Topic locked

Shanghai Masters Final Discussion!!!

Postby Wildey

So The Final

in many ways when the PTC was introduces as some sort of match practice for bigger tournaments the Final Here is contested by Ali Carter and Jamie Burnett who hasn't Produced in the PTC.

who will win ?

Carter his Second win or Burnett in his first Final his first Trophy ?

Previous Winners

2007 Dominic Dale beat Ryan Day 10-6
2008 Ricky Walden beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-8
2009 Ronnie O'Sullivan beat Liang Wenbo 10-5

DRAW

Order of Play

Final
7.00am

Jamie Burnett v Ali Carter

12.45pm

Jamie Burnett v Ali Carter

Re: Shanghai Masters Final Discussion!!!

Postby Bourne

The way this tournament has brought out the surprise winners in the past, I think it's only destiny that Burnett wins this title.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:The way this tournament has brought out the surprise winners in the past, I think it's only destiny that Burnett wins this title.

Dale was a proven winner in the past in fact Carter is striving tomorrow to join him on 2 Ranking wins.

and Walden was on the young side

Burnett if he wins well in terms of surprise win this would be off the scale.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Wild, Dale and Walden winning this title was a surprise. :roll:

nowhere near the surprise if Burnett would.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:good luck jamie davydenko

SELBY
COPE

<laugh> :D

Jamie Davydenko :redneck:

2 similarities between the 2 ;)

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:good luck jamie davydenko

SELBY
COPE

<laugh> :D

Jamie Davydenko :redneck:

2 similarities between the 2 ;)

:evilgrin:

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

Bourne wrote:The way this tournament has brought out the surprise winners in the past, I think it's only destiny that Burnett wins this title.

Yes especially when all the snooker talk this week has revolved around match fixing :hmm:

Postby vinot

Nothing against Jamie Burnett, ( in fact I have rather missed his existence until now) but I do hope Ali takes it. The sport needs big names winning tournaments. To have Jamie Burnett, not a rookie by any means, go win this so close to Barry Pinches taking his first trophy can't be a good sign for the future. I don't think it was the 35+ players emergance on the scene Barry Hearn was thinking about when he launched his ideas for snookers future.

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:carter big name

<laugh> rofl

World finalist, ranking winner, top 3 ... bigger than most, including Burnett :redneck:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:

<laugh> rofl

World finalist, ranking winner, top 3 ... bigger than most, including Burnett :redneck:

For me a big name has to have won a major

:afro:

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:

<laugh> rofl

So Robbo was a small name until May ? OK :redneck:

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:

<laugh> rofl

So Robbo was a small name until May ? OK :redneck:

the grand PRix was widely known as the 4th major he won it twice

:afro: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

whatever anyone sais about Robbo he is the only player outside of the legends to win 2 Ranking title in the same season twice.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:whatever anyone sais about Robbo he is the only player outside of the legends to win 2 Ranking title in the same season twice.

:bowdown: :afro: :ahh:

Postby Bourne

You know it's only banter GJ :ahh: I'm one of the lone crusaders out there fighting the mugs who still think Bahrain didn't matter.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:You know it's only banter GJ :ahh: I'm one of the lone crusaders out there fighting the mugs who still think Bahrain didn't matter.

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:whatever anyone sais about Robbo he is the only player outside of the legends to win 2 Ranking title in the same season twice.

:bowdown: :afro: :ahh:

Ebdon,Parrott and Doherty has won 2 Rankers in the same season only once

Doherty who is considered a legend got 6 Rankers Robbo already on 5.

Robertson is a proven champion now.

Postby GJ

"It's very pleasing to get through to the final. I've never played Jamie before but I just want to enjoy the day tomorrow and try to play well, and take WHATEVER RESULT COMES."

views of ali carter

:chin:

Postby Tubberlad

Although I'm no fan of Carter, I'm hoping he'll do the job tomorrow. I don't like Burnett at all, and I don't think he's a great player, although admittedly he has cued very nicely this week whatever snooker I've watched.

Very disappointed with Cope and particularly Selby. Two players I like, Cope was miserable this morning, and Selby has blown a great chance for the second ranker. That said, Carter played very well, some of the best stuff I've seen from him.

10-5 Carter tomorrow.

Postby Wildey

yes i bet he will take a 10-0 drubbing against burnett <laugh>

i think players should take a leaf out of dart players attitude when they interviewed they stop just short of saying im going to pin him to the dartboard with my darts lol

when phil taylor interviewed he lets everyone know hes going to stuff them snooker players if they going to win more has to have that killer attitude and not take WHATEVER RESULT COMES rofl

Postby Roland

He didn't blow a great chance, Carter was awesome in denying him :idea:

Looking back a bit now, a lot of matches involving Selby where he gets close to a title his opponent has raised their game significantly to beat him. He is a scalp now and has to get used to players playing their best against him. The same goes for Robbo.

Postby Bourne

wildJONESEYE wrote:yes i bet he will take a 10-0 drubbing against burnett <laugh>

i think players should take a leaf out of dart players attitude when they interviewed they stop just short of saying im going to pin him to the dartboard with my darts lol

when phil taylor interviewed he lets everyone know hes going to stuff them snooker players if they going to win more has to have that killer attitude and not take WHATEVER RESULT COMES rofl

I think he was taking pressure off himself, because he's big favourite !

Postby Wildey

yes but going in to the quarters selby was favorite then this morning still favorite playing carter who had struggled to get to the semis so on paper at that time he knew he was favorite..... his safety play let him down the first 4 frames and to come out of that at 2-2 was disappointing after leading 2-0 but from 2-2 Selby had nothing much to go at and to quote smart .....carter did have his foot on his neck and KILL KILL KILL.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:yes i bet he will take a 10-0 drubbing against burnett <laugh>

I think he was taking pressure off himself, because he's big favourite !

that what he was doing but i think it works other way it gives the underdog the confidence in knowing the hot favorite not that positive.

what you got to do is intimidate him to think ive got no chance not feed his confidence.