creative when just anyone doing something akward. Then that it "special" and so on... Can´t quite see it like that. That´s just pathetic. Even the money doesn´t quite do it to me.

But that was a rampant medium-range potting as far I could saw it. And a very stylish one. And no any colour mentioned, no? Shouldn´t all the people just to admit they would vanish either way?

All the kids growing up just doing something new and akward and then getting the reward lol. <doh>

Judd - pathetic.