Post a reply

Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan 'wouldn't choose snooker' again

Postby SnookerFan

:zzz:

Yes, yes. Ronnie tourists off snooker. He wishes he was a tennis player, and not a snooker player. Maybe he'll retire. He wants to play snooker at Wembley stadium and not Crawley. Oh no, he's not retiring. Actually, he's changed his mind and he is again. Oh, actually he'll come back for The Masters.

Give it a rest, Ronnie.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 06 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:This is a brilliant interview, talking about his lows and how he copes.

Maybe I'll give it a listen.

Quite often with Ronnie, they'll use one quote as the headline, and the rest of the interview is about something else.

Postby Wildey

Guys its just peddling the same old thing time after time.

Hes not the only player having a hard time of things but we hardly hear about that...

Postby vodkadiet1

O'Sullivan hasn't won the World Title for 6 years and yet he is continually portrayed as snooker's Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic.

If O'Sullivan had applied himself at The Crucible as much as he does to these pointless and boring interviews then he may have broken Hendry's record. I sense he has lost his chance now.

He never has anything new to say. It is all about how he tries to find contentment in life, as if no one else has the same problem.

And where would he be without snooker? He would be a nobody, probably shovelling cement on a building site somewhere in The City of London. And that is if he was lucky.

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I feel sorry for ROS having chosen snooker. It has clearly made him unhappy.

I wonder if he has ever considered retirement.

I guess he probably has but does not like to talk about it in the public domain.

rofl rofl rofl

Postby D4P

On a related note, one of the reasons Ronnie seems so unique among sport superstars is that most people with his kind of temperament/psychology/personality never make it as far as he did. They get weeded out early on, and never make it anywhere close to "superstar" level. As a result, we're not aware that they even exist.

It took unprecedented skill to be able to overcome Ronnie's massive psychological disadvantages, and even then, he's almost universally considered an underachiever...

Postby Wildey

D4P wrote:
Godot wrote:Is there a superstar in another game that puts down their sport as much as Ronnie?

Probably not. He's unique, in so many different ways...

Unique in the sense he recycles the same interview evey so often

Postby Wildey

D4P wrote:On a related note, one of the reasons Ronnie seems so unique among sport superstars is that most people with his kind of temperament/psychology/personality never make it as far as he did. They get weeded out early on, and never make it anywhere close to "superstar" level. As a result, we're not aware that they even exist.

It took unprecedented skill to be able to overcome Ronnie's massive psychological disadvantages, and even then, he's almost universally considered an underachiever...

The thing is mate most people with problems like Ronnie really doesent want to talk about it they rather get on with their life and be the best they can basicly least people know the better.

Ronnie just doeset want to stop talking about it which makes me question him a bit if im honest.

Postby D4P

Wildey wrote:The thing is mate most people with problems like Ronnie really doesent want to talk about it they rather get on with their life and be the best they can basicly least people know the better.

Ronnie just doeset want to stop talking about it which makes me question him a bit if im honest.

I think that Ronnie thinks he's helping people by talking about his own struggles. He feels like he has learned some helpful lessons in recent years (about mental health, diet, exercise, etc.), and he seems to want to share what he has learned with other people...

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:O'Sullivan hasn't won the World Title for 6 years and yet he is continually portrayed as snooker's Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic.

If O'Sullivan had applied himself at The Crucible as much as he does to these pointless and boring interviews then he may have broken Hendry's record. I sense he has lost his chance now.

He never has anything new to say. It is all about how he tries to find contentment in life, as if no one else has the same problem.

And where would he be without snooker? He would be a nobody, probably shovelling cement on a building site somewhere in The City of London. And that is if he was lucky.

Federer went 5 years without a Grand Slam and as you’re so keen on pointing out, there’s only 1 World Championship so Fed had 4x the opportunity in those 5 years.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

D4P wrote:
Wildey wrote:The thing is mate most people with problems like Ronnie really doesent want to talk about it they rather get on with their life and be the best they can basicly least people know the better.

I think that Ronnie thinks he's helping people by talking about his own struggles. He feels like he has learned some helpful lessons in recent years (about mental health, diet, exercise, etc.), and he seems to want to share what he has learned with other people...

To be fair who the buck would want his advice? I don't think many people are clamouring for it.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
D4P wrote:On a related note, one of the reasons Ronnie seems so unique among sport superstars is that most people with his kind of temperament/psychology/personality never make it as far as he did. They get weeded out early on, and never make it anywhere close to "superstar" level. As a result, we're not aware that they even exist.

The thing is mate most people with problems like Ronnie really doesent want to talk about it they rather get on with their life and be the best they can basicly least people know the better.

This is becoming less and less the case - more celebrities and sportspeople are speaking out about their mental health issues which is a great thing.

I’d also suggest that expecting everybody to deal with their issues in the same way is a bit unfair.

Postby TheSaviour

I am glad it is sorted it now.

And glad that it is all said now then

Talking about the ultra-sharp kick-offs, only to each time to completely running out the depth.... <doh> <doh> :censored: :clap: :lol: He has just probably watched too much American pool-billiards from the youtube. World, Peter :lol: :lol:.

Like he even wouldn´t have any childrens

Never mind.

But seriously (like my first comment wouldn´t have been a one), really enjoyed one of your comment Dan-Cat. About the coffee and goat milk! Just keep it coming, if not running out of the ideas already. Not you, but I had to a little bit to raise my voice to get some sorts of results. Sorry about that, but really glad it is all fine now! Seriously, I can´t afford to have any "all-clear" and all-fine posts. You ALL probably know why, and it is never useless to ask that why... So that´s why that World+Peter-comment. Either way, It very well could have been Kenny and the gadgets -comment as well.

Postby vodkadiet1

Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:O'Sullivan hasn't won the World Title for 6 years and yet he is continually portrayed as snooker's Federer, Nadal, or Djokovic.

Federer went 5 years without a Grand Slam and as you’re so keen on pointing out, there’s only 1 World Championship so Fed had 4x the opportunity in those 5 years.

Federer can speak at least 4 languages. O'Sullivan cannot speak any.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Relevant.

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:It is not a question of whether Ronnie can survive without snooker- it is a question of whether Snooker can survive without Ronnie.

Very magnanimous post from such an anti-Ronnie-ite...

Postby HappyCamper

Badsnookerplayer wrote:It is not a question of whether Ronnie can survive without snooker- it is a question of whether Snooker can survive without Ronnie.

The answer to both is yes probably.

Postby HappyCamper

vodkadiet1 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Eight actually I believe