Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Semi Finals !!

Postby Ck147

Actually I think I might patent "replyiophobia", I reckon lots of people suffer from it across many forums - the fear of replying to an Internet forum post that might result in ridicule.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:oooooh!

You should change that before Wildey's wife checks the posts later

I think it was her that banned me before. :no:

Dunno about that but you should give Wild some respect man. If it weren't for him we would not have a forum.

He banned me but he was fair about it and he is just trying to protect this place.

There’s many people here who could run this site better than Wildey. He knows what I think about him. I’ve said it to him once, and I have no problem saying it to him again.

That is quite ungracious really - I think less of you after that post. Not that I suppose that is very important.

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Dunno about that but you should give Wild some respect man. If it weren't for him we would not have a forum.

He banned me but he was fair about it and he is just trying to protect this place.

There’s many people here who could run this site better than Wildey. He knows what I think about him. I’ve said it to him once, and I have no problem saying it to him again.

Rape jokes are incredibly tasteless. I’ve come out with plenty tasteless jokes myself in my time but I’ve always accepted my warnings from Wildey — because he’s normally right. As he was in your case.

If you live by the sword, you can’t complain when you die by it. Have some bucking balls.

Postby Ck147

Ash, calm down. I've run a forum in the past and it isn't all honey and unicorns. Anyone who puts their time into something like this deserves some respect.

Postby vodkadiet

Ash147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Anyone who goes out of their way to mention that someone is gay or might be gay is homophobic.

Says the least tolerant person on this planet. If someone doesn’t conform to your narrow ideological points of view, you want them dead.

Yet another ill thought comment from a person who thinks this planet is designed for him, and him alone.

You have no substance and neither have your arguments.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:That's a matter for debate, Ash. But there are plenty of words that contain words, or parts of words, that aren't directly related to them.

That doesn't change what the definition of homophobia is, or that the word you used is homophobic.

Arguing that based on linguistics is a little disingenuous to be fair.

It still shouldn’t be called a phobia, it’s just not accurate. I’m not someone who’s easily snake hissed off about linguistics, but this one is just not right. Anyone who is genuinely homophobic should not be sharing the name of their condition with someone who chooses to hate gay people.

There’s too many of these bull terms that have been made to describe a few people who behave like the runts that they are.

None of that changes the fact that you used an anti-gay slur that's been used for decades to ostracise, insult and demonise homosexual people and has caused a lot of people a lot of pain. That you don't personally ascribe the word "homophobic" to it isn't the point.

Postby Ash147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Rape jokes are incredibly tasteless. I’ve come out with plenty tasteless jokes myself in my time but I’ve always accepted my warnings from Wildey — because he’s normally right. As he was in your case.

If you live by the sword, you can’t complain when you die by it. Have some bucking balls.

It was an incredibly mild joke, as far as the internet goes. Ironically it was probably one of the tamer things I’ve said on this particular forum, but it got me banned.

I think that Wildey was simply in a bad mood, and decided to take it out on me at that moment in time.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:That's a matter for debate, Ash. But there are plenty of words that contain words, or parts of words, that aren't directly related to them.

That doesn't change what the definition of homophobia is, or that the word you used is homophobic.

It still shouldn’t be called a phobia, it’s just not accurate. I’m not someone who’s easily snake hissed off about linguistics, but this one is just not right. Anyone who is genuinely homophobic should not be sharing the name of their condition with someone who chooses to hate gay people.

There’s too many of these bull terms that have been made to describe a few people who behave like the runts that they are.

None of that changes the fact that you used an anti-gay slur that's been used for decades to ostracise, insult and demonise homosexual people and has caused a lot of people a lot of pain. That you don't personally ascribe the word "homophobic" to it isn't the point.

The word flower was very briefly used to denegrate homosexuals. I’m sure you’re aware of it’s original meaning? I personally use it as as an alternative for things like idiot, prat or muppet. Most people I know call each other derogatory terms as a joke, including flower. Cut the faux outrage.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

To be fair Ash, it was me that made a fuss about the rape joke and that might have led to the ban. That was not my intention, but the responsibility for what you post rests with you. I have made many stupid jokes and comments myself but I have tried to fit in with the feel of the place and learn from my stupid rubbish.

You are a good lad who loves his snooker but why fight everyone? You are very valued here and it should be a place that you enjoy coming to. Not a place to get angry.

Focus on the green baize.

Postby Ash147

vodkadiet wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Anyone who goes out of their way to mention that someone is gay or might be gay is homophobic.

Says the least tolerant person on this planet. If someone doesn’t conform to your narrow ideological points of view, you want them dead.

Yet another ill thought comment from a person who thinks this planet is designed for him, and him alone.

You have no substance and neither have your arguments.

I’ve never suggested that the planet is designed solely for myself, nor do I believe that to be the case. Stop acting like you can read people’s minds, you goon.

Postby vodkadiet

This Ash147 clown is no doubt homophobic. Anyway, he is the one with the problem and not the gay people whom he uses slurs against.

Postby Ash147

vodkadiet wrote:This Ash147 clown is no doubt homophobic. Anyway, he is the one with the problem and not the gay people whom he uses slurs against.

I do not suffer from homophobia, nor do I hate gay people. I have never insulted a gay person. I judge people on the content of their character, not on their unchangeable characteristics.

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

It was an incredibly mild joke, as far as the internet goes. Ironically it was probably one of the tamer things I’ve said on this particular forum, but it got me banned.

I think that Wildey was simply in a bad mood, and decided to take it out on me at that moment in time.

There isn’t a such thing as a mild rape joke.

Calm the buck down. Don’t be a pussy. You screwed up, you were rightly punished, now take your ban like a man. A lot of us have screwed up, you’re not that special.

Postby Ash147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I think it was her that banned me before. :no:

There isn’t a such thing as a mild rape joke.

Calm the buck down. Don’t be a pussy. You screwed up, you were rightly punished, now take your ban like a man. A lot of us have screwed up, you’re not that special.

Of course there is such a thing as a mild rape joke. I’ve heard some awful ones, which I’d never want to repeat again. Then you get the ones like I said, which most people on the internet wouldn’t bat an eyelid at.

I’m not suggesting I’m special, I just think that Wildey took his bad mood out on the first person he saw do something he didn’t like, which was me.

Postby Ck147

Ash, sorry mate you are a muppet. I know where you are coming from (I like pushing boundaries too but do it with friends/co-workers), but you are in a public forum for a specific subject where you are a guest of the site owners/mods. Can see why you got banned.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

The word flower was very briefly used to denegrate homosexuals. I’m sure you’re aware of it’s original meaning? I personally use it as as an alternative for things like idiot, prat or muppet. Most people I know call each other derogatory terms as a joke, including flower. Cut the faux outrage.

I'm perfectly aware of the origins of the word.

Just like you're perfectly aware that it's now an anti-gay slur. The whole reason it's used as an insult is down to its use as a homophobic slur.

Pontificate all you want, you're just making yourself look more silly.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

I'm perfectly aware of the origins of the word.

Just like you're perfectly aware that it's now an anti-gay slur. The whole reason it's used as an insult is down to its use as a homophobic slur.

Pontificate all you want, you're just making yourself look more silly.

I’ve never used it as an anti-gay slur, so I’m comfortable using it how i please. So kindly go buck yourself.

Postby Ash147

Pink Ball wrote:Ah yes, mild rape jokes. The lighter side of rape.

I think I’ll log out before I say something I’ll regret later.

The more difficult subjects are the ones that need to be joked about the most. No topic is out of bounds when it comes to humour, as far as I’m concerned. All of the best comedians who have ever lived would agree with that.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:

The more difficult subjects are the ones that need to be joked about the most. No topic is out of bounds when it comes to humour, as far as I’m concerned. All of the best comedians who have ever lived would agree with that.

You'll probably be surprised to learn that I generally agree with this.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

No that doesn’t surprise me. It surprises me more that Pink Ball disagrees with it.

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:

I totally agree with you. What you’ll find, however, is they make fun of the right people when discussing these topics. At least the best ones do.

Postby Ash147

Pink Ball wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

I totally agree with you. What you’ll find, however, is they make fun of the right people when discussing these topics. At least the best ones do.

What was different about my joke? I thought it was pretty hilarious, and i certainly wasn’t punching down.

Postby Pink Ball

Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

No that doesn’t surprise me. It surprises me more that Pink Ball disagrees with it.

No I don’t bucking disagree with it. It might have been funny if you discussed the topic of rape and made fun of people who are rapists, or people who defend rapists. You didn’t bring anything remotely interesting or humorous to the table.

I made two terrible jokes about Seema Jaswal and Rory McKeod a few years back. Everyone shouted me down, and they were right. They weren’t funny. Your joke wasn’t either.
Last edited by Pink Ball on 11 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Guess what Ash. It's not actually about you.

The words I chose to use and how I chose to use them is entirely about me.

I know you're not so self-involved that you actually believe that.