Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Thur May 2nd) Semi-Finals !!

Postby Wildey

I Agree with Colin Murray who cares if Wilson or Gilbert wins thats exciting and they are new faces who cares if they in their 30s

Better than 40 year olds thats been there before wins

Postby vodkadiet1

Higgins looked drained today but Gilbert looked very good. Higgins will be a different player tomorrow but Gilbert has settled in now and he will run Higgins close.

Trump said yesterday he wanted to 'put the match to bed early'. Well it isn't 'getting late early' thus far. Wilson looks like he will be ready to capitalise if Trump starts to feel the pressure.

These semis didn't promise much initially but they look likely to be tight. Obviously that could all change if Higgins and Trump get on a roll and then it will be a case of how the inexperienced players react.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet1 wrote:Higgins looked drained today but Gilbert looked very good. Higgins will be a different player tomorrow but Gilbert has settled in now and he will run Higgins close.

Trump said yesterday he wanted to 'put the match to bed early'. Well it isn't 'getting late early' thus far. Wilson looks like he will be ready to capitalise if Trump starts to feel the pressure.

These semis didn't promise much initially but they look likely to be tight. Obviously that could all change if Higgins and Trump get on a roll and then it will be a case of how the inexperienced players react.

Imagine the reverse... Wilson and/or Gilbert getting on a roll... how would their experienced opponents react?

With everything that's happened in this tournament, it could happen.

Postby vodkadiet1

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:Higgins looked drained today but Gilbert looked very good. Higgins will be a different player tomorrow but Gilbert has settled in now and he will run Higgins close.

Imagine the reverse... Wilson and/or Gilbert getting on a roll... how would their experienced opponents react?

With everything that's happened in this tournament, it could happen.

You're right Andre. It could happen either way. Then the question will be 'could the underdog complete the job?'

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:Not too bothered who wins - as long as it isn't Higgins.

Trump deserves it for quite a few years of trying but Gilbert or Wilson would also be a good story.

"Deserve has nothing to do with it" - Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven.

Jimmy White deserved it more than anybody in the game and we all know how it turned out... I could say him, Trump, Stevens, Ding deserve it, but they either get it done or not.

Postby Lemnas

mantorok wrote:One thing's for sure no-one knows what the buck is going to happen and that makes it very interesting.

To be fair, when do you ever know how the rest of the Championship will turn out after the first session of the semifinals?

Postby mantorok

Lemnas wrote:
mantorok wrote:One thing's for sure no-one knows what the buck is going to happen and that makes it very interesting.

To be fair, when do you ever know how the rest of the Championship will turn out after the first session of the semifinals?

In the past you could easily predict the matches especially against qualifiers.

Postby vodkadiet1

Alex0paul wrote:The player that deserves it is the player that pots match ball

I deserve it. I just haven't been able to practice for about 20 years! There are no tables!

'All the clubs are being closed down'.

This town is coming like a ghost town....

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet1 wrote:

I deserve it. I just haven't been able to practice for about 20 years! There are no tables!

Silent Hill

Postby vodkadiet1

Ash147 wrote:
vodkadiet1 wrote:

https://youtu.be/RZ2oXzrnti4

You got it!

:hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Not too bothered who wins - as long as it isn't Higgins.

Trump deserves it for quite a few years of trying but Gilbert or Wilson would also be a good story.

"Deserve has nothing to do with it" - Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven.

Jimmy White deserved it more than anybody in the game and we all know how it turned out... I could say him, Trump, Stevens, Ding deserve it, but they either get it done or not.

Yea nobody deserves to be champion of the World you have to make it happen

Postby Pink Ball

As someone who’d like Trump to win it, I’m genuinely more worried about Wilson than Higgins. Higgins isn’t playing well enough to win the tournament. Wilson is.

Trump has shown over and over again this tournament, however, that he can go up two gears when it’s needed.