Post a reply

With how many tons will ROS finish his career ?

a) 1100+
12%
b) 1200+
53%
c) 1300+
18%
d) 1400+
No votes
e) 1500+
18%

Total votes : 17

ROS career tons total

Postby Johnny Bravo

A landmark has been achieved last night by snooker's GOAT ROS.
Now that he has passed the 1000th tons, only one question remains: How many tons will ROS end up with by the time he retires ?

IMO that depends on 2 major factors:
1. how long he'll continue to play the game.
2. the level of play he can attain in his final years.

Given the fact that he's 43 years old, the poll doesn't allow you to opt for more than 1500+, but anything above that is unrealistic IMO.

And now to quote the GOAT of posts from this forum (with the discrete help of Wildey, who banned Ash, thus eliminating the competition), our own SnookerFan: Discuss. :-)
And don't forget to cast your vote. <cool>

Re: ROS career tons total

Postby HustleKing

Voted for 1100-1199, but would have voted 1000-1099 if it was an option :hmmm:

Postby HustleKing

SnookerFan wrote:2000+

Maybe if Ronnie becomes a guinea pig for a human cyborg experiment <laugh>

Postby Johnny Bravo

HustleKing wrote:Voted for 1100-1199, but would have voted 1000-1099 if it was an option :hmmm:

I didn't include that cause I reckon ROS will play at least 2 more years. Given that he makes around 50+ a year, I thought he's gonna get at least 1100.

Postby Andre147

I voted 1300+, I think he'll still be playing when he's 50.

His game might start to decline a bit, but his breakbuilding will always be there.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:I voted 1300+, I think he'll still be playing when he's 50.

His game might start to decline a bit, but his breakbuilding will always be there.

I think the same.

Postby vodkadiet

I think all this century breaks stuff is garbage. But for the record I would say he will make about 5,000 centuries.

Postby DougFraser

I'll go with 1200.

I think he will reach 1130 or so by the end of the 2020/2021 season but then have to play another 2-3 years as I think he'll be playing fewer and fewer tournaments so we might see those last ones trickle in.

Postby SnookerFan

DougFraser wrote:I'll go with 1200.

I think he will reach 1130 or so by the end of the 2020/2021 season but then have to play another 2-3 years as I think he'll be playing fewer and fewer tournaments so we might see those last ones trickle in.

Nice avatar.

Postby Vallomas

I voted for 1200+

I also think that he will play until his early 50s, but I expect from him an average of 50 centuries per season at least until 2022, when I think that he will still be able to play as good as now. With 20-30 per season for his final seasons (of decline), he may end with 1250-1280 centuries.

Postby Andre147

Erza Scarlet wrote:1300+

Based on 50+/year ratio and up to safe age of 50.

I think his scoring power will be the very last thing to go from his game.

Definately.

Postby eraserhead

1200+ I went with. Like everyones said his scoring is the most consistent part of his game. All depends on how much he wants to enter, wouldn't be surprised to see him do another season like 2015/16 where he skipped a lot of the big events.

Postby vodkadiet

O'Sullivan will reach the milestone of 5000 career centuries at The Crucible in 2053 when he is still trying to equal Hendry's 7 World titles...

Postby Johnny Bravo

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan will reach the milestone of 5000 career centuries at The Crucible in 2053 when he is still trying to equal Hendry's 7 World titles...

If anyone is able to make 5000 tons, he'll instantly become the GOAT, even if he doesn't win a single world title. :hatoff:

Do u realize what making 5000 tons would mean ?! :dizzy:
It would be the equivalent of someone being able to run the 100 m in 9 seconds flat.

ROS has the best century per frame ratio in history at 1 ton per every 11 frames, and still, despite that, it has taken him over 26 years to make 1000 tons.

For someone to make 5000 he would have to play 10 years and make around 500 a year or, in the worst case scenario, play 26 years while making around 200 every year.

NOBODY, and I really mean NOBODY can ever achieve such a feat. :hmmm:
They would have to invent a humanoid robot that doesn't miss in order to get to such numbers. :dizzy: