Post a reply

Utopia Strong: Steve 'Nugget' Davis' new band and album

Postby Dan-cat

In a logical step in his thriving musical career The Nugget has formed a band (Utopia Strong) and made an album with band mates Kavus Torabi and Mike York, and the first release is pretty damn good.

'Prog guitarist Kavus Torabi and former snooker player Steve Davis have teamed up with Michael J. York to form The Utopia Strong, and have released this storming debut single https://tquiet.us/Utopia'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG02P9j406I

Re: Utopia Strong: Steve 'Nugget' Davis' new band and album

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:That was very good, but I’ve heard better from Davis. I actually really rate him.

This is the first thing he's made, unless you are referring to Snooker Loopy and the Romford Rap.

Well, who doesn't rate the Romford Rap highly?

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:That was very good, but I’ve heard better from Davis. I actually really rate him.

This is the first thing he's made, unless you are referring to Snooker Loopy and the Romford Rap.

Anyone who has been born.

Postby HappyCamper

Dan-cat wrote:

Maybe he's seen Davis DJing.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Anyone who has been born.

rofl rofl

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:

I’ve heard Davis DJing before, but can’t find it online. Unless what he was spinning wasn’t his own material.

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

I’ve heard Davis DJing before, but can’t find it online. Unless what he was spinning wasn’t his own material.

DJing is usually spinning others' material.

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

DJing is usually spinning others' material.

I see. I’m no expert on the electronic genre (is that even what it’s called). Even though I do dip in occasionally and have often loved what I’ve heard. I suppose some of the stuff I’ve listened to would be relatively mainstream: Tge Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, Orbital, The Orb, Underworld.

Have you got any music I should sink my teeth into, Dan?