Post a reply

Re: Coral Players Championship Last 16 !!

Postby TheRocket

Good response from Higgins to win the match. Didnt expect that. It feels as if he read my "prime Higgins vs prime Selby" thread and gained confidence from the 16:1 poll result.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:Good response from Higgins to win the match. Didnt expect that. It feels as if he read my "prime Higgins vs prime Selby" thread and gained confidence from the 16:1 poll result.

<ok>

Postby Johnny Bravo

masterdoctorgenius wrote:El clasico on Friday. Will Ronnie rubbish in his pants again when facing John in a ranking event? Will he have too much respect? Will he kiss John's butt?

Let's hope not. :-(

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:El clasico on Friday. Will Ronnie rubbish in his pants again when facing John in a ranking event? Will he have too much respect? Will he kiss John's butt?

This idea that Ronnie is somehow scared to play John, or can't beat him because he has too much respect is utter nonsense. I can't believe people actually think it.

Postby mantorok

TheRocket wrote:Last time they've played Ronnie arguably played the best match against him since the Masters final 2005. We'll see how it ends this time.

One thing I've noticed is it's rare these days that they both turn up. Majority of encounters seem to rest on one of them being out of sorts.

Toss of a coin.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Last time they've played Ronnie arguably played the best match against him since the Masters final 2005. We'll see how it ends this time.

in invitationals he plays okay vs him. Its the the ranking events where Ronnie sucks vs Higgins.

Just a mere coincidence, but true nonetheless.

Postby Dan-cat

masterdoctorgenius wrote:

in invitationals he plays okay vs him. Its the the ranking events where Ronnie sucks vs Higgins.

How does this make any difference...

One table set up might, though

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:John's got this. I'm happy for you Hendry Fan!

Very humble of you Mr Dan- :cat: . :hatoff:

Well,i was critical of John in the earlier part of the match,but in the 2nd part he played not brilliant,but well.

Selbs had a good spell in the match too,but he lost most of the tactical battles which gave John more chances,which he took more.

Very well done John!,i,m off now,have to get ready as i,m invited for some spaghetti bolognese,might down it with some red. :wine:

:happy: :clap: :cracker: :D :happy:

Nice evening all,enjoy the matches tnight.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Good response from Higgins to win the match. Didnt expect that. It feels as if he read my "prime Higgins vs prime Selby" thread and gained confidence from the 16:1 poll result.

Yeah probably lol...

Good match in prospect between two all time greats.

Its fast approaching to be the h2h with most matches, if not already.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:

This idea that Ronnie is somehow scared to play John, or can't beat him because he has too much respect is utter nonsense. I can't believe people actually think it.

I wouldnt say scared but I do think Ronnie gives him too much respect at times. Which means playing negative, taking more time on easier shots and not playing his natural game.

In recent time he did a lot better against Higgins but there was a 10 year period when Ronnie always played rubbish against Higgins.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Just a mere coincidence, but true nonetheless.

It is nothing more than a coincidence that the last few times that Ronnie has beaten Higgins have been in invitationals. You really can't read anything into it.

Much though some people seem to want to.

Postby TheRocket

mantorok wrote:

One thing I've noticed is it's rare these days that they both turn up. Majority of encounters seem to rest on one of them being out of sorts.

Toss of a coin.

yes true. Its not like the late 90's or early 00's when you had a lot of encounters with both playing to a high level at the same time. And to be honest. Ronnie was winning most of these matches.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

I wouldnt say scared but I do think Ronnie gives him too much respect at times. Which means playing negative, taking more time on easier shots and not playing his natural game.

In recent time he did a lot better against Higgins but there was a 10 year period when Ronnie always played rubbish against Higgins.

Hasn't Ronnie won 5 of their last 6 meetings or something?

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

5 of the last 7. Higgins won in Scotland and Wales last season, ROS in Hong Kong, English Open, CoC, Shanghai (last season) and COC this season.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

5 of the last 7. Higgins won in Scotland and Wales last season, ROS in Hong Kong, English Open, CoC, Shanghai (last season) and COC this season.

TOO MUCH RESPECT!

Postby Andre147

Its true in the past 2 years Ronnie has managed to find the formula to beat Higgins.

But its undeniable that between late 2005 for more than a decade Ronnie lost too many matches against him, and very important ones too.

At least he won their biggest, the 2001 World Final.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Its true in the past 2 years Ronnie has managed to find the formula to beat Higgins.

But its undeniable that between late 2005 for more than a decade Ronnie lost too many matches against him, and very important ones too.

Is that because Ronnie 'respected him too much', or just because Higgins is an awesome player also? He is going to beat Ronnie on occasion.

The way we're talking, it suggests that the head to head is massively in Higgins' favour.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Its true in the past 2 years Ronnie has managed to find the formula to beat Higgins.

Is that because Ronnie 'respected him too much', or just because Higgins is an awesome player also? He is going to beat Ronnie on occasion.

The way we're talking, it suggests that the head to head is massively in Higgins' favour.

Its not.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:

When I say respected him too much I just meant that he sometimes doesnt play his natural game against him. Like playing a lot slower or negative. Whenever he plays quicker and more agressive it works better imo.