Post a reply

Who stank the Crucible out?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

32 players now down to 4.

Some great performances and shocks but which player produced the most miserable performance?

Was it Georgiou?
Was it Luo?

Or was there another player who you feel performed worse?

Re: Who stank the Crucible out?

Postby Cloud Strife

I'd go for Ronnie. Georgiou and Luo Honghao were expected to be rubbish, to be quite frank. What was Ronnie's excuse losing to an amateur, part-time snooker player and full-time petty criminal by the name of James Cahill?

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:I'd go for Ronnie. Georgiou and Luo Honghao were expected to be rubbish, to be quite frank. What was Ronnie's excuse losing to an amateur, part-time snooker player and full-time petty criminal by the name of James Cahill?

A full-time petty criminal? You’ve piqued my interest.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:I'd go for Ronnie. Georgiou and Luo Honghao were expected to be rubbish, to be quite frank. What was Ronnie's excuse losing to an amateur, part-time snooker player and full-time petty criminal by the name of James Cahill?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/141 ... ndrys-son/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8932414/ ... s-airport/

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Personally I admire Cahill for his get-up-and-go and entrepreneurship, but can we please keep this thread on-topic lads.

And what of his drinking and driving? Do you admire that too?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Personally I admire Cahill for his get-up-and-go and entrepreneurship, but can we please keep this thread on-topic lads.

No no - the lad has served his punishment.

Much like Ronnie did for his drug cheating, and Alex Higgins for his various misdemeanours etc.

I don't like to drag up things that should remain in the past - please respect this from now on Cloud.

Thank you

Postby vodkadiet1

Even though he made the quarters I would say Maguire. He was very lucky to get past Pengfei and he was actually trying to his hardest to beat an amateur and only won 13-12. And then was basically beaten within an hour and a half of his quarter final starting.

Failing that, Allen and Selby were garbage.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Good post Vodka. Maguire was extremely lucky and conversely Tian suffered awfully at the hands of fate.

Allen was appalling for sure and Selby hung in for a round but offered little.

Definite contenders

Postby vodkadiet1

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Good post Vodka. Maguire was extremely lucky and conversely Tian suffered awfully at the hands of fate.

Allen was appalling for sure and Selby hung in for a round but offered little.

Definite contenders

Cheers BSP.

Allen started playing when it was too late. He seems to have the wrong mentality for beating players he should beat. He has had quite a few Crucible defeats against much lesser players.

I was also disappointed in Brecel. Wilson didn't play well at all in that match and even though his safety was very good in the final frame Brecel had more than enough chances to convert that 7-5 lead.

Ding was also rubbish. There were quite a few contenders.

I cannot include the players like Li Hang, Georgiou, and Luo Honghao because you couldn't expect much from them.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Morinas77 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Here is the explanation:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/25/james-ca ... n-9320757/

Thank you Morina. I was sure there would be an explanation for this momentary loss of judgement.

What a great lad!

Postby vodkadiet1

Who has disappointed most in the commentary box?

I would say Ebdon. He cannot say a sentence without saying absolutely.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/141 ... ndrys-son/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/8932414/ ... s-airport/

Hahahahahahahahahaha. What a numbnuts.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Morinas77 wrote:Actually most people expected Luo Honghao to have a decent chance vs Murphy. He was by far the biggest disappointment.

A fair few people, including myself had Luo to win that.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

Yes, I do.

What a guy....

Postby Ash147

I think the standard amongst the top players in general has been the lowest I’ve seen in quite a while.

Postby mantorok

Ash147 wrote:I think the standard amongst the top players in general has been the lowest I’ve seen in quite a while.

Burnout, they're having to play more than 5 tournaments before the WC these days.

Postby Andre147

For me it was definately Ronnie.

Honghao, Georgiou and Hang made their debuts, them not playing well was kinda expected. Ronnie had no excuse whatsoever, took Cahill for granted and by the time he took it a but more seriously at 8-5 down damage was already done. Some of his shot selection seemed like he was down the club.