Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Qualifying !!!

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
D4P wrote:There will certainly be less incentive to go for a maximum now, given that there's no longer any guaranteed prize money for making one

Doubtful, they will be tryin for the 20!

Hope not that would make it farcical

Postby Lemnas

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Some mouth watering matches tonight.

Bond vs Fergal is probably the pick

Bond won 6-2. The fact that he is still competitive makes the special treatment for some other senior players look even worse.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:I just realised that I agreed to be away the weekend of the second semi-final and final of the International Championships.

That's bastard typical, isn't it? First proper snooker of the season, and I'm casualling it.

#careless

#CasualFan

#Brecelery

Postby Cloud Strife

HappyCamper wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:How come the tournament threads for the new season are in the 'General Discussion' section?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=8766

That's a shame. Perhaps dan-cat can have a word with Roland on twitter again? You never know, it managed to get things resolved in the past.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:How come the tournament threads for the new season are in the 'General Discussion' section?

and rolands response has been consistent.

Cant be fussed

That's his prerogative, but the forum really does need to fall into the hands of someone who cares about it.

I think a change of ownership could be the way to go. Personally speaking, I would be more than willing to put my hands in my pocket and chuck a few quid into a pot if somebody is willing to approach Roland and make him an offer he can't refuse?

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

That's a shame. Perhaps dan-cat can have a word with Roland on twitter again? You never know, it managed to get things resolved in the past.

seriously i wouldnt he is at a cross roads and hes in to tour de france and was snake hissed off mark cavandish was not selected and if nadal doesent win wimbledon he might shut this place for ever.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Cant be fussed

That's his prerogative, but the forum really does need to fall into the hands of someone who cares about it.

I think a change of ownership could be the way to go. Personally speaking, I would be more than willing to put my hands in my pocket and chuck a few quid into a pot if somebody is willing to approach Roland and make him an offer he can't refuse?

ill aproach him ill be honest ive got massive expense coming up so i cant afford to help out financially myselff

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Cant be fussed

ill aproach him ill be honest ive got massive expense coming up so i cant afford to help out financially myselff

Well, money won't be an issue if it comes to that, unless the asking price is completely unreasonable.

But first things first, we need a figurehead for this potential takeover (or fakeover). Someone who is willing to put the feelers out there, firstly to gauge if Roland is open to selling or ceding ownership of the site in the first place, secondly negotiating the terms of a potential takeover, and thirdly taking the reigns of control and everything that comes with it. Anyone here willing to be that person?

Obviously, it will have to someone who is on friendly terms with Roland, so I was thinking you or dan-cat could be the person for this.

Postby Wildey

ok Roland has come back at me he doesent know how much it is worth or anything.

his cousin who is also a admin and him are not on speaking terms at the moment any take over will have to go through him.

roland will set up a forum during the next few days

Postby SnookerFan

Let's not forget that this site that Roland created has been fantastic, for all of us. It's meant something to me for close to a decade, and I know there are others on here who feel the same way.

If he's not interested any more, that's completely his right. Bare in mind he's put his own money into creating and sustaining this for ten years. So, he doesn't owe any of us anything. I, for one, am grateful for what he has done.

It would be a shame if this community died however. And if he wants to hand it over, maybe that's something we can discuss. It might need somebody who is good at the techy stuff of running a forum. Which would rule me out. If there's a financial aspect towards it, I think it's something that could be discussed. Obviously, as Cloud says, it's dependent on how much money is involved and how regular the payments are. So, obviously not committing as yet. But, if that was the way it had to go, I'd suggest opening to the forum to discuss whether it was viable or not before just closing it down.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:just made a quick head count since first of june 137 members has been active on here theres hardly been any snooker during that time.

It's a decent forum. People are attracted to that.

You've worked hard too, Wild. You've been a mod for most of the time the forum has been up.