Post a reply

Mark Davis a Master?

Postby Alex0paul

Mark Davis currently stands at 18th in the provisional rankings. 700 points of 16th place and with a decent chance of reaching a semi final could Mark Davis be the most unlikeliest player in the history of snooker to reach the top 16 and gain a direct place at the Masters?

Davis has actually played in the Masters when he defeated Cypriot Mehmet Husnu in the final of the 2002 B&H Championship. Unfortunatley for Mark he lost 6-5 to McManus in the wildcard round.

Re: Mark Davis a Master?

Postby GJ

Alex0paul WC wrote:Mark Davis currently stands at 18th in the provisional rankings. 700 points of 16th place and with a decent chance of reaching a semi final could Mark Davis be the most unlikeliest player in the history of snooker to reach the top 16 and gain a direct place at the Masters?

Davis has actually played in the Masters when he defeated Cypriot Mehmet Husnu in the final of the 2002 B&H Championship. Unfortunatley for Mark he lost 6-5 to McManus in the wildcard round.

well deserved if he gets the spot <ok>

when is the cut off point as stevens may have a chance of making the masters

:afro:

Postby Bourne

If he makes it then good on him, places shouldn't be refused just because he's not a 'big name'.

Postby Witz78

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Alex0paul WC wrote:Mark Davis currently stands at 18th in the provisional rankings. 700 points of 16th place and with a decent chance of reaching a semi final could Mark Davis be the most unlikeliest player in the history of snooker to reach the top 16 and gain a direct place at the Masters?

Stevens will lose his Bahrain runners up points from 08/09 at the start of the next rankings so he may drop out of the top 16 before the Masters

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

Stevens will lose his Bahrain runners up points from 08/09 at the start of the next rankings so he may drop out of the top 16 before the Masters

needs at least a semi's place here and a good run at the world open

Postby Witz78

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

needs at least a semi's place here and a good run at the world open

yeh that would help keep him in the top 16 for the Masters but hes almost done enough to make the top 16 for the 1st cut off after the World Open but any extra points he can gain in this and the World Open will help as then he wont be under major pressure at the UK and the last few PTCs to get the points he needs, cos we know what happens when Stevens needs points rofl <doh>

Anyway back to Davis and yeh i think hes a stick on for the top 16 at the next cut off point but ill be honest to admit i dont like him.

Postby Alex0paul

Witz78 wrote:
yeh that would help keep him in the top 16 for the Masters but hes almost done enough to make the top 16 for the 1st cut off after the World Open but any extra points he can gain in this and the World Open will help as then he wont be under major pressure at the UK and the last few PTCs to get the points he needs, cos we know what happens when Stevens needs points rofl <doh>

Anyway back to Davis and yeh i think hes a stick on for the top 16 at the next cut off point but ill be honest to admit i dont like him.

Stevens is still 17th with points factored in for this week so far. The main problem also the players just above him that are in reaching distance are all still left in the tournament with one guaranteed a quarter final spot.

Postby Roland

I've been backing Mark Davis in all predictions events since his 6 reds win last December and he's also in my fantasy team. He's not letting me down. If he gets top 16 then I say he deserves it. About time obviously.

Postby randam05

Yes good player, was suprised with the form he showed in last years china open was it? where he made a 140 or something and that had some good stat to go with it? Hes playing very well at the moment and with the new rankings he deserves it and im sure he would be glad to say hes entered the top 16 in his career, and who knows what position he could climb up to this season.

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:Yes good player, was suprised with the form he showed in last years china open was it? where he made a 140 or something and that had some good stat to go with it? Hes playing very well at the moment and with the new rankings he deserves it and im sure he would be glad to say hes entered the top 16 in his career, and who knows what position he could climb up to this season.

yeh hes got so little points to lose (5950) i think from the rest of the season so hes going to def hit the top 16 at some point soon this season.

Hendry is due for a big drop soonwith all the points hes has to lose :john:

King was a loss today away from being in line to losing his top 16 place, as it is now hes going to survive again :mood:

Postby randam05

Not to mention ryan day! :D hes a gonner. Dont know if we will see him regain his top 16 spot when he drops out...he needs to get his act together and soon. I dont like watching him so i dont mind at all! :) :farmer:

Postby Witz78

randam05 wrote:

Not to mention ryan day! :D hes a gonner. Dont know if we will see him regain his top 16 spot when he drops out...he needs to get his act together and soon. I dont like watching him so i dont mind at all! :) :farmer:

yeh Days down in 20th place the now and since hes also out of the World Open already hes heading for the qualifiers in the next quarter of the season.

Postby randam05

All depends how he does in the qualifiers.. if he doesnt cope with it well I wouldnt be suprised to see him drop out of the top 32 and further.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:

no whoever is top 16 at the end of this cut off plays at the masters.

this might explain it http://snookerscene.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... earer.html