Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Semi Finals !!

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:Wildey

You don't ban people for homophobia, yet you ban people for insignificant banter.

Homophobia is just as bad as racism or speciesism.

Give me evidence of homophobia and ill ban them this second.

i cant troll through every post to see them i rely on people reporting it then ill look at every case individually.

and Ash for the record on every other forum you would be banned for life for what you just said to a mod so your lucky im so reasnable

Postby Ash147

Wildey wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Wildey

You don't ban people for homophobia, yet you ban people for insignificant banter.

Homophobia is just as bad as racism or speciesism.

Give me evidence of homophobia and ill ban them this second.

i cant troll through every post to see them i rely on people reporting it then ill look at every case individually.

and Ash for the record on every other forum you would be banned for life for what you just said to a mod so your lucky im so reasnable

You’re pretty unreasonable, to be fair. I think you could use a big dose of humility.

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:Homophobia is non existent, as far as I’ve seen. I’ve never met anyone who’s irrationally afraid of a gay person.

You haven't a clue what homophobia is like.

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Homophobia is non existent, as far as I’ve seen. I’ve never met anyone who’s irrationally afraid of a gay person.

I’ve never seen it present in my life, so no I probably don’t. Next time I see someone running in fear from a gay person, I’ll let you know.

Postby Andre147

Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I’ve never seen it present in my life, so no I probably don’t. Next time I see someone running in fear from a gay person, I’ll let you know.

Homophobia isn't being afraid of a gay man. The term fobia is wrongly placed. It means insulting all gay people for being just who they are.

So no, you haven't a clue what homophobia is like.

Postby Ash147

Pink Ball wrote:

You either don’t know many people or are in denial.

I’ve met quite a few people in my life. I’ve never known anyone who was afraid of a gay person though.

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Homophobia isn't being afraid of a gay man. The term fobia is wrongly placed. It means insulting all gay people for being just who they are.

So no, you haven't a clue what homophobia is like.

The word phobia means an irrational fear of something. What you’re talking about is people who don’t like gay people. That’s not a phobia, that’s people being runts.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

A phobia is an extreme or irrational fear of OR AVERSION to something. Are you saying this doesn't exist?

You come across as a hammer sometimes, Ash. You are only repeating stuff you've heard people say in youtube videos. Grow up.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

A phobia is an extreme or irrational fear of OR AVERSION to something. Are you saying this doesn't exist?

You come across as a hammer sometimes, Ash. You are only repeating stuff you've heard people say in youtube videos. Grow up.

Read my above post. I’m not repeating anything from YouTube, this is my own opinion. I’m indifferent to gay people.

Postby Andre147

Don't take it so literally mate.

I know phobia is being afraid of something. Do you really think when someone says "you're homophobic" he means you are afraid of a gay person?

Of course not.

Postby Ash147

Andre147 wrote:Don't take it so literally mate.

I know phobia is being afraid of something. Do you really think when someone says "you're homophobic" he means you are afraid of a gay person?

Of course not.

The use of language matters. Homophobia suggested that a person would be irrationally afraid of homosexual people. This is not true. There are many reasons why people might not like homosexuals, but irrational fear isn’t one of those reasons.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:

Of course not.

The use of language matters. Homophobia suggested that a person would be irrationally afraid of homosexual people. This is not true. There are many reasons why people might not like homosexuals, but irrational fear isn’t one of those reasons.

Definition of -phobia:
1 : exaggerated fear of

2 : intolerance or aversion for

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Of course not.

Definition of -phobia:

A phobia is a horrible mental health problem, with which many people struggle to control. It should not be conflated with those who voluntarily hate gay people.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Of course not.

Definition of -phobia:

A phobia is a horrible mental health problem, with which many people struggle to control. It should not be conflated with those who voluntarily hate gay people.

From the Oxford dictionary;
'We define a phobia as an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something’.
Don't you think some people have an irrational aversion to gay people?

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:There's a gay bloke on my estate who is built like a brick shithouse and has three bull terriers.

I am afraid of him but I am not sure if it is irrational.

Homophobe

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Of course not.

Definition of -phobia:

From the Oxford dictionary;
'We define a phobia as an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something’.
Don't you think some people have an irrational aversion to gay people?

It’s entirely possible, but i imagine that makes up an incredibly small amount of people. You also shouldn’t be brandishing those people as horrible, because as like all phobias, it’s out of their control. You should feel sorry for anyone who has a phobia. People who chose to hate gay people are not homophobic, because it’s completely within their control that they behave that way.
Last edited by Ash147 on 10 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ck147

Thanks. Agree with your sentiment but right or wrong most people don't think about it that way.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ash, you once asked me if I had read Ayn Rand, which I have. Have you?

Which book(s)?

Which have you read?

The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ash, you once asked me if I had read Ayn Rand, which I have. Have you?

Which book(s)?

Which have you read?

Did you like them? May I ask how old you are?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Ash147 wrote:
Ck147 wrote:Thanks. Agree with your sentiment but right or wrong most people don't think about it that way.

Most people don’t think.

A lot of people have an irrational aversion to gay people. That is just a fact. Those people don't think.

Postby Ash147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

Which book(s)?

Which have you read?

Did you like them? May I ask how old you are?

Yes I thought they were both fantastic, although I have a slight preference for Atalas Shrugged. They have certainly helped me to see a different side of things that’s not offered in the mainstream, and needless to say have influenced my views on certain issues. I am 26.