25%
John Higgins
60%
Michael Holt
10%
Other: please state
No votes

Total votes : 20

Re: Who is Ronnie's biggest ever nemesis?

Postby Cloud Strife

All of these guys have had the wood over Ronnie at various points in their careers.

Trump looks the most dangerous of the lot at the moment, mostly because he has age on his side and the confidence to go with it. I can only see their personal h2h tilting more and more in Judd's favour as Ronnie ages.

Postby TheRocket

Its either Higgins or Trump for me.

Because I've never seen ROS looking as subdued or anxious against Selby like he's looking against Trump atm.
Or did against Higgins at times in the past.

But against Selby he always played at a decent level.
Last edited by TheRocket on 21 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Johnny Bravo

It's Higgins by a mile, everyone should know that by now. They're about the same age and if one of them hadn't been around, the other would have won almost double what they have now.

Trump is getting the better of ROS atm, but he's also way younger, so the comparison is not exactly valid.

Postby Dan-cat

TheRocket wrote:Its either Higgins or Trump for me.

Because I've never seen ROS looking as subdued or anxious against Selby like he's looking against Trump atm.

The 2014 World Final?! He looked like a rabbit in the headlights on the second day when Selby started coming back

Postby TheRocket

Dan-cat wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Its either Higgins or Trump for me.

The 2014 World Final?! He looked like a rabbit in the headlights on the second day when Selby started coming back

Selby freezed him out in that match. Making frames scrappy and didnt give him easy chances. The type of game which ROS hates the most and which is his biggest weakness. Right now he'd do a lot better in those frames I'd have to say though.

But overall point is. When he played Selby in all those matches he fancied his chances to 100% and even when Selby won a few of these matches it was always close. Selby never really outplayed him. Ronnie however did outplay him a few times.

But against Higgins and Trump I've seen some kind of anxiety in his game. As if he didnt believe he could win.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Biggest ever? Higgins. Current one? Trump. It's state the obvious day.

Lol yeah.

Higgins because he has played him more times than any other player.

And right now Trump.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:It's Higgins by a mile, everyone should know that by now. They're about the same age and if one of them hadn't been around, the other would have won almost double what they have now.

Trump is getting the better of ROS atm, but he's also way younger, so the comparison is not exactly valid.

Good post.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Anyone else think Ronnie has a better chance of beating Selby at the WC than Judd? Ronnie can outscore Selby and is willing to play the scrappy frames these days in contrast to Judd who can outscore Ronnie at present and take time away from him.

Weird but that's how I'm feeling lol

Postby TheRocket

Erza Scarlet wrote:Anyone else think Ronnie has a better chance of beating Selby at the WC than Judd? Ronnie can outscore Selby and is willing to play the scrappy frames these days in contrast to Judd who can outscore Ronnie at present and take time away from him.

Weird but that's how I'm feeling lol

Nothing weird imo. Trump is Ronnies biggest problem atm. More than Selby is. And as I said before. Against Selby Ronnie always seems to play at a decent level. Its like if he relishes the challenge.

Against Trump he doesnt atm. Doesnt mean it wont change in near future but this is the current state.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Cast your votes.

Hendry

Ronnie would be 7 times World Champion if it wasent for Hendry in 1999 and 2002.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

Hendry

Ronnie would be 7 times World Champion if it wasent for Hendry in 1999 and 2002.

How can you know for sure he would beat MJW and Ebdon?

MJW was playing great stuff, and Ebdon could have done his head in like 3 years later.

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:

Hendry

Thats hardly an argument. You could also say Hendry would have been a 9 time World Champion if it wasnt for Ronnie in 2004 and 2008.

Postby eraserhead

I voted Higgins. Similar age played against each other tons and stopped each other winning important titles.