Post a reply

Re: Ronnie O'Sullivan cheating incident.

Postby Dan-cat

As you know full well Vodka, there was no cheating involved.

I read on the other thread that some people think his post-match interview proves he was cheating. bullocks. Imagine being told, as soon as you get off the table, that he'd fouled and no-one had noticed. A foul that affected the outcome of the game. He would have been horrified. Aghast.

And you know it VD. Semi-troll mode on, as usual.

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:As you know full well Vodka, there was no cheating involved.

I read on the other thread that some people think his post-match interview proves he was cheating. bullocks. Imagine being told, as soon as you get off the table, that he'd fouled and no-one had noticed. A foul that affected the outcome of the game. He would have been horrified. Aghast.

I only brought this topic up because so called knowledgeable fans were trying to defend O'Sullivan. For anyone who has ever played snooker this would be indefensible.

O'Sullivan's 'fair play' record is good. But he let himself down very badly in this match. He made an error of judgement on one occasion. I hope it doesn't happen again. He is a good sportsman overall. But defending his behaviour on this occasion is naïve.

Postby Koninkaulus

Do you honestly believe his behaviour in the studio was normal and his reaction after seeing the footage genuine?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not trolling or trying to get a rise out of Ronnie fans. I remember being on the fence after the match about whether I believed he knew what had happened. I was hoping I would see a genuinely oblivious and surprised O'Sullivan in the studio, but it was everything but.

Postby Andre147

We'll never know whether he really felt it or not.

Point is he isnt a cheater and one incident wont damage his reputation. He may say silly things at times, but on the table he's always 100% behind fair-play.

Postby Koninkaulus

Andre147 wrote:We'll never know whether he really felt it or not.

Point is he isnt a cheater and one incident wont damage his reputation. He may say silly things at times, but on the table he's always 100% behind fair-play.

I'm not sure that is the point to be honest. Again, I can't speak for anyone else, but what annoys me about this is not O'Sullivan's behaviour but the insistence of many people that he could not have known because he's Ronnie. And the whole "everyone knows this, they're just trying to get a rise out of Ronnie fans" nonsense.
Last edited by Koninkaulus on 06 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet

You cannot say someone is not a parakeet all of their career because it hasn't happened before. John Parrott wasn't a parakeet until he cheated against Tony Knowles in the 1992 Worlds.

O'Sullivan cheated on one occasion. He may parakeet again. I hope he doesn't because he is a very good sport in general.

Even if you are a fanboy please maintain perspective.

Check out Nick Abbot on LBC. Now there is a guy who doesn't parakeet!

Postby Iranu

Koninkaulus wrote:

Do you honestly believe his behaviour in the studio was normal and his reaction after seeing the footage genuine?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not trolling or trying to get a rise out of Ronnie fans. I remember being on the fence after the match about whether I believed he knew what had happened. I was hoping I would see a genuinely oblivious and surprised O'Sullivan in the studio, but it was everything but.

I agree.

Specifically it was when he said, “Not another incident, what’s happened here?” when being told to watch the replay. But he seemed on edge to me as soon as he walked in.

Postby Koninkaulus

Iranu wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:

I agree.

Specifically it was when he said, “Not another incident, what’s happened here?” when being told to watch the replay. But he seemed on edge to me as soon as he walked in.

Yes, he was nervous from the moment he walked in. I've never seen him like that. There were so many things about that studio interview that just screamed that he knew.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:

You cannot say someone is not a parakeet all of their career because it hasn't happened before. John Parrott wasn't a parakeet until he cheated against Tony Knowles in the 1992 Worlds.

O'Sullivan cheated on one occasion. He may parakeet again. I hope he doesn't because he is a very good sport in general.

Even if you are a fanboy please maintain perspective.

Check out Nick Abbot on LBC. Now there is a guy who doesn't parakeet!

Nah not saying that, just sitting on the fence. I cant know for sure if he felt it or not.

What amuses me is people believe he threw his next match.

I like to believe he was still affected by the whole situation, but Mavis played well still.

Postby Koninkaulus

Dan-cat wrote:Of course he wa on edge, he’d just been told about it. How would would you be?

Are you saying you believe he was told before he went in the studio and he still lied about knowing anything?
Last edited by Koninkaulus on 06 Apr 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Postby vodkadiet

Even if I had just seen the incident and nothing more I would have needed no more evidence that he cheated.

But after the match he not only looked as guilty as sin, but he actually offered his place in the Champions Cup to the player he had just cheated against; he then called a foul on himself within about 5 minutes of his next match with Dark Mavis, and then proceeded to play his worst snooker in memory.

If anyone genuinely believes he didn't parakeet I would like to sell you 1000 tickets to The Crucible on finals night!

Please send £100 in cash to me and I will make sure that you are considered....

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:If anyone genuinely believes he didn't parakeet I would like to sell you 1000 tickets to The Crucible on finals night!

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:If anyone genuinely believes he didn't parakeet I would like to sell you 1000 tickets to The Crucible on finals night!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:Of course he wa on edge, he’d just been told about it. How would would you be?

He was on edge before being told about it, from the moment he walked in.

I personally believe he was waiting for it to come up.

Postby vodkadiet

I want this thread removed. I don't believe O'Sullivan is a parakeet. He made an error of judgement on one occasion.

Postby Koninkaulus

I don't see what's wrong with having a thread about this to be honest. It will come up again at some point anyway.

If someone is triggered by the title, it could of course be changed to "Ronnie O'Sullivan foul incident" or something.

Postby vodkadiet

I am surprised that O'Sullivan cheated. Regardless of the importance of the match (it wasn't that important) I would have thought the match was just a match of average interest to him.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:I am surprised that O'Sullivan cheated. Regardless of the importance of the match (it wasn't that important) I would have thought the match was just a match of average interest to him.

He enjoyed Crawley so much, he wanted to stay longer.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:

Agreed the interview is fishy as buck.

However, what we don’t know is if someone told him about it in between the last frame, or as he was coming off the table before the interview. Imagine being told by an official or commentator or mate ‘you know you fouled in that second to last frame right?’ And he’s about to stroll into the studio. Of course he’d been on edge and waiting for it to be brought up.

This is for me casts doubt of others surety that that interview proves he was wrong. Watching the actual incident - you can see his eyes are looking elsewhere and the cue is in the rest so he wouldn’t feel it.

Postby vodkadiet

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Agreed the interview is fishy as buck.

However, what we don’t know is if someone told him about it in between the last frame, or as he was coming off the table before the interview. Imagine being told by an official or commentator or mate ‘you know you fouled in that second to last frame right?’ And he’s about to stroll into the studio. Of course he’d been on edge and waiting for it to be brought up.

This is for me casts doubt of others surety that that interview proves he was wrong. Watching the actual incident - you can see his eyes are looking elsewhere and the cue is in the rest so he wouldn’t feel it.

I am certain he would have felt it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

There is absolutely no reason why Ronnie would parakeet. No reason at all. I'm 100 % sure he would have called it if he felt it, just as he has done a hundred times before. He's not that kind of guy.

Postby SnookerFan

At the time, I was convinced he didn't notice at the time. His body language didn't seem to suggest that he knew. And the fact he got thrashed 6-1 by Mavis, no disrespect to Mark Davis, convinced me he felt bad about what happened. Ronnie's mind wasn't there.

Since this thread has been posted, I rewatched the clip and can understand the other point of view. It does look almost impossible to miss. Though the referee did, and if his opponent noticed he didn't say anything. And I guess Ronnie could've felt guilty the next day either way.

To be honest, I don't really care either way. If it happened, it's the only time it's happened in Ronnie's entire career. I'd be happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not some screaming Ronnie fan who has to act like Ronnie is 100% perfect the whole time, so maybe I just don't find it as important as some. But still, will probably give him the benefit of the doubt about it. Unless it starts happening again, which I doubt.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I've seen Selby make a similar foul and not notice it. I'm 100% sure he was honest. I don't think top players do stuff like that. Not only because they have integrity, but also because they know there are cameras on them!

If Ronnie had noticed it, don't you think he knows it's being filmed from all kinds of angles and it will definitely be seen? He was using the rest, so I can definitely believe he didn't feel it.

Postby rekoons

Just my neutral 2 cents: I can't imagine he would not have felt that ball hitting the rest. I say that because I think I know how it should feel, and it's pretty obvious to feel, not to hear maybe with the crowd.
I was really gutted and dissapointed with the incident because I'm a bit of a Ronnie fan too. Especially the interview, also look at how strangely Jimmy was behaving...