Post a reply

Mark Allen

Postby Iranu

Has joined SightRight.

Be interesting to see how he does this season. 2018 was his best calendar year by a distance.

Re: Mark Allen

Postby HappyCamper

Lol. Does everyone who criticises Feeney and SightRight eventually end up in bed with him?

Postby Ash147

HappyCamper wrote:Lol. Does everyone who criticises Feeney and SightRight eventually end up in bed with him?

It's like the ugly bird that no one wants to date, eventually desperation kicks in.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I admire Feeney as he certainly seems to have sold his system well. It is hard to tell if it works but as he has several top players then some are bound to improve.
I think I am still leaning towards the placebo effect.

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I admire Feeney as he certainly seems to have sold his system well. It is hard to tell if it works but as he has several top players then some are bound to improve.

I don't think it's helped Ronnie's game, in fact I thought he was better during 2017-18 before he joined SightRight. I think it just gave Mark Williams a kick up the backside, and because he saw results in practice it motivated him. His game has always been there.

I doubt it will improve Allen's game either, it's hard to top how he played in 2018. He just seems to have gone through a small bad patch at the moment, so I think he's just latched onto SightRight as a means to get out of that more than anything.
Last edited by Ash147 on 07 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I admire Feeney as he certainly seems to have sold his system well. It is hard to tell if it works but as he has several top players then some are bound to improve.

You've learnt about it have you?

Tell us all about it

Oh wait

hang on

u haven't a scooby have u

:-D

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:

Tell us all about it

Oh wait

hang on

Not very nice DC.
But you are right I don't know everything (hence the'I think') so please do feel free to enlighten us.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:

I don't think it's helped Ronnie's game, in fact I thought he was better during 2017-18 before he joined SightRight. I think it just gave Mark Williams a kick up the backside, and because he saw results in practice it motivated him. His game has always been there.

I doubt it will improve Allen's game either, it's hard to top how he played in 2018. He just seems to have gone through a small bad patch at the moment, so I think he's just latched onto SightRight as a means to get out of that more than anything.

I guess he also wants a replacement for the Griff since he won’t be travelling anymore.

Postby vodkadiet1

Iranu wrote:Has joined SightRight.

Be interesting to see how he does this season. 2018 was his best calendar year by a distance.

What happened to The Sniper Cue?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Tell us all about it

Oh wait

hang on

Not very nice DC.
But you are right I don't know everything (hence the'I think') so please do feel free to enlighten us.

Drums fingers...

Postby TheSaviour

Iranu wrote:Has joined SightRight.

Maybe so, but he also started to lose his status as a genuine contender to dominate the game. Mainly Judd Trump, and perhaps even a few other players just played way too good stuff to him. And in 2019 it just got worse to him. Still he´s eccerentic yet solid enough ball potter of having a year you mentioned!

Enjoy bean soup, ravioli, grills and casserole dishes. An elegant man, Mark Allen, specializing in steaks with a wide choice of sauces.

Mark Allen is like some Panagia´s Souvenir Market; dazzles with array of brightly painted pottery, bread trays and cane baskets. Sells also some stout shoes. Offers also strong coctails and free popcorn nibbles. If we only could be having some footage of him lately practicing... Could be usefull to see if his sighting is still as strong as it used to be...

We will be approaching you only with a letter or a few, that´s the way it is fair towards everyone. Could be that we will once again about to approach you with a letter now! At least then it is not a sneak-attack of an any kind. We could do with some of your money. Fair enough. No sneak-attacks.

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Tell us all about it

Oh wait

hang on

Not very nice DC.

Weeeelllll Baddy I know very little about the system. How can you judge something without knowing anything about it?

Postby Iranu

What difference does it make whether or not it’s a placebo effect?

If it works, it works. That’s kind of the whole point of a placebo.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:What difference does it make whether or not it’s a placebo effect?

I don't see it as a permanent solution.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Tell us all about it

Oh wait

hang on

Not very nice DC.

Weeeelllll Baddy I know very little about the system. How can you judge something without knowing anything about it?

Well to be fair, you have judged my knowledge of SightRight without knowing anything about it so what's good for the goose...

:hatoff:

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:

Why’s that?

Postby Dan-cat

The little I do know is this. A few tournaments ago Ronnie needed a black for a frame and it was an acute angle into the middle. A shot you simply wouldn’t take on. He went for it and got it.

Afterwards in the interview he said ‘before Sightright I would never have taken that on.’

So there is something different technically about the sighting system that works.

Postby SnookerFan

I never really got all the controversy about this.

If it's available to all players, they can judge individually whether it would work for them.

Why do so many people who are not on it bash it so much? And why do so many people who are so critical of it, end up using it?

If it's not something a player is interested in using, why not just leave it to the people who do?

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I never bashed it in my post! :grrr:

I wasn't talking about you.

I meant the players. Weren't Mark Allen quite critical of it before he joined? And Mark Williams?

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Why’s that?

It appears to work for a short amount of time, because a lot of players have stopped working with SightRight after a short while.

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:Perhaps they learned the system and no longer need the coaching?

Perhaps. Didn't Bingham basically call it a crock of rubbish though?

Postby Dan-cat

Ash147 wrote:

Yeah. He won the world title after working with it so...

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Yeah. He won the world title after working with it so...

Him and Mark Williams both. Maybe there is something to SightRight. Honestly I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to this. :shrug:

Postby Iranu

I doubt it works for everyone, I don’t think any coaching does.

Griffiths is one of the nest coaches in the game if you believe what people say, but he hasn’t done much for Ding’s success in the last couple of years.

I think any coaching has an element of placebo effect in that the player has to buy into the process in order for it to really work. Perhaps the players who tried it and left weren’t convinced by it, or like Dan said felt they got what they needed out of it.

I imagine it’s quite an expensive thing to sign on to so may not be sustainable for lower ranked players to do over a long period unless their success improves noticeably early on.

Postby Ash147

I suppose it's a bit like Ronnie with Steve Peters. That helped him massively from 2011-2014, but since then he doesn't seem to have had the same effect.

Postby HappyCamper

Ash147 wrote:

Not exactly. He was happy to sing its praises when he was with them. Then changed his tune after his falling out with Feeney - and started to downplay it's significance.

Postby Dan-cat

Ash147 wrote:I suppose it's a bit like Ronnie with Steve Peters. That helped him massively from 2011-2014, but since then he doesn't seem to have had the same effect.

Well he was with him during his Tour champs win this year.

A lot of what Steve teaches - the chimp management stuff - Ronnie will have learnt inside out in the first few months, but it's easy to slip back into old ways.