Post a reply

Re: Coral Tour Championship Semi Finals !!

Postby Ck147

Well done Robbo, think he will win tomorrow has more to prove and is on good form. Also think Ronnie is done, Trump took everything out of him, not sure he can recover from that, poor Ronnie :) (Emojis disappeared, WTF, I was enjoying them - back to normal crappy tablet tomorrow)

Postby Ck147

Ck147 wrote:Well done Robbo, think he will win tomorrow has more to prove and is on good form. Also think Ronnie is done, Trump took everything out of him, not sure he can recover from that, poor Ronnie :) (Emojis disappeared, WTF, I was enjoying them - back to normal crappy tablet tomorrow)

Err, not sure what's happening, but found the emojis :happy: :D

Off now, see you tomorrow...

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Ck147 wrote:Well done Robbo, think he will win tomorrow has more to prove and is on good form. Also think Ronnie is done, Trump took everything out of him, not sure he can recover from that, poor Ronnie :) (Emojis disappeared, WTF, I was enjoying them - back to normal crappy tablet tomorrow)

He had one full day and one half day off. He should be fine.

Postby TheRocket

Robertson is aware of his poor H2H against Ronnie. You could see that in his post match interview in the studio with Hendry and McManus when he touched on it. He has to prove he can beat Ronnie in those very big matches. And a 3 session final is the perfect occasion to do so.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:Robertson is aware of his poor H2H against Ronnie. You could see that in his post match interview in the studio with Hendry and McManus when he touched on it. He has to prove he can beat Ronnie in those very big matches. And a 3 session final is the perfect occasion to do so.

When you are capable of beating the likes of Selby, Trump and Higgins in multi session matches then its only a matter of time that he beats Ronnie in a multi session match. Hope it isnt tomorrow.

Postby mantorok

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Robertson is aware of his poor H2H against Ronnie. You could see that in his post match interview in the studio with Hendry and McManus when he touched on it. He has to prove he can beat Ronnie in those very big matches. And a 3 session final is the perfect occasion to do so.

When you are capable of beating the likes of Selby, Trump and Higgins in multi session matches then its only a matter of time that he beats Ronnie in a multi session match. Hope it isnt tomorrow.

Should be a good match.

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:

Well no doubt he's capable. In fact its surprising he hasnt done it yet.

But if it ever happens I'd rather take a defeat here than at the Crucible. Because atm its looking quite likely they could already meet in the quarters of the WC.

Postby Erza Scarlet

masterdoctorgenius wrote:When you are capable of beating the likes of Selby, Trump and Higgins in multi session matches then its only a matter of time that he beats Ronnie in a multi session match. Hope it isnt tomorrow.

Yep Robertson can beat Ronnie next season in a multi-session final, just not tomorrow or at the QF of the Worlds this year. I want Ronnie to tie Hendry's ranking tournaments tomorrow and surpass it with a 6th worlds title. No mercy.

Postby Ck147

Alex0paul wrote:England v Czech Republic will be on instead at work tonight I think

Just watched the highlights, England did good, is Southgate the one to take us all the way next time?

Postby Alex0paul

Very convincing win against a decent Czech team. I think we’ve got some of the best youngsters coming through at the moment so hopefully a decade of decent tournaments to come.

Postby Ck147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ck147 wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:England v Czech Republic will be on instead at work tonight I think

Just watched the highlights, England did good, is Southgate the one to take us all the way next time?

No. Nobody will.

Someday we will, but long after we are dead and buried. More likely Robbo will get another WC before that happens!

Postby TheRocket

Alex0paul wrote:Very convincing win against a decent Czech team. I think we’ve got some of the best youngsters coming through at the moment so hopefully a decade of decent tournaments to come.

I always thought you were a Scot.

Postby Dan-cat

D4P wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:This shot Ronnie played to free the black... so much genius on display I missed this!

https://youtu.be/xpC07WUUU_E?t=21328

Good point. It looks like he's just playing a regular old safety off of that red that was blocking the black from being potted in the left corner...

Actually I think i got the time wrong on this clip. The shot is off the yellow. IT's at 5:57:48