good draw for robbo

holt in round 1
carter in round 2
day or hednry in the quarters

the bottom half seems loaded ronnie , higgins and selby all there

bad draw for stevens

Re: Welsh Open Draw !!!

Postby Roland

Selby had better start getting the upper hand on the big 2 soon with all these bad draws! He's got another stinker in the Masters too if memory serves.

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Selby had better start getting the upper hand on the big 2 soon with all these bad draws! He's got another stinker in the Masters too if memory serves.

some crackers in the masters

ronnie v robbo
selby v ding
higgins v allen
hendry v murphy

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Sonny wrote:Selby had better start getting the upper hand on the big 2 soon with all these bad draws! He's got another stinker in the Masters too if memory serves.

some crackers in the masters

ronnie v robbo
selby v ding
higgins v allen
hendry v murphy

Hopefully Ding continues his form and the push towards top 4, never thought i'd be saying that 4 months ago :huh: Even though it's a non-ranker, doing well there will be great for confidence.

Postby Alex0paul

Tough draw for Dott but at least there is a decent reward if he qualifies. The Welsh Open is usually a great tournament and tickets are very cheap.

Postby Bourne

Alex0paul wrote:Tough draw for Dott but at least there is a decent reward if he qualifies. The Welsh Open is usually a great tournament and tickets are very cheap.

I saw him at the Welsh this year against Carter, really fought well from being behind, could have won the decider too.

Postby GJ

top half

Carter
Robbo
Maguire

Bottom half

Ronnie
Ding
Murphy
Higgins
Selby

robbo is in the better half no doubt <cool> <ok>

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:Top half is so weak :shock:

only 1 player with real bottle and it isnt the defending champ

<cool>

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Bourne wrote:Top half is so weak :shock:

only 1 player with real bottle and it isnt the defending champ

<cool>

Good thing if he gets knocked out by Ronnie at the Masters, odds will go up even more for Newport. Reminds me of Maguire's draw in China last year, cakewalk.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Tough draw for Dott but at least there is a decent reward if he qualifies. The Welsh Open is usually a great tournament and tickets are very cheap.

I saw him at the Welsh this year against Carter, really fought well from being behind, could have won the decider too.

Yeah? What matches did you see at the Welsh Open? I saw a few matches last year live.

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Bourne wrote:

Yeah? What matches did you see at the Welsh Open? I saw a few matches last year live.

An afternoon session, pretty sure it was the Thursday. Saw Ronnie vs Fu, whole match. For 10 mins during interval, i sat at the back to see a bit of Dott vs Carter, saw Dott knock in a ton. Then when Ronnie vs Fu was over, I went down to the Ding vs Maguire match, front-row, when Ding was 4-2 (?) up. He didn't win another frame :(

Postby SnookerFan

I was there for the opening matches. Saw some pretty decent matches. Including Dominic Dale vs Liang Wenbo. There was only me an 12 Chinese people watching the table as Mark Williams was watching the other one.

It was a pretty top experience I felt. <ok>

Postby Casey

Not a bad draw for Robbo, he has a good chance to get into the tournament, you would expect Higgins and Selby to play each other in the QF's. Ronnie will have a tough second round match against Ding, Allen has a tough draw with Murphy in the second round. I would also expect Maguire and Williams to meet in the QF's

Postby Roland

Christ another fix!

I always look out for these names from the 17-32 bracket:

Wenbo
Trump
Cope

and guess who they've got if they win?

Wenbo v Higgins <doh>
Trump v Selby <doh>
Cope v Ding <doh>

And what of those top 16 players who aren't in good form?

Maguire v Steve Davis <doh>
Carter v Swail <doh>
Day v Greene <doh>
King v Bond <doh>

It's fixed!

Postby Roland

At least the Worlds is random draw and you'd think Hearn would have the decency to ensure it's broadcast live.

When does the Welsh start? After Higgins performance against Allen he needs to be on his guard against Wenbo. Selby should see off Trump but I'm sure he'll be slightly wary, and Cope has the fire power to take out Ding - that could be a great match.

I'm intriged so I'm off to look at the names mentioned from earlier in the season...

Can't find them but I'm sure Selby always seems to find himself in the same half as O'Sullivan and Higgins (and Wenbo/Cope) and Robertson only seems to have Murphy, Maguire and Carter to contend with. It's seemed that way for most tournaments recently.

Postby Casey

The qualifiers start tomorrow, the tournament proper on the 25th

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:At least the Worlds is random draw and you'd think Hearn would have the decency to ensure it's broadcast live.

When does the Welsh start? After Higgins performance against Allen he needs to be on his guard against Wenbo. Selby should see off Trump but I'm sure he'll be slightly wary, and Cope has the fire power to take out Ding - that could be a great match.

I'm intriged so I'm off to look at the names mentioned from earlier in the season...

Can't find them but I'm sure Selby always seems to find himself in the same half as O'Sullivan and Higgins (and Wenbo/Cope) and Robertson only seems to have Murphy, Maguire and Carter to contend with. It's seemed that way for most tournaments recently.

robbo has had higgins and ronnie early in the last 2 events
:chin:

Postby GJ

does anyone know if 2 tables are shown online for the welsh open because last year i remember robbo being on the 2nd table and it was also available onlline

Postby Lucky

GJtheaussiestud wrote:does anyone know if 2 tables are shown online for the welsh open because last year i remember robbo being on the 2nd table and it was also available onlline

Are you sure? I thought the Welsh was purely a BBC Wales production with no online nor red button action? Just BBC Wales and Eurosport?

Postby GJ

Lucky balls wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:does anyone know if 2 tables are shown online for the welsh open because last year i remember robbo being on the 2nd table and it was also available onlline

Are you sure? I thought the Welsh was purely a BBC Wales production with no online nor red button action? Just BBC Wales and Eurosport?

well i remember robbo played burnett and ronnie was playing on table 1 at the same time and robbos match was online as well it wasnt on bbc website but was available on an other site

Postby Roland

rofl

That old commentator irritates me too.

I'm sure I've watched on BBC Wales and when a match is at the interval they should you catch up from the other table so it wouldn't be too surprising if the BBC website gave you both tables.

Postby GJ

robbo will face either holt or liu song in round 1 on monday

stevens will play gould or pinches in the final qualifying round also on monday

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:robbo will face either holt or liu song in round 1 on monday

stevens will play gould or pinches in the final qualifying round also on monday

Gould will beat Stevens if he gets past Bazza Pinches. <ok>

Postby Roland

I think Gould will beat Steven too