Post a reply

Re: World Championship 2019 countdown

Postby Wildey

Godot wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Prize money is a stupid way to decide 'ranking points', because that's at least partially determined by sponsorship.

The ranking points system does needs to be re-evaluated. The money for the Worlds is just so heavy compared to other events. Someone could lost every game all season and just reach the last 32 here and they'd possibly have more ranking points than someone who has won a dozen games.

17-17 in the decider on the black winner gets £500,000 loser gets £200,000 its obserd in ranking terms that much difference to a player ranking position.

the difference there is more than winning the UK and Players Championship Ronnies 2 ranking success this season.

Postby D4P

Wildey wrote:17-17 in the decider on the black winner gets £500,000 loser gets £200,000 its obserd in ranking terms that much difference to a player ranking position.

the difference there is more than winning the UK and Players Championship Ronnies 2 ranking success this season.

And winning the China Open is worth 15,000 more points than winning 3 Home Nations events. Silly.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:YES BAGLEY!

:mex: :mex:

Bagley Watch Thread?

Oh mate, it has to be. Doesn't it?

Has to

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:There is no way ronnie is winning this now. J-Bags is in town.

Bagley scoffs at Ronnie's recent achievement, and will make 1000 centuries in just this tournament.

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:Each snooker island member should bet a pound to Jonathan Bagley as 2019 World Snooker Champion.

He'd get done for irregular betting patterns.

Postby TheRocket

This has been looking very good so far isnt it? We have a lot more in form players this year than last season.

You have 4-5 players who look in great shape atm and then another 4-5 who either seem to come back to form or who are naturally a contender to win for different reasons. Because of experience, longer format and stuff like that.

Could be a very high standard WC. Certainly more high standard than last year.

Postby Pink Ball

sas6789 wrote:Can't wait for my first ever trip to the Crucible on opening day!!

My first time walking in there, I was one of the first in the queue and the place was before me, empty; felt like I was walking into this place cut off from the rest of the world. Almost a mystical feeling.

I can't tell you what exactly aura is, but the Crucible has it.

Postby Dan-cat

Pink Ball wrote:
sas6789 wrote:Can't wait for my first ever trip to the Crucible on opening day!!

My first time walking in there, I was one of the first in the queue and the place was before me, empty; felt like I was walking into this place cut off from the rest of the world. Almost a mystical feeling.

I can't tell you what exactly aura is, but the Crucible has it.

I know right? Magic in those breezeblocks

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Ronnie is breaking this season all the records yet again. The one thing that is really missing for him is another win in Sheffield. After last night, he has beaten all the other top players in big matches this season, he is closing in on the 36 ranking titles, he got to the 1000 centuries, he is about to get to World number 1 afer all these years.

A sixth World Title is the last missing piece. It has to be this year or it might never happen.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie is breaking this season all the records yet again. The one thing that is really missing for him is another win in Sheffield. After last night, he has beaten all the other top players in big matches this season, he is closing in on the 36 ranking titles, he got to the 1000 centuries, he is about to get to World number 1 afer all these years.

A sixth World Title is the last missing piece. It has to be this year or it might never happen.

ROS will win it and then us Ronnetes will celebrate by making a barbecue in front of Vodka's house. :mosh:

Postby HappyCamper

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie is breaking this season all the records yet again. The one thing that is really missing for him is another win in Sheffield. After last night, he has beaten all the other top players in big matches this season, he is closing in on the 36 ranking titles, he got to the 1000 centuries, he is about to get to World number 1 afer all these years.

ROS will win it and then us Ronnetes will celebrate by making a barbecue in front of Vodka's house. :mosh:

you can barbecue vegetables and tofu