Post a reply

Worth Remembering The Chain of Events......

Postby JohnFromLondonTown

I posted this up on the 606 website because I was a little deterred, lets call it, seeing all the one way traffic against John Higgins by those that think they know.......

Great for the game that John Higgins has been exonerated on any match fixing charges.

It is worth remembering however the chain of events leading up to this 'sting', which were....

John Higgins was beaten by Steve Davis in the World Championship on the Saturday, the 24th of April. Not many fancied Steve Davis to beat John Higgins, (myself included) & had he won, would have moved on to play Neil Robertson in the quarter final which was taking place on the Tuesday & Wednesday the 27th & 28th of April. The 'sting' that took place in Kiev, took place on the Friday, which was the 30th of April.

Our World Championship started on the Sunday, the 2nd of May, which the toilet paper in question who run this story, ensured they got maximum exposure. Had John Higgins also beaten Neil Robertson, he wouldn't have even been on Kiev in the first place as he would have been participating in the semi-final, which started on the Thursday, the 28th of April & ran through to Saturday, the 1st of May, which is worth remembering.

Please Understand that John Higgins was not the target here. He was knocked out by Steve Davis, a rejuvenated Steve Davis, & like most of us, John likes a beer & seen this as a trip to get away from it all.

As was proven in the case, he was 'hoodwinked' into going on this trip, & if the Man is guilty of anything, by his own admission, it was his own naivety.

I'm not expecting everyone to understand all of this, & looking at previous threads on here (606), either I, or John Higgins, can expect a barrage of abuse. I won't be deleting any of those comments, I'll let people make their own minds up on what people post/think & let others work out them peoples' side of character for posting comments like that.

John Higgins is a Champion of our game, a 3 time World Champion at that, & a true Professional with it. That's worth remembering too.

Re: Worth Remembering The Chain of Events......

Postby Wildey

yes Remember John Higgins was NOT the target of the NOTW Pat Mooney was.

they must have had information he was involved in this but John Higgins wasn't or the Sting would have been on Higgins Firstly which this was not the case.

Higgins got Caught up in it through having nothing else to do at that time.

Postby randam05

Good post John, like I said in another thread I want this all to be forgotten about and enjoy watching Higgins again hopefully at his best. He should not be judged by his snooker on this case and lets hope none of his fans turn away as hes good for the sport and the case wasnt, so its time for it to be forgotten about.

Postby Thompson Lykes

Higgins only crime was not reporting what happened. Which immediately makes everyone suspicious.

I think there was a bit of plea bargaining going on yesterday, making sure everyone got some kind of a result.

Higgins, for as long as he plays, will be a victim of the nudge-nudge, wink-wink brigade. Even if they are just talking about his status as the world number one stupid wally.

And that is something he is guilty of.

Postby Smart

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:I posted this up on the 606 website because I was a little deterred, lets call it, seeing all the one way traffic against John Higgins by those that think they know.......

Great for the game that John Higgins has been exonerated on any match fixing charges.

It is worth remembering however the chain of events leading up to this 'sting', which were....

John Higgins was beaten by Steve Davis in the World Championship on the Saturday, the 24th of April. Not many fancied Steve Davis to beat John Higgins, (myself included) & had he won, would have moved on to play Neil Robertson in the quarter final which was taking place on the Tuesday & Wednesday the 27th & 28th of April. The 'sting' that took place in Kiev, took place on the Friday, which was the 30th of April.

Our World Championship started on the Sunday, the 2nd of May, which the toilet paper in question who run this story, ensured they got maximum exposure. Had John Higgins also beaten Neil Robertson, he wouldn't have even been on Kiev in the first place as he would have been participating in the semi-final, which started on the Thursday, the 28th of April & ran through to Saturday, the 1st of May, which is worth remembering.

Please Understand that John Higgins was not the target here. He was knocked out by Steve Davis, a rejuvenated Steve Davis, & like most of us, John likes a beer & seen this as a trip to get away from it all.

As was proven in the case, he was 'hoodwinked' into going on this trip, & if the Man is guilty of anything, by his own admission, it was his own naivety.

I'm not expecting everyone to understand all of this, & looking at previous threads on here (606), either I, or John Higgins, can expect a barrage of abuse. I won't be deleting any of those comments, I'll let people make their own minds up on what people post/think & let others work out them peoples' side of character for posting comments like that.

John Higgins is a Champion of our game, a 3 time World Champion at that, & a true Professional with it. That's worth remembering too.

John - you highlight one important point.

The DJ vs Davis match was dodgey (very dodgey). <ok>

Hello stalin my old friend. :D

You've come to talk with me again, was it a vision softly creeping, that planted a seed in your head while you were sleeping? And did that vision, that was planted in your brain, does it still remain? Is it the sound, of Johnboy?

Postby gallantrabbit

Higgins v Davis was dodgy? No it wasn't it was a test of nerves.
Would Higgins give up the chance to win 250 straight grand to parakeet 11 grand more? No.
Were there any irregular betting patterns? No.
You can make an argument out of anything but this won't stick. Davis Higgins was sport and never take away the sparkle from sport.
Higgins wa naive, his manager worse.
I'm looking forward to Higgins's return and am glad this is all over.

gallantrabbit wrote:Higgins v Davis was dodgy? No it wasn't it was a test of nerves.
Would Higgins give up the chance to win 250 straight grand to parakeet 11 grand more? No.
Were there any irregular betting patterns? No.
You can make an argument out of anything but this won't stick. Davis Higgins was sport and never take away the sparkle from sport.
Higgins wa naive, his manager worse.
I'm looking forward to Higgins's return and am glad this is all over.

Ditto

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:I posted this up on the 606 website because I was a little deterred, lets call it, seeing all the one way traffic against John Higgins by those that think they know.......

The amount of people being against Higgins speaks volumes as to what the mainstream snooker fans think of the so called investigation

I'm sure Stephen Lee , Steven McGuire and Jamie Burnett wished they were facing this investigation team instead of criminal charges

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:

The amount of people being against Higgins speaks volumes as to what the mainstream snooker fans think of the so called investigation

I'm sure Stephen Lee , Steven McGuire and Jamie Burnett wished they were facing this investigation team instead of criminal charges

:chin:

Postby Wildey

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:

after the criminal investigation ends they will face them but until thats finished with its out of the WPBSA Hands.

the law comes first.

John never broke any law so his case was straight in to the WPBSA hands.

the other 3 has all this to come in 1 way or another.

What is it they say in Glasgow, 'Get te buck'.

I'd imagine them words have gone through McGuire's mind since, if approached. I'd be surprised at Stephen Lee, can't see it myself.

I remember when Burnet turned Pro, he can only be about 35 ish now, he was about 17 wehen he turned Pro & I remember playing table tennis after he won to get through to play Alex Higgins. I shook his hand & told him well done.

I met him about 18 months later in Sheffield, in one of the minor ranking events, I was 3-1 down @ H-T against Karl Burrows I think it was, met JH at the interval, & he come & sat in me corner for the rest of me match. After, I met Burnett again, he had grown into a man & had a bit of a swagger about him, the same one he does now, went off him sharpish.

wild, if you don't mind, would you do me another favour please? What year did Jamie Burnet play Alex Higgins in, It must have been 92/92 cos that was the only time I played. <laugh>

Genuine, I'm pretty sure it was the British Open. How did he Jamie Burnett get on against Alex Higgins back then?

Postby Smart

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Hello stalin my old friend. :D

You've come to talk with me again, was it a vision softly creeping, that planted a seed in your head while you were sleeping? And did that vision, that was planted in your brain, does it still remain? Is it the sound, of Johnboy?

come again............... :chin:

In English perhaps. <ok>

Postby Wildey

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:wild, if you don't mind, would you do me another favour please? What year did Jamie Burnet play Alex Higgins in, It must have been 92/92 cos that was the only time I played. <laugh>

Genuine, I'm pretty sure it was the British Open. How did he Jamie Burnett get on against Alex Higgins back then?

Give me any idea what tournament lol

StalinESQ wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:Hello stalin my old friend. :D

come again............... :chin:

In English perhaps. <ok>

How about in Sound instead? :dance: Your not a Music Man are you, get the beat, No...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDYxgDO5bCI

Postby GrumpyMrDavros

JohnFromLondonTown wrote:
I met him about 18 months later in Sheffield, in one of the minor ranking events, I was 3-1 down @ H-T against Karl Burrows I think it was, met JH at the interval, & he come & sat in me corner for the rest of me match. .

Did you tell him you were a Russian gangster and you'd pay him 261,000 big ones if he sat in the corner ?

wildJONESEYE wrote:
JohnFromLondonTown wrote:wild, if you don't mind, would you do me another favour please? What year did Jamie Burnet play Alex Higgins in, It must have been 92/92 cos that was the only time I played. <laugh>

Give me any idea what tournament lol

British Open wild, I'm nearly sure of it. I remember the night mate.

GrumpyMrDavros wrote:
I met him about 18 months later in Sheffield, in one of the minor ranking events, I was 3-1 down @ H-T against Karl Burrows I think it was, met JH at the interval, & he come & sat in me corner for the rest of me match. .

Did you tell him you were a Russian gangster and you'd pay him 261,000 big ones if he sat in the corner ?

No, I smiled instead. :D

StalinESQ wrote:Stop talking in bullocks riddles John. <ok>

Riddles? My name's John, your names Stalin, & Your telling me about riddles?
Ask me a question & you'll get an answer.

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:Stop talking in balls riddles John. <ok>

straight john bull

Postby Smart

Rewind.

You start a thread.

People respond.

You then make riddle comments that make no sense to sane people let alone those on crack or heavily drunk.

People then question your comments.

You then give stories about your 1 or 2 years in the pro game.

People question why you do not respond to your riddles earlier............

rocket_ron wrote:
rocket_ron wrote:straight john bull

What does that mean?

it means you dont mess about, you give an answer "straight john bull" down the line no messing

Sound. <ok> I'll answer stalin's jibberish now.

Postby Rocket_ron

StalinESQ wrote:
StalinESQ wrote:Stop talking in balls riddles John. <ok>

Rewind.

You start a thread.

People respond.

You then make riddle comments that make no sense to sane people let alone those on crack or heavily drunk.

<laugh>

StalinESQ wrote:

Rewind.

You start a thread.

People respond.

Are you referring to this question...."Did you tell him you were a Russian gangster and you'd pay him 261,000 big ones if he sat in the corner ?"

Which I replied too as..."No, I smiled instead. :D "

Is that what your referring too? If not, please let me know what you are referring too & I will answer.....<ok>