Post a reply

Players facing relegation

Postby mick745

As it stands the following players are facing relegation from the circuit and will have to face Q School. Obviously one or more can have a good run at one of the remaining two tournaments and save themselves. Personally I am a bit sad to see Totten and Kleckers drop off as they are a couple of decent youngsters. Some of the others have had plenty of chances before and it will be nice to see some new blood to replace those.

Gerard Greene (has qualified for China Open)
Peter Lines
Xu Si (has qualified for China Open)
Jimmy White
Zhang Yong
Nigel Bond (has qualified for China Open)
Robin Hull
Allan Taylor
Paul S Davison
Ross Muir
Rod Lawler (has qualified for China Open)
Li Yuan
Billy Joe Castle
Chris Totten
Niu Zhuang
Chen Zifan
Soheil Vahedi
Ashley Hugill
Hamza Akbar
Lukas Kleckers
Sanderson Lam
Sean O'Sullivan
Rhys Clark
Basem Eltahhan (hasn't played since Dec and is unlikely to play in WSC)

Re: Players facing relegation

Postby The_Abbott

Alex0paul wrote:Paul Davison will fly through Q School

The Q School Master. We need a young apprentice to come though.

Some young players like Chris Totten and Billy Joe Walton Castle have been disappointing

Bond, Nigel Bond will have his tour licence provoked.

Postby Vallomas

Rod Lawler has a good opportunity to earn at least 6,000 more valuable pounds/ranking points in China, as he faces Thor Chuan Leong in the 1st round there. If he wins, he will make 11,000 from this tourney alone (assuming that he will be defeated in the 2nd round, where he will possibly face Kyren Wilson) and he will give himself a good chance to save his place via the 1 year list - of he course he will need to win the 1st WSC qualifying round, which gives 10,000 this year.

We should also put Dominic Dale and Rory McLeod in the mix. Robbie Williams and Liam Highfield are also in danger and a possible 1st round exit in the Worlds Qualifiers will be disastrous for any of them.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

mick745 wrote:Dominic Dale has announced his retirement i think so is out of any potential relegation battles.

I thought that was conditional upon his relegation from the tour?

Postby eraserhead

So Ken has done well enough to get back his tour card? It's a bit messed up. I think the game would be better if these senior players went into coaching and helped the next player break through rather than trying to cling on.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

eraserhead wrote:So Ken has done well enough to get back his tour card? It's a bit messed up. I think the game would be better if these senior players went into coaching and helped the next player break through rather than trying to cling on.

Now that is a good idea - put some effort into getting youngsters playing

Postby D4P

eraserhead wrote:So Ken has done well enough to get back his tour card?

He's currently in 78th place on this season's Ranking Points list...

Postby D4P

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
D4P wrote:
eraserhead wrote:So Ken has done well enough to get back his tour card?

He's currently in 78th place on this season's Ranking Points list...

provisionally 56

Ah, so. In 10 events, he made it to the 3rd round once and the 2nd round 3 other times. The 5,000 points he has already made at the China Open equals his largest payday this season...

Postby The_Abbott

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
mick745 wrote:Dominic Dale has announced his retirement i think so is out of any potential relegation battles.

I thought that was conditional upon his relegation from the tour?

That's what I thought. Same with Ebdon. They won't retire if they are still on the tour.

Postby Vallomas

Ebdon is a different story, I think, as he doesn't face relegation danger and he said that he's considering retirement at the beginning of the season.

I guess that in case that Peter qualifies for the Crucible, he will announce his retirement. If he doesn't, he will continue for one more season.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Vallomas wrote:Ebdon is a different story, I think, as he doesn't face relegation danger and he said that he's considering retirement at the beginning of the season.

I guess that in case that Peter qualifies for the Crucible, he will announce his retirement. If he doesn't, he will continue for one more season.

I think he would love to bow out at the Crucible

Postby TheSaviour

Ken has been good recently, so can´t see a reason why he should be packing it in.

My friend, the money always is been spent. That´s not an excuse.

If a player has some solid earning which is always going to be good enough, it doesn´t make any matter how much money is been spent in order to make that income to happen. But the tour needs to get smaller. The one doesn´t need any budget.

So it is a battle of a red jackets and shirts versus the brown jackets and shirts. The red´s always solid and good, and original too. That´s the future of the fashion.

And luckily enough we all still have a room to pick a joke of where will succumb. Straighly on a next day. But there´s no any further room or a space. And not even just that, we all still have both hands and legs working and absolutely everything is still possible.... Just don´t mention the names Antony McGill and Shaun Murphy anymore, and you´re doing just fine and all the good :D :D :D :D . The game just can´t be just all about a few players.

Ken :-D :-D :D :D :D :D .