Post a reply

The King is Dead - Long Live the King

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Barry Hearn's quote - ‘This will be the 17th time Ronnie has retired and maybe it is the real one, who knows Judd Trump rules the world now, the King is dead, long live the King.'

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahahahahahahaha....................

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/30/barry-he ... g-9748782/

Re: The King is Dead - Long Live the King

Postby SnookerFan

As usual, Barry Hearn has overstated with his "Judd is the new king" cobblers.

Judd hit form towards the tail end of the season, and was a worthy World Champion. But obviously saying he's now overtaken Ronnie is premature.

Saying that, I agree with Hearn's stance. If Ronnie wants to retire, then he can retire. We can't expect the chairman of World Snooker to grovel on his knees asking Ronnie to come back. Ronnie is the most popular player, but he won't play for ever. The game will have to move on without him at some point. That point may be now, it may be in ten years. It may be whenever. But whenever it does happen, the chairmen will just have to carry on promoting the sport without him.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:As usual, Barry Hearn has overstated with his "Judd is the new king" cobblers.

Judd hit form towards the tail end of the season, and was a worthy World Champion. But obviously saying he's now overtaken Ronnie is premature.

Saying that, I agree with Hearn's stance. If Ronnie wants to retire, then he can retire. We can't expect the chairman of World Snooker to grovel on his knees asking Ronnie to come back. Ronnie is the most popular player, but he won't play for ever. The game will have to move on without him at some point. That point may be now, it may be in ten years. It may be whenever. But whenever it does happen, the chairmen will just have to carry on promoting the sport without him.

Hearn is in his 70's now. He is closer to dying than ROS is to losing his mantle as snooker's most popular player. :mosh:

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:HoHoHoHo...........

Hahahahahaha.................

Matthew Selt has defeated Jimmy Robertson. That's what you get for being mean to Ronnie...

PS: Mark Davis lost as well...

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:

Matthew Selt has defeated Jimmy Robertson. That's what you get for being mean to Ronnie...

Oh ffs!!

I suppose that is karma. I will reflect upon my behaviour and try to be nicer in the future.

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:

Oh ffs!!

I suppose that is karma. I will reflect upon my behaviour and try to be nicer in the future.

Yes, take some time to reflect on what you've done and how you might become a better person based on this experience.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:

Oh ffs!!

Yes, take some time to reflect on what you've done and how you might become a better person based on this experience.

bullocks

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:Hearn is in his 70's now. He is closer to dying than ROS is to losing his mantle as snooker's most popular player. :mosh:

Who said Ronnie was going to lose his popularity?

All I was saying was he isn't going to play forever. We can't decide to cancel snooker after Ronnie retires, however much some people seem to think we should.

Postby Ace

SnookerFan wrote:As usual, Barry Hearn has overstated with his "Judd is the new king" cobblers.

No Barry is right, you clearly didn't see the final. Judd has taken the game to a new level.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Hearn is in his 70's now. He is closer to dying than ROS is to losing his mantle as snooker's most popular player. :mosh:

Who said Ronnie was going to lose his popularity?

All I was saying was he isn't going to play forever. We can't decide to cancel snooker after Ronnie retires, however much some people seem to think we should.

He's got at least 2 more years at the top of the game, and another 5 where he'll still be a top 10 player.
After that, he'll probably retire.
And nobody said that we should close shop when ROS retires, my point was that ROS has more years left to play than Hearn has to live.
ROS can play for another decade, Hearn will be dead by that time.

Postby TheSaviour

The people can only see Ronnie O´Sullivan´s strengths and none weaknesses. That´s only because he has won so much. And because they diagnose such thing as a gambling addiction. The sport of snooker is also kind of a gambling, and when mainly just winning much they can only see the positive sides anymore. That´s because how they diagnoses it, they say that the losses causes anger and agressions towards other people. And when just winning, that´s just 100% love then.

I always say that I am a human. I am not a cheap. I suppose it could work with Barry Hearn also. He could say that he´s not cheap. He is a human.

Most of the people down to just saying they don´t posses any strengths anymore. That´s because of the winning stories they have been making about the winners. It´s not about enviness at all, just down to the diagnosing a gambling addiction and those winning stories.

See, many of the players, including almost all the Chinese big names, "crashed out" during the latest Shoot-Out. Why on earth to reveal how little solidness they are having?? That´s what they exactly did. Going for it, taking on the most flamboyant shots that just possibly can, and there´s your reveal. Because they do miss those shots more often than should. The solidness is everything when picking up a cue. Sam Baird has been incredible poor since the latest Shoot-Out. And many other also did just that. Also Rod Lawler. He´s just akward person enough that it could actually work for his flavour. Not seeing it that much likely but even possibly could. But Sam Baird just needs to figure out a new, more solid and consistent way to approach the game. He´s not having much prospects, if even any, tonight against Mark Selby. Should be a very, very one-sided break-building contest. Vahedi has been playing well, but he´s just awesome long-potter. He could have a shout against Mark Selby also. But he´s playing against Peter Ebdon now, if I remember it correct.

Vahedi is a great character and almost all the fans actually are big fan of players like him. It is against all the wrong-doing on this planet. Vahedi´s just great, great lad. And luckily he´s a more than a decent player also. Can do some damage. But probably just some lol.

Kasper has a great aiming system. It kind of a opens up everything to him.

Just saying there´s just so much other great things and great players going on out there than what does winning and rivalries-stories would suggest. Just need to pick it up. Obviously has been just more than a sad about what has happened to the likes of Sam Baird, Pengfei, Anda Zhang, Li Hang, Stuart Bingham, Mark Williams, Martin Gould and so on... Still a massive fans of the Chinese players as a whole! I for the first time was able to foresee as a clear vision the next winning numbers which regards one number-gambling I am into! Means that I can take an adavantage and probably even pack in this more tough life I am into now.

But if this toughness and a tough life is the only reasonable way to get out, then that´s what they are probably going to carry on... Sadly so. But still. What would be the options? Americano?

Still, just keep it coming. We could still do with all kind of people. I am just saying the Chinese, Cahill and Vahedi are truly great also. Just a bit unlucky phase just currently. Not Cahill or Vahedi, but many Chinese. Cahill just kept on from where he left against Ronnie O´Sullivan and completely destroyed Jimmy White. Who should had a great prospects against almost anyone other than Cahill. The looks are everthing when picking up a cue. The solidness and the looks... Don´t be looking like police officer and you already half way there.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Probably a correct prediction Johhny but you would feel silly in ten years if ROS was dead and Hearn was WN1.

pmsl rofl rofl rofl

I'm more likely to be WN1 than Hearn will ever be. <cool> :-D