Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Quarter Finals !!

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:What a call from Hendry lol

What did he say?

Higgins was on a slightly tricky red, not guaranteed to get position for a colour. Had to screw back with some power. Hendry immediately said be careful with the middle pocket. And he was right.
Last edited by TheRocket on 08 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

What did he say?

Higgins was on a slightly tricky red, not guaranteed to get position for a colour. Had to screw back with some power. Hendry immediately said be careful with the middle pocket. And he was right.

That's why you need one former player commentating. To make calls like that.

The ideal pairing for me is a journalist who knows all the facts about the game, knows who all the current players are etc and a player who has played at a high level, that can explain what is happening on the table at any given time.

This is a balance the BBC in particular never seem to get right.

Postby SnookerFan

Rockettim147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Higgins makes easy work of Ronnie, by thrashing the heavily out of form Ronnie 6-0.

We may never see Ronnie's tournament winning form come back. Gone are the days of December 2018. Long gone.

Wtf?

I was just joining in with Ronnie fans. <ok>

Postby masterdoctorgenius

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

What did he say?

That's why you need one former player commentating. To make calls like that.

The ideal pairing for me is a journalist who knows all the facts about the game, knows who all the current players are etc and a player who has played at a high level, that can explain what is happening on the table at any given time.

This is a balance the BBC in particular never seem to get right.

Rolf Kalb is still figuring out how that in off happened.

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:Ronnie makes too many unforced errors. And his shot selection is can be garbage at times.
Looks like 5-4.

He's trying to play the perfect safety shot everytime. Using a lot of side, playing 3 or 4 cushion shots. Sometimes you need to play a containing one. Like the good old Selbo does.

He's gifted Higgins tons of chances in this match.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:Ronnie makes too many unforced errors. And his shot selection is can be garbage at times.
Looks like 5-4.

He's trying to play the perfect safety shot everytime. Using a lot of side, playing 3 or 4 cushion shots. Sometimes you need to play a containing one. Like the good old Selbo does.

That's my point. I just don't get him at times, the dump shot is a very good shot.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:
Looks like 5-4.

yeah. even the big breaks came when Higgins was first in and broke down