Post a reply

Tour Championship: superior to the Masters?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes : 14

Re: Tour Championship: superior to the Masters?

Postby gallantrabbit

definitely not. I don't think we need this third leg to be honest...
I'm not one to refuse a good match or any snooker, but I'd rather see another ranker than this glorification of the top boys. I'm a bit bored of seeing the same 5 or 6...

Postby eraserhead

It’s been a great ournament, would be better if you had a way to watch every match in full. Longer matches doesn’t automatically make it better, the masters feels like a unique event. This doesn’t look or feel different than the othr ITV events.

Postby TheSaviour

Naah.

But I am worried to sick about Ronnie. Whether that´s always the Masters or now this now when he plays snooker like this.. Ain´t good ain´t good. Doesn´t look good regarding the Worlds now.

Why is he taking on shots which are a complete no-brainers? Obviously he plays some really sublime and good stuff also. But those too "pride" shots once again are there. It once again means that the other top boys are once again going to have a top, top preparations while Ronnie having none. Is he lacking the patience? He talks about the next 7 minutes while the university lads and the ladies talks about the next 7 years. A bit different, yes. But Ronnie´s still class, make no mistake. He has the distances right, while some are struggling with those. What´s the distance? 1000 miles. Well, make it look like that also. But just a mention; 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015. Not much deep runs anymore.....

And the Masters can cause some worries regarding the players who are bobsleighing down their careers. They took Jimmy White just to having a go there when and while he was clearly losing it. It only made things worst to Jimmy White. And now this has snowballed; it´s not just about Jimmy White anymore, also the likes of Shaun Murphy, Kyren Wilson and Stephen Maguire could well be packing it in. No matter how much top of their games they now ever would be, it wouldn´t be ANYMORE good enough to win anything! I would argue so. Or if they still wins something, it´s just down to the extremely low quality of playing out there... Which also is something they don´t particularly like at all. That´s why they could be packing it in, not just Jimmy White or Ken Doherty... But then, obviously they still fancies to up and raise their games. Just personally can´t see they would actually possessing the potential much and deep enough.

D Dale has been instrumental to raise the safety-game. He just can´t settle down to be a solid break-builder frame in, frame out anymore. If he even ever has been able to do that.

The overall-standards are now raising. So a very difficult to judge this Coral-series right now... Only the time will tell. But the Masters ain´t good, basically, because it only causes some top players to bobsleigh down to their careers and goals and aims.

Postby SnookerFan

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:They need to do something to make the events more distinct. Something like the globes that the Crucible used to have or the flowers that were at the Masters.

Agreed.

In February and March it feels like we've watched the same tournament three times.

Postby D4P

Perhaps instead of playing every event on tables with a cloth baize, they could mix in some events on tables with a clay surface, or a grass surface, or a hard concrete-like surface...?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:They need to do something to make the events more distinct. Something like the globes that the Crucible used to have or the flowers that were at the Masters.

Agreed.

In February and March it feels like we've watched the same tournament three times.

And with Robbo v Ronnie Final again, it does seem 2 weeks ago revisited again.

Not enough variety.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:Reckon if we clubbed together we could get the Snooker Island Tour Championship?

Only if the trophy is a silver miniature replica of Roland.

Or a Crucifix in honour of The Saviour

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:They are all irrelevant. The Crucible is where is matters. The rest are as significant as this moron!

https://twitter.com/search?q=Nigel%20Farage&src=tyah

If the Crucible is where it matters only, why do all players even bother with the other 95% of the tournaments?

The season in your view should consist of World Championships only. Back to the good old Joe Davis era!

Postby D4P

Pink Ball wrote:I’m every bit as good as Ding Junhui and Jimmy White

Me too! There have been 20 winners of the WSC in the modern era, which means that billions of other people are tied for being the 21st best snooker player in the world.