Topic locked

12bet.com World Open Last 64 Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 18th of September~Sunday 26th of September

The World Open is a new format for a World Ranking event with best of 5 frame matches and a best of 9 frame final with a Random Draw throughout .

Who will triumph this time around Will Carter have another good Run ? will the Rocket get off the Launch Pad ? or at Last World Champion Neil Robertson getting his season off and Running ?

There is no draw for this event but here is the Format of Play

When Draws will be taking place

Last 32 random draw will take place on Sunday 19 September
Last 16 random draw will take place live at 7pm on Wednesday 22 September
quarter finals random draw will take place live at 7pm on Friday 24 September,
semi finals random draw will take place live at 7pm on Saturday 25 September.

Saturday September 18

2.30pm

Neil Robertson v Graeme Dott
Ali Carter v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Stephen Maguire v Stuart Pettman

Not before 7pm

Steve Davis v Peter Ebdon
Shaun Murphy v Dave Harold

Sunday September 19

2pm

Stephen Hendry v Bjorn Haneveer
Mark Williams v Igor Figueiredo
Ding Junhui v Adrian Gunnell

7pm

Jimmy White v Paul Davison
Mark Selby v Barry Hawkins

Monday September 20

12.30pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark King
Last 32 match
Last 32 match

7pm

Last 32 match
Last 32 match

Tuesday September 21

1pm

Last 32 match
Last 32 match
Last 32 match

7pm

Last 32 match
Last 32 match

Wednesday September 22

12.30pm

Last 32 match

Not before 2pm

Last 32 match
Last 32 match

7pm

Last 32 match
Last 32 match

Thursday September 23

12.30pm

Last 32 match
Last 32 match
Last 16 match

7pm

Last 16 match
Last 16 match

Friday September 24

12.30pm

Last 16 match
Last 16 match
Last 16 match

7pm

Last 16 match
Last 16 match

Saturday September 25

1pm

Quarter-final
Quarter-final

7pm

Quarter-final
Quarter-final

Sunday September 26

2pm

Semi-final
Semi-final

8pm

Final

Re: 12bet.com World Open Last 64 Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Casey

The evening sessions won't last long :huh2: This event could have been done in 7 days instead on 9...easy.

I won't complain though, when there is no play the BBC usually come up with something good. <ok>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Can you just confirm it's one table set-up right through ?

yes one table throughout 3 matches potentially 15 frames in the afternoon and 2 Matches Potentially 10 frames in the evening for the first 7 days Roll on Roll Off with 5 minutes interval between each match.

Postby Wildey

and for all you workers out there according to Dave Hendon on twitter yesterday Live Scoring will be back for this <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

case_master wrote:The evening sessions won't last long :huh2: This event could have been done in 7 days instead on 9...easy.

I won't complain though, when there is no play the BBC usually come up with something good. <ok>

Starting it on a Saturday is a good idea though. People aren't at work, they can either travel or watch on telly. Builds up a bit of momentum for the tournament, which wouldn't happen so easily with a Monday start. It's a new tournament, and last chance saloon as far as BBC coverage is concerned, they've gotta make this work.

Postby Casey

thetubberlad wrote:
case_master wrote:The evening sessions won't last long :huh2: This event could have been done in 7 days instead on 9...easy.

Starting it on a Saturday is a good idea though. People aren't at work, they can either travel or watch on telly. Builds up a bit of momentum for the tournament, which wouldn't happen so easily with a Monday start. It's a new tournament, and last chance saloon as far as BBC coverage is concerned, they've gotta make this work.

Looking at the schedule though, they could have fitted a few more last 64 matches in. The evening sessions could be over before 9pm for example. Maybe that will change next year if its kept on.

Postby Tubberlad

I think it could be Case.

I think this will be a very easy tournament on the eyes. It ain't a purist's dream, but it'll draw in new fans, that I'm sure of, it's cutting edge, it has identity.

The Shanghai Masters this week did nothing really. Awful tournament. I'm not saying turn all the tournaments into best-of-5's, far from it, but identity is important.

Postby Wildey

evening Matches starts at 7 pm its a 1 table set up with at least 6 frames to be played 3-0 and 3-0 reminds you of another tournament in Wembley.

Postby SnookerFan

I am probably really slow, but I hadn't realised that the Semi-Finals and The Final were on the same day.

I suppose it make sense with the shortness of the matches. It'll be a bit weird to watch, mind. But having all the Quarter-Finals on a Saturday might be good. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

GJtheaussiestud wrote:these best of 5's will be tricky to predict on

:chin:

In the first rounds, maybe not. I feel experience at venues is key here. All we've heard since this tournament was announced is how much pressure there is in each match, how much each shot has to count, no margin at all for error. How is that going to make a person playing for the first time at a venue play I wonder? :chin:

The experienced players should, in theory, be able to win three frames against debutants easier then the other way around.

Postby randam05

but it'll draw in new fans

...but it wont without advertisinggggg! has anyone seen anything advertising it yet that would catch the eye of a non snooker fan yet?...nope. Barry Hearn will realise this soon I hope cause he wont attract any new fans if no one is aware of it and its change from other snooker tournaments. The only place advertising it yet is probably glasgows bus stops with a poster, snooker websites and snooker scene magazine..now if you dont follow snooker or live in glasgow how will you know this is on and know its different from other snooker events they may be thought of as 'boring and slow'.

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:
but it'll draw in new fans

...but it wont without advertisinggggg! has anyone seen anything advertising it yet that would catch the eye of a non snooker fan yet?...nope. Barry Hearn will realise this soon I hope cause he wont attract any new fans if no one is aware of it and its change from other snooker tournaments. The only place advertising it yet is probably glasgows bus stops with a poster, snooker websites and snooker scene magazine..now if you dont follow snooker or live in glasgow how will you know this is on and know its different from other snooker events they may be thought of as 'boring and slow'.

Didn't they have a lorry drive round Glasgow with it on?

You're right though. It should be heavily advertised on the BBC. I've not watched a lot of the channel, but I haven't seen anything that has told me this event is on, if I hadn't already known.

Making it BO5 won't have any useful effect if people don't know it's any different to anything else. Fast and Furious it may be, but it could end up Quick and Incosequential.

Postby randam05

Yes snookers main problem for me is lack of advertising..i have said it many times on other forums and threads and it is barrys main problem. Not for exisisting fans as we dont need telling how good snooker is, but the only way to grab new fans is if they see it advertised and in a good light.

Thanks for starting world open prediction competition..look forward to it and I have told jade! I can see many 3-0 whitewashes this week and it will be hard to predict I reckon.

Postby mex10092

I would love to see Ebdon vs Steve Davis. What a battle that might be, even it´s a short format. Although, you never quite know with Ebdon. He might as well pot three long reds and make three century breaks and win 3-0.

Postby Wildey

mex10092 wrote:I would love to see Ebdon vs Steve Davis. What a battle that might be, even it´s a short format. Although, you never quite know with Ebdon. He might as well pot three long reds and make three century breaks and win 3-0.

or make 3 pots in 100 minutes :redneck:

Postby SnookerFan

randam05 wrote:Yes snookers main problem for me is lack of advertising..i have said it many times on other forums and threads and it is barrys main problem. Not for exisisting fans as we dont need telling how good snooker is, but the only way to grab new fans is if they see it advertised and in a good light.

Thanks for starting world open prediction competition..look forward to it and I have told jade! I can see many 3-0 whitewashes this week and it will be hard to predict I reckon.

Marketing really is the key. I've said it many times also. Changing the product won't help, if nobody knows anything about it.

Postby Wildey

We should ask ourselves this when thinking of changing the sport.

would getting rid of the off side rule and getting rid of 3 players so that there's more goals get people interested in football that aren't interested in it ?

i think the answer to that is no it wont so my question is why do people actually think it will work in snooker baffles me.

your right marketing what we got is the answer that part been lacking in snooker for years they got complacent with the boom years of the 80s and they sat still for so long.

Postby Wildey

When Draws will be taking place

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:When Draws will be taking place

Nice one, Mr. Wild. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

wildJONESEYE wrote:We should ask ourselves this when thinking of changing the sport.

would getting rid of the off side rule and getting rid of 3 players so that there's more goals get people interested in football that aren't interested in it ?

The difference, or the way people will see it, is that millions of people worldwide are interested in football, not so in snooker.

But you have a point. Even if Power Snooker takes off, how is it going to make the proper tournaments popular? It isn't.

Postby Wildey

i understand football is a bigger sport but im thinking of my mum or dad my girlfriend even me .

i put up with football not mad about it my dad would watch about 5 minutes at a time my mother and girlfriend would rather stick pins in their eyes than watch football.

would changing football rules encourage my family to watch more football ?

would it hell.