Post a reply

XingPai China Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 1st ~ Sunday 7th of April at the National Olympic Sports Centre Stadium, Beijing, China

A interesting quarter final line up of youth and Experiance theres Sam Craigie in his first quarter final, Scott Donaldson and the youngest player in the field Luca Brecel (24) all 25 or younger and Jack Lisowski is 27.

Then Ben Woollaston and Neil Robertson in their 30s and then at the Older spectrum Stuart Bingham at 42 who turned pro the year Luca Brecel was Born in 1995 and then its Alan McManus at the age of 48 playing in his first Quarter Final match since he reached the semi finals of the 2016 World Championship.

This round signals the end of one session matches of the season from Saturday its Best of 19 or longer.

Who will make it to the semi finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Sam Craigie v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 3-0
Alan McManus v Luca Brecel Brecel leads 2-0
----------------------------------------
Jack Lisowski v Stuart Bingham Tied at 3-3
Ben Woollaston v Scott Donaldson Never Played Before

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: XingPai China Open Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Watch out for Sam Craigie in the future. I am better than Hendry at predicting future stars of the sport. Probably better than Wild too but that would be closer.

i predicted great things for Craigie when he was in q school

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Watch out for Sam Craigie in the future. I am better than Hendry at predicting future stars of the sport. Probably better than Wild too but that would be closer.

i predicted great things for Craigie when he was in q school

Fair enough - I bow to your knowledge. I think he will make a push now. Joe O'Connor too.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey is not great at predictions. Remember the last contests we had, he didn't get to win any. :chuckle:

Postby Vallomas

It still hurts me when I remember how Craigie lost to Robertson in a qualifier for the 2016 International Championship. Having potted the match-ball red, he tried a blue to clinch the frame and the match, but miscued it giving Robbo the points that needed and the chance to clear the table. In the next one or two frames, Neil completed the comeback.

Sam also lost in a similar way to Robbo in last year's China Open (2nd round) and the result was to lose his tour place after the shocking defeat to Jimmy White in the WSC qualifiers.

I hope that this time he will win, although Robertson playing far better snooker now than the two previous occasions.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Vallomas wrote:It still hurts me when I remember how Craigie lost to Robertson in a qualifier for the 2016 International Championship. Having potted the match-ball red, he tried a blue to clinch the frame and the match, but miscued it giving Robbo the points that needed and the chance to clear the table. In the next one or two frames, Neil completed the comeback.

Sam also lost in a similar way to Robbo in last year's China Open (2nd round) and the result was to lose his tour place after the shocking defeat to Jimmy White in the WSC qualifiers.

I hope that this time he will win, although Robertson playing far better snooker now than the two previous occasions.

I think it will be a one sided match

Postby Badsnookerplayer

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:The Chinese takeover of Snooker continues with a total of zero players left in the tournament.

I worry that the Chinese might lose interest in the tour.

Seems unlikely atm but look at other countries where it was big like Australia and Canada.

Postby Alex0paul

Nah give it 10 years and half the tour will be Chinese. They’re the only decent players actually coming through

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:The Chinese takeover of Snooker continues with a total of zero players left in the tournament.

I worry that the Chinese might lose interest in the tour.

Seems unlikely atm but look at other countries where it was big like Australia and Canada.

Australia and Canada never had the pure numbers that China has on the tour.

It’s taken longer than expected (probably because of the lack of amateur game) but they’ll eventually break through. There have been enough near-misses in recent seasons for me to be confident of that.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:

Wildey is not great at predictions. Remember the last contests we had, he didn't get to win any. :chuckle:

Im the World Prediction King

Twice Champion
3 times Runner up
and 4th place

6 times out of 9 events ive been in the running to win and done twice

Postby Godot

Alex0paul wrote:Nah give it 10 years and half the tour will be Chinese. They’re the only decent players actually coming through

This, the good players under 25 on tour are almost exclusively Chinese. Although there hasn't been much in the line of an elite breakthrough this season which is disappointing -Bingtao has been a particular disappointment. Haotian really should have beaten Selt in India though.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Im the World Prediction King

Twice Champion
3 times Runner up
and 4th place

6 times out of 9 events ive been in the running to win and done twice

This is quite the record.

I’ve entered two comps. Won one. Look at my trophy :-D

Postby Holden Chinaski

Godot wrote:If the Snooker Gods came to Luca and said to him 'we will give you the China Open title in exchange for a 1st round defeat at the Crucible' would he take it?

No.

Postby SnookerFan

Godot wrote:If the Snooker Gods came to Luca and said to him 'we will give you the China Open title in exchange for a 1st round defeat at the Crucible' would he take it?

No. He'd want his loss to be in the second round.