Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 21st) Last 32 !!

Postby Ck147

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Why cant people just bucking listen.

I Dont want to come down hard on no bucker on here but i do not want hammering behaviour from sausage heads on here either ive warned people and warned people until im blue in the bucking face and im sick to buck of it.

Im going to sleep on it but tomorrow heads will roll on here believe me.

To be fair only Smart (I think) was disrespectful, which comes as no surprise given his past behaviour on here.

But yeah comments like that will simply not be tolerated by me, Dan, Wild or any other mod. Dan banned Smart and rightly so.

Banter is great, it gives a more relaxed approach, but this is still a Snooker Forum and the biggest tournament of them all, so let's just enjoy great Snooker from the best players on the planet.

I think you're right Andre, it started going downhill from about page 40/41 on this thread.

Postby Wildey

OK ive made my decition

Smart is a sausage and he only had one thing on his mind and that desrupting this site and some of you got caught up in it easily done with trolls.

Therefore it would be unfair to ban anyone based on tonight and who was involved in it (ie Smart)

ive now unbanned Ash on license so let tonight be a lesson to you we as Mods want to enjoy the snooker not worrying about a few going on a rampage we cant have a repeat of tonight its not fair on anyone.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:OK ive made my decition

Smart is a sausage and he only had one thing on his mind and that desrupting this site and some of you got caught up in it easily done with trolls.

Therefore it would be unfair to ban anyone based on tonight and who was involved in it (ie Smart)

ive now unbanned Ash on license so let tonight be a lesson to you we as Mods want to enjoy the snooker not worrying about a few going on a rampage we cant have a repeat of tonight its not fair on anyone.

Wow, what happened?

One night where I log off early....

Postby Holden Chinaski

So even Smart doesn't get banned? :shock:

Postby Ash147

SnookerFan wrote:
Ash147 wrote:I feel sorry for Tian, he was the better player in both sessions. Maguire had some incredible luck to win that match. Fortunately he’s very likely to crumble against Ronnie in round 2.

Nice to see you too.

Postby Ash147

It’s disappointing to see Brecel lose in the first round again. I remember watching him make his Crucible debut in 2012, and being really impressed with the 17 year old. He had so much potential, but seven years on he’s still unable to beat Gary Wilson in round 1.

I know people will say Brecel is still young, but compare him to Judd aged 25. He’d reached the Final once, the Semi-finals twice, the Quater-finals once, and the second round once.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Ohh no hes Banned alright

Postby Iranu

<ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Ohh no hes Banned alright

<ok>

Postby Koninkaulus

Koninkaulus wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Deewee wrote:
aimlesswandeer wrote:How many mainland Europeans have qualified for the Crucible, never mind won a match? Helgason doesn’t count as Iceland isn’t in mainland Europe. There is Maflin Georgiou and Hull who are all English anyway, and Luca and that may be it.

Hull was born and raised in Finland and has lived there his whole life. The rest of them sure

I wonder why Konninklaus is not a Robin Hull fan?

Well, Sadsnoopyslayer, Robin being Finnish is not a good enough reason for me to be a fan of his. I don't passionately support Finnish athletes in any sport. I may wish they do well if I find them likeable, but that's about it.

I don't particularly dislike Hull, but he's not the kind of player I'm excited to watch and I haven't seen anything in his personality that would make me actively root for him either. I have to say that I wasn't following snooker when he was at his best though.

In recent years, Hull has occasionally done some guest commentary for Finnish Eurosport during the World Championship. Not horrible at that, but quite...grumpy, I guess.

One year I remember hearing him on Eurosport was 2016. During the semi-final, McManus was seen shaking his head in his chair while Ding was compiling a break. I don't know what your local commentators said about that (if anything), but Robin was very critical of Angles. Sarcastically said something like "Nice attitude this guy has!" etc. The criticism itself was perfectly valid in my opinion, because as much as I like McManus that was a rather weird thing to do. Hull's bluntness did make me wonder if there were some old issues between him and Angles, but I know nothing about that.

Edit: Deewee, Robin was born and raised in Finland but I believe he lived in London for over a decade. Doesn't make a difference in the discussion you were having of course.

A bit of news about Hull. He was considering retirement due to his health issues, but our local Eurosport commentator just mentioned that Robin is taking part in Q School. Another Finn looking to gain a tour card there is Heikki Niva, a former gymnast.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Is Emma Thompson a good actress?

Never understood why everyone raved about her. But then haven't seen any films she was in.

She's been in the Harry Potter films.

I've just clocked something.

I was getting Emma Thompson confused with Emma Watson.

It was Emma Watson I didn't understand why people rated about.

Only took the best part of a week to realise my mistake. I'm not very good at knowing about celebrities.