Post a reply

Re: Hendry praises Ronnie's popularity

Postby gallantrabbit

Just don't portray O'sullivan as some kind of people's champion Hendry. He's a wonderful player to watch and has been hugely successful. But he's also a prize chump.

Postby Iranu

gallantrabbit wrote:Just don't portray O'sullivan as some kind of people's champion Hendry. He's a wonderful player to watch and has been hugely successful. But he's also a prize chump.

So was Higgins. Didn’t stop him being a people’s champion.

Postby Wildey

Dont think Hendry was praising his popularity.

its just not happened before that The Peoples Champion is also a Prolific Champion.

Hendry took it as a insult when he started getting popular it used to be a case when your popular you lose more than you win... Ronnie has changed that

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Dont think Hendry was praising his popularity.

its just not happened before that The Peoples Champion is also a Prolific Champion.

Hendry took it as a insult when he started getting popular it used to be a case when your popular you lose more than you win... Ronnie has changed that

Yeah, I knew what he was saying.

More that I was questioning why it was an article. His analysis is correct, but it's also obvious. What's he pointing out that we didn't already know?

And why bring it up now? Keeps snooker in the media in the months that follow The Crucible, maybe?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:

More that I was questioning why it was an article. His analysis is correct, but it's also obvious. What's he pointing out that we didn't already know?

And why bring it up now? Keeps snooker in the media in the months that follow The Crucible, maybe?

is he still promoting his book?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

Well a Journo put his mic in his face and asked the question so he answered it. he could have said nothing like he did in the 90s i guess.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Well a Journo put his mic in his face and asked the question so he answered it. he could have said nothing like he did in the 90s i guess.

True.

I guess what I should've wondered is why a journalist would bother to ask at all.

Fill column inches, I guess.