Topic locked

Premier League 2010: Week 2 (Plymouth)

Postby Bourne

Week 2 of the 2010 Premier League moves along the south-coast of England to the Plymouth Pavilions on September 16 with two players making their first appearances at this season's tournament. Shaun Murphy leads the event after one week following his win over Ding Junhui on September 2.

Live coverage will be on SkySports2 and SkySportsHD2.

1930 BST: Mark Selby 2-4 Mark Williams
Followed by: Ronnie O'Sullivan 3-3 Ding Junhui

Table as of Week One
1 Shaun Murphy 2pts
2 Marco Fu 1pt
3 Ronnie O'Sullivan 1pt
4 Ding Junhui 0pt
5 Neil Robertson 0pt
6 Mark Selby 0pt
7 Mark Williams 0pt

Links:
Premier League - http://tinyurl.com/36w2p8q
Fixtures - http://tinyurl.com/398e5kp
Skysports - http://tinyurl.com/39oht4g

Re: Premier League 2010: Week 2 (Plymouth)

Postby Wildey

officially ding is 7th he has -4 frame difference compared to the other 3 thats on 0 <laugh>

Postby randam05

Looking forward to these matches a lot. Its one of the best weeks of the tournament.

Am I right in saying this is Williams first time playing under the shot clock in premier league? if so then I wonder how he will cope with it, shouldnt be hard for him at all, but will still be interesting.

I think selby will play very well this year possibly the winner.

Postby Wildey

Williams played under shot clock in the first season of shot clock in 2005 Reached the Final of that Event lost 6-0 to Ronnie and hasn't played under Shot Clock since

Postby Bourne

Is it definitely decided on frame difference, not frames won ? I wasn't sure, not very important after 1 week what the table looks like anyway. :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Is it definitely decided on frame difference, not frames won ? I wasn't sure, not very important after 1 week what the table looks like anyway. :redneck:

no i was joking mate

and i do think it is on frames won and when you think about it that is the fairest way.

it would be better in football as well you could have a boring team 10 men defending playing on the break being higher than someone that's scoring goals for fun but having a sieve for a defence.

Postby SnookerFan

How often have Selby and Williams actually played? I remember them playing in the first round of the UK Championship in 2008 when Williams was a qualifier, but I can't think of any other time.

What's the head to head?

Postby Roland

Bourne wrote:World Champs 06 Selby won in R16 13-8

Are you sure about that? I remember Selby and Williams meeting and I remember being impressed with Selby and making a mental note to follow him the next season but I also remember Mark Williams winning that encounter. Williams lost to Ronnie in '06 because Ronnie then went on to lose to Dott.

Williams beat him in the UK in '08 too.

Postby Alex0paul

case_master wrote:When is the last time Higgins and Williams played?

China Open 2010 Second Round, Williams won 5-2.

Sonny wrote:Was it the China Open final in 2008?

That was Maguire 10-9 Murphy in 08. Williams won 9-8 against Higgins in 06.

Postby SnookerFan

Personally my memory for little known qualifiers are a bit poor. Obviously if a Ken Doherty qualifies for a tournament, you remember it. When Mark Selby played Ken at the first round of The Crucible, I remember that that match had happened but previously at The Grand Prix. And I knew I'd seen that match at The Masters before, because I was there live.

On the other hand, when Selby met John Higgins in the World Final, I didn't think I knew much about Selby. I then realised it was Selby who had knocked Higgins out at a previous World Championships. Though I remembered Higgins losing, I had forgotten it was to Selby. If that makes sense.

Postby Roland

Alex0paul WC wrote:

Jesus is it as long ago as that?

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:

Jesus is it as long ago as that?

time flies when your having fun lol

seriously where has the last decade gone to remember all that fuss that all our computer system would go in to meltdown when the clock struck 2000...

Postby GJ

randam05 wrote:why would he do that?

something about a nadal prediction <laugh>

hopefully he will see sense and return :)

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:aww pre natal depression? thought that was depression after giving birth?

Hope he returns too.

Well it wouldn't be after giving birth, by definition. It's pre-natal. <laugh>