Post a reply

Re: Q School 2019

Postby Wildey

Coming in to this event Alex Borg was bottom of the pile and even now hes 82 on the order of merit but hes only 3 frames from a tour return for his 7th spell on tour

1991/1992- 1996/1997
1998/1999
2001/2002
2005/2006-2006/2007
2013/2014-2014/2015
2016/2017-2017/2018

Postby lhpirnie

Well it does look like Andy Hicks, at least, is trying to win his match, and playing without pressure. It's tough on Yang to be facing an opponent who he can't put under any pressure.

But it's very good news for Lei Peifan, which is pleasing because he probably wouldn't be able to compete as a top-up amateur - he'd just have to go back to China and wait for another opportunity, if it comes.

Postby Wildey

Next man through is

Andy Hicks Age 45 23rd and 24th season on tour Turned Pro 1991/1992

and so far on Order of Merit
Peter Lines Age 49 25th and 26th season on tourTurned Pro 1991/1992
Billy Joe Castle Age 26 3rd and 4th season on tour Turned Pro 2017/2018

Postby Godot

Peifan Lei is a professional snooker player! Now can anyone rescue Ross Bulman?

Postby Wildey

Also through on Order of Merit is

Lei Peifan Age 16 1st and 2nd season on tourTurned Pro 2019/2020

Postby Godot

Wildey wrote:Also through on Order of Merit is

Lei Peifan Age 16 1st and 2nd season on tourTurned Pro 2019/2020

So many Chinese teenagers on tour now

Postby Wildey

Godot wrote:Peifan Lei is a professional snooker player! Now can anyone rescue Ross Bulman?

Peter Lines and Billy Joe Castle but both are 2-1 down

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:
Godot wrote:Peifan Lei is a professional snooker player! Now can anyone rescue Ross Bulman?

Peter Lines and Billy Joe Castle but both are 2-1 down

Yes, it's two from Ross Bulman, Alex Borg and Arnie Ursenbacher. I know who I'd prefer...

EDIT: I suppose it could be Bulman and Yang
Last edited by lhpirnie on 04 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Lei Peifan is the only player thats Qualified that has not played in a Quarter Final at Q School this year and only once has he reached the Last 16.

Postby The_Abbott

Does that mean Lei Peifan is confirmed now?

Looks like at the moment Castle and Lines are losing which won't help Bulman. One frame would have been enough. He will be gutted.

Postby Wildey

The_Abbott wrote:Does that mean Lei Peifan is confirmed now?

Looks like at the moment Castle and Lines are losing which won't help Bulman.

yup cant be caught

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:Lei Peifan is the only player thats Qualified that has not played in a Quarter Final at Q School this year and only once has he reached the Last 16.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure he was not expecting to qualify. It was about gaining experience, and he just seems to have adapted really well. For those that don't know him, he's a bit like Zhou Yuelong: solid with a good temperament.

His contemporaries Wu Yize and Zhao Jianbo are more like Zhao Xintong and Yan Bingtao respectively. Zhao Jianbo's performance in China last night means he's very likely to be on tour in 2020-21 via the Chinese rankings. The three boys were born in 2003.
Last edited by lhpirnie on 04 Jun 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby The_Abbott

I rally want Castle to win. I would rather have Bulman on the tour than Borg.

I don't mind Ursenbacher winning to keep his place on the tour.

Postby lhpirnie

The_Abbott wrote:I rally want Castle to win. I would rather have Bulman on the tour than Borg.

I think there are quite a lot of people who share your opinion!

But at least in Bulman's case, he lost 4-0 today against an average player, when even 4-1 would have been sufficient. He can only blame himself. It was different with Lei Peifan, who might have been disadvantaged by the players who had nothing to gain by winning today.

Postby The_Abbott

lhpirnie wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:I rally want Castle to win. I would rather have Bulman on the tour than Borg.

I think there are quite a lot of people who share your opinion!

But at least in Bulman's case, he lost 4-0 today against an average player, when even 4-1 would have been sufficient. He can only blame himself. It was different with Lei Peifan, who might have been disadvantaged by the players who had nothing to gain by winning today.

The only positive thing I will say about Borg is that is impressive to come back from 0 points after 2 events. That takes some doing and actually proves that you should never give up *Jamie Cope*

Postby Wildey

So Alex Borg is on Tour

Alex Borg Age 49 15th and 16th season on tour Turned Pro 1991/1992

Postby The_Abbott

Wildey wrote:So Alex Borg is on Tour

Alex Borg Age 49 15th and 16th season on tour Turned Pro 1991/1992

Class of 91 today. Makes the Class of 92 look average <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Peter Lines wins a frame to keep Ross Bullman's dreams alive

Postby Wildey

Peter Lines at the table again on a break of 20

Postby Wildey

2 more spots available

Barry Pinches v Long Zehuang
Alexander Ursenbacker v Ross Bulman

Postby Wildey

Basicly Peter Lines is playing for Ross Bullman

Postby Vallomas

Ursenbacher is struggling to get over (the) Line(s)!

Postby Wildey

Peter Lines from 3-1 down pulls back to 3-3

Very admerbly considering hes already qualified

Postby Wildey

of course as number 1 on the order of merit after q school done ad dusted Ross Bullman will proberbly be invited to all ranking tournaments or close to all atleast if he doesent make it

Postby Wildey

Wildey wrote:of course as number 1 on the order of merit after q school done ad dusted Ross Bullman will proberbly be invited to all ranking tournaments or close to all atleast if he doesent make it

BUT

unlike if he gets on tour top up players will have to pay for the priveladge

Postby lhpirnie

Wildey wrote:of course as number 1 on the order of merit after q school done ad dusted Ross Bullman will proberbly be invited to all ranking tournaments or close to all atleast if he doesent make it

Yes, it looks like we'll be seeing a lot of Ross Bulman, Lukas Kleckers, Ian Preece and Paul S Davison. It's unlikely we will actually get 128 professionals, and there are several well-known players who won't play in many events.

Postby The_Abbott

Wildey wrote:

BUT

unlike if he gets on tour top up players will have to pay for the priveladge

You get players like Ronnie that withdraw or won't get out of bed for £25,000 yet those that want to play as top up have to pay. If they have to pay for 129 players I can't see why if can't be free for all the top up (at 128 draw competitions not like Gibraltar Open)

Postby SteveJJ

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Reffed Hicks twice, today and last night. Very fast and fluent player, looking like he'll make a return to the Tour.

Hes on tour now.

I Make Hicks the Best player never to reach a ranking final possibly even to not win a Ranking tournament and never been top 16.

Probably right in the first two categories but you would probably have to give the best player never to be in top 16 to Dominic Dale with his two tournament wins.

Postby The_Abbott

Ursenbacher makes it which makes Bulman sick to the stomach. One frame is all he needed this morning and he'd have been on the tour in place of Peifan