Will Judd have a great season?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes : 6

Judd 2019/20

Postby Badsnookerplayer

So the Ace in the Pack has thrown the monkey off his back and won the WC.

If his account is to be believed, he practised like never before and reaped the rewards with the Masters and the big one.

So will Judd keep his newfound work ethic and build on his success or will he have been partying hard and spunk his undoubted talent again?

Re: Judd 2019/20

Postby Wildey

Judd Trump has never been consistent even last season he had some really poor showings so i cant think that will change so answer to this question is god knows

Postby SnookerFan

Remember that time that Steve Davis seemed surprised that Judd practices "even when there aren't tournaments on"?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:Can you define "great season"...?

One major + one other ranker would be good.
Anything above that is great IMO.

Postby TheSaviour

One of the reds were akwardly positioned and yet still I managed to pot it.

rofl rofl

The opponents the likes of Graeme Dott, Martin Gould and Tian Pengfei possessing an array of great dishes prepared from hand-me-down recipes. The Mozambique-style beef is incredible.

Or how about wine produced from Sir Cliff Richard´s Algarve estate. With a rich, spicy bouquet, this red sings of young berry fruit.

THE FAR EAST / SOUTHERN-ASIAN SUPREMACY

Everything cooked for what seemed like far, far too long - and served at room temperature. But once I´d stopped looking and started tasting, I quickly forgot everything I´d learned and realized that received culinary wisdom isn´t always universal. The king of meat dishes, the mighty Rendang, would count as an irredeemably overcooked beef stew. Bakar, kukus, goreng, rebus, nasi tumpeng. All served in "restos", high-end chinese style restaurants, and all prepared from hand-me-down recipes. And suddenly someone will casually say anyone want to eat mie ayam. Chilis, peanuts, potatoes - Columbian connection. All prepared from hand-me-down recipes.

And how all this has something to do with Jimmy White? That, I reckon, still is a question that always needs to be asked.

2 May 1962 - Jimmy White borns.
7 May 2011 - Jimmy White reads a book.
11 May 2019 - Jimmy White finds a Page Down - button from the keyboard.

rofl

Yes, Judd Trump can have a nice season. Ronnie O´Sullivan will be there with a flat break-building. Mark Williams will be there with a "my long potting was awful, my safety was awful, my break-building was awful, my concentration was awful - analyses". What ever that means. And the fans are so scared when someone is said of having no bottle and even while it is so obviously the truth and the nothing but the truth. ??. Mark Selby will be there playing the Ronnie O´Sullivan´s snooker without any spins or cue power. Matthew Stevens will be there. Ding Junhui will be there. Cahill will be there with a flair break-building. Un-Nooh will be there without much any flaws and all the dishes prepared from hand-me-down recipes. Tom Ford won´t be there if it comes down to just the luck. Kelckers won´t be there beacuse he failed to qualify. Neil Robertson will be there because he has ambition.

The slowest of all. Lot´s of upcoming seminaries and classes. To figure out just something. And something sooner or later is everything. The slowest of them all. No word. No spins. Just the clothing and the THE FAR EAST / SOUTHERN-ASIAN SUPREMACY

But I am still hoping the next really, really cracking player will be from NIgertia. The next Ronnie O´Sullivan will be from Nigeria. Mark my words lol. And goes without saying, all the dishes prepared from hand-me-down recipes.

Chef Dieter Koschina´s inventive take on traditional Portuguese cuisine uses Northern European techniques. Has Sousa also found that Page Down - button from the keyboard? If so, even I would be scared.

Postby Iranu

TheSaviour wrote:One of the reds were akwardly positioned and yet still I managed to pot it.

rofl rofl

rofl

Classic

Postby Ash147

I think Judd will definitely be one of the dominant players this season. How much he dominates depends on whether Ronnie plays in as few events as he's said.

Postby Dan-cat

TheSaviour wrote:...

Yes, Judd Trump can have a nice season.’

Chef Dieter Koschina´s inventive take on traditional Portuguese cuisine uses Northern European techniques. Has Sousa also found that Page Down - button from the keyboard? If so, even I would be scared.

+1

Postby Alex0paul

Two rankers at worst

Postby SnookerFan

Hector Nunns; "James Cahill – The tag of ‘first amateur at the Crucible’ was always slightly misleading, as a former and soon-to-be pro. The sensational shock victory over Ronnie O’Sullivan shows he loves the big stage, and if he can carry that same swagger back onto the tour and maintain the dedication and commitment occasionally lacking in his first stint as a pro, he could do some more damage."

I agree with this. Yes, it was a huge upset that he beat Ronnie. But I saw some of the newspapers calling him a club player. That's nonsense. He had previously been on the tour, and held wins over Selby and Ding. The way some in the media went on, you'd have thought he was just some guy who was having a few pints somewhere, and decided to enter The Crucible.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:The way some in the media went on, you'd have thought he was just some guy who was having a few pints somewhere, and decided to enter The Crucible.

That’s the fella who beat him in the next round.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:The way some in the media went on, you'd have thought he was just some guy who was having a few pints somewhere, and decided to enter The Crucible.

That’s the fella who beat him in the next round.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:Hector Nunns; "James Cahill – The tag of ‘first amateur at the Crucible’ was always slightly misleading, as a former and soon-to-be pro. The sensational shock victory over Ronnie O’Sullivan shows he loves the big stage, and if he can carry that same swagger back onto the tour and maintain the dedication and commitment occasionally lacking in his first stint as a pro, he could do some more damage."

I agree with this. Yes, it was a huge upset that he beat Ronnie. But I saw some of the newspapers calling him a club player. That's nonsense. He had previously been on the tour, and held wins over Selby and Ding. The way some in the media went on, you'd have thought he was just some guy who was having a few pints somewhere, and decided to enter The Crucible.

I know that is exactly how they made it sound. Even my stepdad mentioned it (he doesn't follow snooker) as it made the mainstream news and he said 'I see that amateur beat Ronnie! Is he the new guy on the block now?' as if he was now going to take over Ronnie's mantle hahahaha

Postby Ace

Yes he will he's going to be the first player to defend the WC from winning it after their first and he'll win another triple crown event and maybe 2 more ranking tournaments.

What Ronnie failed to do in his 30 year career (and still on 5 world champs and took him 30 years to reach Hendry's ranking record) - Judd will dominate.

Postby Ace

SnookerFan wrote:But the real question is; Is Ronnie scared of Judd?

I see you are still triggered LOL

of course he is. Ronnie's an old man. Judd is young. Time to put Ronnie on a retirement home and Judd will be the one to do that.

Have you heard of the concept "tanking" in sports? It's basically when a player is scared to play another player, so they will play crap and lose a match to avoid that said player, bet your house Ronnie will be doing this vs Judd from now on.

Judd isn't Shaun Murphy. Ronnie's played weak competition all the time. I mean he's still yet to beat Selby in a ranking final and we're 11 years past 2008!!!

Postby Ace

Lemnas wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/world-snooker-tour-2019-20-experts-predictions/
I don't think his season will be that good.

What? Look how many people picked Judd there.

I don't even see Ronnie being mentioned anywhere.

Postby Iranu

Ace wrote:

of course he is. Ronnie's an old man. Judd is young. Time to put Ronnie on a retirement home and Judd will be the one to do that.

Have you heard of the concept "tanking" in sports? It's basically when a player is scared to play another player, so they will play crap and lose a match to avoid that said player, bet your house Ronnie will be doing this vs Judd from now on.

Judd isn't Shaun Murphy. Ronnie's played weak competition all the time. I mean he's still yet to beat Selby in a ranking final and we're 11 years past 2008!!!

You are hilarious, I’ll give you that.

Postby Ace

Iranu wrote:
Ace wrote:

I stated facts.

Postby Ace

Come on big boy Iranu, answer me this, you got what it takes to challenge me? Then do it

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8800
Last edited by Ace on 25 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

Yes. Ronnie has played weak competition all the time.

Remind me, who did Ronnie beat in his first world final?

And, um, who did Judd beat again?

Postby Ace

Iranu wrote:Yes. Ronnie has played weak competition all the time.

Remind me, who did Ronnie beat in his first world final?

And, um, who did Judd beat again?

2001 Higgins didn't even score as well as 2019 Higgins who was a better version fhiggins than the one in 2001 and even if you want to use that that doesn't excuse Dott/Carter/Carter/Hawkins, literally who?

Ronnie only has a good head to head against the likes of his pigeons.

Postby Iranu

rofl what do you mean “literally who?” You ‘literally’ just named them.

This is gold rofl please continue explaining how Judd is a better player than Ronnie.

Postby Ace

Iranu wrote:rofl what do you mean “literally who?” You ‘literally’ just named them.

This is gold rofl please continue explaining how Judd is a better player than Ronnie.

11 years and still hasn't beaten Selby in a ranking event final lol

While Judd has.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
Ace wrote:

Yeah, Iranu.

Stop being so triggered.

Postby Ace

Amount of abuse I get here just wait until the season properly starts.

MARK MY WORDS I WILL BE HERE TO BUMP EVERY ONE OF THESE THREADS AND MOCK ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO LAUGHED AT ME

Postby Lemnas

Ace wrote:
Lemnas wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/world-snooker-tour-2019-20-experts-predictions/
I don't think his season will be that good.

What? Look how many people picked Judd there.

I don't even see Ronnie being mentioned anywhere.

Do you know what a prediction is? I PERSONALLY don't think Judd will have a good season, the experts in the article I posted think he will.