Topic locked

Shanghai Masters Last 16 Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

The Shanghai masters has reached the Last 16 stage with Ronnie Missing its wide open

Previous Winners

2007 Dominic Dale beat Ryan Day 10-6
2008 Ricky Walden beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-8
2009 Ronnie O'Sullivan beat Liang Wenbo 10-5

DRAW

Order of Play

BST
Last 16 and Quarter Finals
1ST Session=7.30am
2nd Session=12.45pm

Semi Finals and Final
1ST Session=7.00am
2nd Session=12.45pm

Re: Shanghai Masters Last 16 Discussion!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Last 16 Draw

Jamie Burnett v Andrew Higginson
Mark Davis v Stephen Maguire
Mark Williams v Greame Dott
Jamie Cope v Ding Junhui
---------------------------------------------------------
Ali Carter v Stuart Bingham
Mathew Stevens v Shaun Murphy
Mark Selby v Martin Gould
Mark King v Peter Ebdon

Postby Witz78

ITS A JOKE MARK KING KEEPS ON GETTING THESE EASY ROUND 1 DRAWS AND SCRAPING THROUGH TO ROUND 2 AND GETTING THE EXTRA RANKING POINTS HE NEEDS TO CONTINUE TO STAY AMONG THE ELITE. HE WANTS TO TRY AND WIN A ROUND 2 GAME ONE OF THESE YEARS - OH NO I FORGOT, HES OUT OF HIS DEPTH, ONLY THESE CONTINUAL LUCKY DRAWS ARE SAVING HIS BACON.

ONCE HE GETS A TRUMP OR SOMEBODY ELSE IN ROUND 1 HELL BE EXPOSED.

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:ITS A JOKE MARK KING KEEPS ON GETTING THESE EASY ROUND 1 DRAWS AND SCRAPING THROUGH TO ROUND 2 AND GETTING THE EXTRA RANKING POINTS HE NEEDS TO CONTINUE TO STAY AMONG THE ELITE. HE WANTS TO TRY AND WIN A ROUND 2 GAME ONE OF THESE YEARS - OH NO I FORGOT, HES OUT OF HIS DEPTH, ONLY THESE CONTINUAL LUCKY DRAWS ARE SAVING HIS BACON.

Well he had Walden twice last year. I know what your saying but its up to the other players to beat him, there is more pressure on him but his opponents aren't good enough. :huh2:

Postby Wildey

its a joke hendry gets the form player of the round aswell but thats how the cookie crumbles.

im still baffeled how you say standards are higher and players that reach the last 32 are a joke :huh2: :?

contradiction or what.

Postby Witz78

wildJONESEYE wrote:its a joke hendry gets the form player of the round aswell but thats how the cookie crumbles.

im still baffeled how you say standards are higher and players that reach the last 32 are a joke :huh2: :?

contradiction or what.

no its just the ones that King gets that are the joke !!!

Whats these rumours of match fixing today my mates been texting me about? he says the Ding match had all the hallmarks of being a fix for the Chinese to make a fortune through the in-running betting?

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:its a joke hendry gets the form player of the round aswell but thats how the cookie crumbles.

contradiction or what.

Whats these rumours of match fixing today my mates been texting me about? he says the Ding match had all the hallmarks of being a fix for the Chinese to make a fortune through the in-running betting?

Ah come off it, your having us on? Not today of all days? Must be a rumour.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

buck me pink <doh>

is that what its come to every time there a comeback it must be a fix

god i need a puking smiley

Postby Witz78

case_master wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

contradiction or what.

Ah come off it, your having us on? Not today of all days? Must be a rumour.

Dont shoot the messenger :)

Postby GJ

good luck stevens

wild

any idea if MATTHEW is on one fo the 2 tv tables

cheers

Postby Witz78

StalinESQ wrote:
Bourne wrote:Do your mates have any proof ?

they have a video, a vodka salute, a comment about paying off a mortgage in Spain......................no, nothing really <laugh>

HAHA EXACTLY

Postby GJ

Any time you beat the World Champion, it's an excellent result," said Ebdon,

:afro:

Robertson WC said: "It's really disappointing. I've struggled to sleep since I've been here and maybe that's why my record in China is not very good. Peter's a tough draw and he had a bit of luck today - sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't. It wasn't an attractive game."

the following stats back up what robbo says

shanghai results for robbo

2007 - round 1 exit
2008 round 2 exit
2009 -round 1 exit
2010 - round 1 exit

robbo hates shanghai

FACT :afro:

bring on world open :D <cool> :ahh:

Postby Smart

GJtheaussiestud wrote:Any time you beat the World Champion, it's an excellent result," said Ebdon,

:afro:

Robertson WC said: "It's really disappointing. I've struggled to sleep since I've been here and maybe that's why my record in China is not very good. Peter's a tough draw and he had a bit of luck today - sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't. It wasn't an attractive game."

At least he never blamed his defeat on his persistent cough. <ok>

Postby Wildey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:good luck stevens

wild

cheers

not a clue mate i dont even know whitch matches in which session yet when i do ill post it up

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:good luck stevens

wild

cheers

not a clue mate i dont even know whitch matches in which session yet when i do ill post it up

thanks mate :afro:

Postby Casey

I should have pointed out earlier but this season looks like it will be Stephen's last in an unbroken run in the top 16 <ok>

I think under the old system had he fallen out of the top 16 he would have retired but under the new system...who knows?

Postby GJ

Nice to see gould winning no offence to hendry gould seems a nice lad and was very sporting in the worlds after losing

where is hendry ranked at the moment case ?

Postby Wildey

I Watched all of that match and Martin Gould played better than anyone so far this tournament.

the closest ive seen to one chance snooker and his safety play was top notch aswell.

Postby GJ

wildJONESEYE wrote:I Watched all of that match and Martin Gould played better than anyone so far this tournament.

the closest ive seen to one chance snooker and his safety play was top notch aswell.

good he has taken the positives fROM losing to the WC and is still playing well

Postby Bourne

GJtheaussiestud wrote:
wildJONESEYE wrote:I Watched all of that match and Martin Gould played better than anyone so far this tournament.

good he has taken the positives fROM losing to the WC and is still playing well

<laugh>

Postby Casey

GJtheaussiestud wrote:Nice to see gould winning no offence to hendry gould seems a nice lad and was very sporting in the worlds after losing

After this tournament about 12th or 13th.

Postby GJ

case_master wrote:
GJtheaussiestud wrote:Nice to see gould winning no offence to hendry gould seems a nice lad and was very sporting in the worlds after losing

cheers

Postby Smart

he was VERY sporting, shame Robbo WWC was not............. :wave:

anyway I wonder how far Robbo WWC has travelled on his journey home <laugh>

Postby Wildey

case_master wrote:

http://prosnookerblog.com/rankings/2010 ... -rankings/

i doubt he will fall lower than 13th i reckon he will stay 12th

but he has to get it together now but in all honesty he was unlucky who he got in the draw there was 15 others that would have made it easier for him.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:ITS A JOKE MARK KING KEEPS ON GETTING THESE EASY ROUND 1 DRAWS AND SCRAPING THROUGH TO ROUND 2 AND GETTING THE EXTRA RANKING POINTS HE NEEDS TO CONTINUE TO STAY AMONG THE ELITE. HE WANTS TO TRY AND WIN A ROUND 2 GAME ONE OF THESE YEARS - OH NO I FORGOT, HES OUT OF HIS DEPTH, ONLY THESE CONTINUAL LUCKY DRAWS ARE SAVING HIS BACON.

I take it you don't feel strongly about this. <laugh>