Post a reply

Television coverage of snooker

Postby Roland

Currently we have:

BBC coverage of the Grand Prix, UK, Masters and World Championships

Eurosport coverage of the above plus all other ranking events, as well as John Higgins’ World Series of Snooker

Skysports coverage of the Premier League Snooker events

Internet feeds

Bookmakers websites coverage of the Championship League Snooker events

What is your opinion of them and what do they need to do to improve?

http://www.snookerfanatic.com/articles/ ... sation-33/

Re: Television coverage of snooker

Postby Rocket_ron

I think eurosport could do with a red button service loke the bbc. take for instance the welsh open that has just past, eurosport is guaranteed to be showing a match that your not really bothered about, and its the other match you want to see so a red button service for eurosport would be great

Re: Television coverage of snooker

Postby SnookerFan

rocket_ron wrote:I think eurosport could do with a red button service loke the bbc. take for instance the welsh open that has just past, eurosport is guaranteed to be showing a match that your not really bothered about, and its the other match you want to see so a red button service for eurosport would be great

That'd be excellent, but I don't see it happening on Eurosport unfortunately. The budget is too tight. And I don't think Sky is interested enough to have proper ranking events on.

Pity though, because you're right. The amount of times Eurosport makes what I feel is the incorrect decision about match selection, and I am sure others feel this way too.