Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed May 1st) Quarter-Finals

Postby Andre147

Robertson couldn't beat a well past his best Higgins, got stuck on safety play with him and that slowed him down and it disrupted his fluency and we all know how he plays then...

He won't get a better chance than this for another world title for certain... ok he might have lost to Trump in the Final, this we'll never know, but llosing to Higgins with Higgins playing his C game most of the match is no excuse. Robertson will forever be stuck on 1.

GJ must feel pretty gutted, this was Robbo's chance and he blew it.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:Robertson couldn't beat a well past his best Higgins, got stuck on safety play with him and that slowed him down and it disrupted his fluency and we all know how he plays then...

He won't get a better chance than this for another world title for certain... ok he might have lost to Trump in the Final, this we'll never know, but llosing to Higgins with Higgins playing his C game most of the match is no excuse. Robertson will forever be stuck on 1.

Bang on the money.

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:But,i,m a milllllllllllllllion% sure Ron would swap that for another world title,some more world titles mate. ;-) :win: :-D

I think Ronnie would swap the #1 ranking itself for another world title, but I don't think he would swap the "8 ranking titles he won over the past 2 seasons that got him to #1" for another world title...

I wouldn't swap the 8 for another world title, but maybe 4 of them I would. What he's done this recent seasons has been remarkable, but it's a travesty Higgins has reached the one table setup 3 times since 2014 and Ronnie not even one.

Postby HustleKing

Andre147 wrote:Robertson couldn't beat a well past his best Higgins, got stuck on safety play with him and that slowed him down and it disrupted his fluency and we all know how he plays then...

I tend to agree, but if he can continue this season's form for another 5-10 years, it ain't a bad consolation prize

Postby HappyCamper

Badsnookerplayer wrote:rubbish to blame the conditions.

He won the worlds before Taom was invented.

Poor show indeed.

maybe it's the unique combination of taom and non-toam chalks that causes the issue like a particle and and anit-particle in nuclear physics.

Postby PLtheRef

Here is the latest table following the quarter-finals. Included is a three point deduction for a Neil Robertson prediction.

After being a closely compact table throughout the championship so far, QF day (the traditional Moving Day as it was once described) has seen the scoreboard change quite significantly, with a second significant score - this time from Cloud Strife see him move into second, with SteveJJ holding an 11 point lead.

Table following quarter-finals (28/31 Matches played)
157 SteveJJ 21 - 2
146 Cloud Strife 20 - 1
143 TheCleaver 19 - 3
138 Alex0Paul 18 - 4
136 Nice_Shoes_Ken 17 - 4
133 GJ 18 - 1
132 PLtheRef 18 - 2
131 Eraserhead 18 - 3
130 Andre147 17 - 4
130 Wildey 17 - 4
129 Raphael98 19 - 1
129 SavoMilosevic 2WC 18 - 1
129 Slowjoe 17 - 2
127 Pink Ball 17 - 2
127 Sundaygirl 16 - 2
126 Aimlesswandeer 17 - 2
126 Krazeeyekilla 16 - 3
115 Johnny Bravo 16 - 2
115 Vodkadiet 16 - 1
114 Deewee 16 - 0
106 Lemnas 15 - 2
106 Snookerfan 13 - 3
98 Happycamper 13 - 2
92 Dan-Cat 13 - 2
91 Iranu 12 - 1
84 Holden Chinaski 11 - 3
51 Badsnookerplayer 7 - 2

With all matches in the round finishing today, the Day table and the Quarter-Finals table are exactly the same. Cloud was the only person to pick all four winners today, and was within a frame on two of them.

Wednesday's QF Table
32 Cloud Strife
25 SteveJJ
23 Iranu
21 Raphael98
20 Eraserhead
18 Krazeeyekilla
16 Sundaygirl
16 Deewee
16 Pink Ball
14 PLtheRef
14 Happycamper
11 Vodkadiet
11 Aimlesswandeer
11 TheCleaver
11 Lemnas
9 Snookerfan
7 Alex0Paul
7 Andre147
7 Holden Chinaski
7 Nice_Shoes_Ken
7 GJ
7 Slowjoe
7 Wildey
7 SavoMilosevic 2WC
- Johnny Bravo
- Badsnookerplayer
- Dan-Cat

Quarter-Final Prediction Data
Dave Gilbert 5 - 19 Kyren Wilson

John Higgins 3 - 21 Neil Robertson

Gary Wilson 10 - 14 Allister Carter

Judd Trump 22 - 2 Stephen Maguire

Postby carayip

HustleKing wrote:

I tend to agree, but if he can continue this season's form for another 5-10 years, it ain't a bad consolation prize

I bet Robertson couldn’t even continue his form for another 3 years, let alone 5-10 years. He’s 37 years old as well and not that young anymore. Robertson in the form of his life couldn’t even beat this version of Higgins, lol at that

Postby Badsnookerplayer

HappyCamper wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:rubbish to blame the conditions.

He won the worlds before Taom was invented.

Poor show indeed.

maybe it's the unique combination of taom and non-toam chalks that causes the issue like a particle and and anit-particle in nuclear physics.

Yes - I am hoping my new 'Neutrino' chalk will bypass these problems.

Anyone interested it is £30 a piece.

Postby Andre147

carayip wrote:
HustleKing wrote:

I bet Robertson couldn’t even continue his form for another 3 years, let alone 5-10 years. He’s 37 years old as well and not that young anymore. Robertson in the form of his life couldn’t even beat this version of Higgins, lol at that

Exactly this.

If Robertson cant play this version of Higgins, he will never be World Champ again.

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:Here's what we have learned from this year's WC:

1. ROS will never win another WC. EVER. :sad: He crumbles under the pressure and he's not trying his hardest.
2. Ding will never win any WC. He's mentally weak.
3. Robbo will be forever stuck on 1 WC. He's also mentally weak and can't handle the pressure. Despite being way more talented and despite the fact that his A game far surpasses that of Selbo, Selbo's toughness brought him way more success.
4. If Trump doesn't win it this year, he'll also never win it.

I tend to agree with your first three points. Not sure with the last one as Trump has still time on his side.

But another defeat in the final would be a massive body blow undoubtely as he'd be the only player next to Jimmy,Stevens and Carter to reach the final more than once and not win it yet

Postby Dan-cat

1. ROS will never win another WC. EVER. :sad: He crumbles under the pressure and he's not trying his hardest.
3. Robbo will be forever stuck on 1 WC. He's also mentally weak and can't handle the pressure. Despite being way more talented and despite the fact that his A game far surpasses that of Selbo, Selbo's toughness brought him way more success.

1. Couldn't agree less. Never write off Ronnie. How many times have we thought he was finished / in serious decline and then he wins 5 tournaments in a year.

2. No, he can sort it out. He's an amazing talent.

3. If he finished on 1, I will be amazed.

4. What a massive crock of sh*t. He's barely 30.

One thing I've learned this WC, I disagree with Johnny B on a lot of points! :-D

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

1. Couldn't agree less. Never write off Ronnie. How many times have we thought he was finished / in serious decline

Well, never.

People just like to over react to him losing matches.