Post a reply

What is Ronnie’s worst recent WC defeat?

2015 Quarter-final - Stuart Bingham
No votes
2016 Second Round - Barry Hawkins
10%
2017 Quarter-final - Ding Junhui
10%
2018 Second Round - Ali Carter
10%
2019 First Round - James Cahill
70%

Total votes : 10

Ronnie’s worst recent WC defeat

Postby Ash147

Since his loss in the 2014 World Final, Ronnie has had some terrible defeats at the World Championship. Which would you say was his worst though?

Re: Ronnie’s worst recent WC defeat

Postby Ash147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well I think this is a fairly easy one to answer Ash.

Given that he lost in round one to a club player, it has to be this year

I think that’s the obvious answer, but there’s some other very painful defeats in there too, albeit for different reasons.

I think this poll will be quite varied.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Well I think this is a fairly easy one to answer Ash.

Given that he lost in round one to a club player, it has to be this year

I think that’s the obvious answer, but there’s some other very painful defeats in there too, albeit for different reasons.

I think this poll will be quite varied.

I don't agree.
Losing to the others is a disappointment.
Losing to an amateur is a humiliation.

Postby Andre147

Losing to Carter was bad as he was his bogeyman, but nothing beats losing to an amateur at the biggest stage of all.

Postby Iranu

In a way I’d say losing to Hawkins was the worst because he played so well in that match and all it would have taken was some tighter safety and he would have won, even against Beast Mode.

By the end of the first session this year I felt Ronnie deserved to lose with his attitude, so it didn’t bother me as much.

Postby The_Abbott

2019: Revenge of the Numpty

O'Sullivan expected to just turn up and win the match against Cahill but is confidence was sky high having won three matches already and scoring well.

Ronnie did look tired but he was probably up late promoting his new book or baking a cake. He has lost focus on snooker.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:Do you guys actually think being a Sullivan fan is a painful existence?

I haven’t thought that for years. Doesn’t mean he can’t have bad defeats though.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:In a way I’d say losing to Hawkins was the worst because he played so well in that match and all it would have taken was some tighter safety and he would have won, even against Beast Mode.

By the end of the first session this year I felt Ronnie deserved to lose with his attitude, so it didn’t bother me as much.

The one I was more gutted about was definately 2016 of all his defeats since 2014. Took me a few days to recover.

The others... not so much, especially this last one as he deserved to lose. So yoh're right, 2016 was the worst, but this year was the most embarassing.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Why isn't the 2014 Selby final in here? Most painful of all by a country mile.

Pink Ball is named for that missed sitter of a pink!

Its from 2015 onwards. We all know his worst defeat of career is losing the 2014 Final.

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Why isn't the 2014 Selby final in here? Most painful of all by a country mile.

Pink Ball is named for that missed sitter of a pink!

Its from 2015 onwards. We all know his worst defeat of career is losing the 2014 Final.

Yes. The 2014 final defeat was his worst at the World Championship.

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:Do you guys actually think being a Sullivan fan is a painful existence?

I Was thinking that.

its one tournament guys get over it its gone and almost forgotten until you lot bring it up time after time Ronnie couldn't give a monkeys

Next season he will be winning a few more trophies

Postby D4P

This is part of what I was getting at when I started this thread (viewtopic.php?f=675&t=8659&p=630097#p630097).

People expect dominant superstars to always try their hardest to win, to be excited when they win, and to be really disappointed when they lose.

But Ronnie has always been a different breed of dominant superstar. He doesn't always try his hardest to win, and he doesn't get too excited or disappointed by winning or losing.

Postby Wildey

D4P wrote:This is part of what I was getting at when I started this thread (viewtopic.php?f=675&t=8659&p=630097#p630097).

People expect dominant superstars to always try their hardest to win, to be excited when they win, and to be really disappointed when they lose.

But Ronnie has always been a different breed of dominant superstar. He doesn't always try his hardest to win, and he doesn't get too excited or disappointed by winning or losing.

I Disagree with that he wants to win otherwise he would stay home, go running or whatever that what he does often.

He enters a match to win but there are times where he looks disintrested so that people say he didnt try self preservasion and all that.

But unlike Hendry where he would sulk for a few days Ronnie doesent he just moves on and thats a strength he has when he loses.

Postby SnookerFan

Trying to decide how much to drink in the next couple of weeks.

Had about five pints yesterday watching the Rugby in the pub. Also had some on Saturday.

Won't drink Monday - Wednesday, but there is an England football game on Sky on Thursday night. Don't have Sky, but can stream it on my Tablet. This is probably preferable to going to watch it in the pub, as it'll be packed. Also, there's another game on Sunday, time TBA. May or may not watch that in pub also.

I know on the 15th I'm having a few pints in the pub. So, may just watch the games streamed at home. Will probably raid the cans on the fridge, but would be less than if I was in pub.

#boringnonimportantcomment

#improvemypostcount